Tritons dress for 17 month old

My~Rumbly~Tumbly

Mouseketeer
Am I right that Tritons is the more formal of the restaurants on the Wonder? We are planning to dress up (as we NEVER have that opportunity), so what should my son wear? A little suit or would a nice sweater and khaki's be more appropriate. Will my daughter be too cool in a short sleeved gown/would my son be too warm in a sweater?

Questions, questions.... I appreciate your patience :)

I was planning on long skirt w/matching top for formal & semi formal nights on the Magic. I have a 3rd I was planning on wearing to Lumiere's (equivalent of Triton's). I was told it may be too dressy - however, if DH ends up in his tux again this night you can be sure I'll be wearing it. I bought a new white sweater Im bringing along to the dining rooms as I hear they can get chilly especially with sunburns.
Have fun - as long as you and the kids feel comfortable - and would you worry more about DS if he was in the little suit? Is it something youd like him to wear again and now's the chance? Go for it

No Barb, we don't have a suit for DS; we'd need to purchase it and very unlikely he'd wear it again (as you know they grow so quickly at this age). Being the holidays though, he'd be sure to wear a nice sweater again. I just didn't know if it would be too warm for that. Maybe a pair of khaki's, dress shirt and tie would be better than a suit or sweater.

awww Im sure either would be really adorable. I remember when DS was young (long time ago) someone gave him their outgrown sons white suit. I think DS wore it maybe once. Yes, they sure do grow quick when they're young. Now DS just gets taller!
Im sure a nice shirt/pants w/sweater would look cute too. Then he could get more wear out of each item. And in the Christmas colors. Be sure to get his pic w/the Christmas tree.

Yes, Triton's is the dressier night on the Wonder. Your son would be fine in khaki pants and a polo shirt or button down shirt, and your daughter will look adorable in any dress. :)

I think the sweater might be too warm for your son, and your daughter would be fine in a sleeveless dress as long as you had a light sweater for her too.

Enjoy! :)

Our sons were 8 months and 3 1/2 when we cruised. They both wore Khaki pants, button down shirts suit jacket and tie. They looked adorable and the pictures made great Christmas cards.
At 17 months you may be able to find the 3 piece outfits for him, like at Sears, and that wouldnt be too expensive(usually around 30.00). Maybe it even could be used as a holiday outfit?

My RT,
If you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you they have really cute 3 piece outfits w/tie. They run about $20 bucks, some are a bit Sopranos, but I got a cute sage green one -white shirt, pants vest and tie. Give it a shot! L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter