Trojan Horse

warrenite

Mouseketeer
Every Time I go to or refresh the main board page I receive a trojan horse message from my virus program.

Any suggestions?

Here is the message "Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_c.ACX"

Thanks,

John

Me too. I am getting ready to log off before this site kills my computer!

Yep, looks like some flash issue.. since it shows an .swf file...

And it only seems to do it on the main board page.. ie: disboards.com... havent had it happen in I navigate directly to subforum..

And it's a temp internet file, of course the directory will almost for sure be different for everyone, but on mine it is BK2SA613\swfobject[1].js

Glad it isn't just me. I logged off yesterday, and ran a virus scan etc, but it is still happening? Weird, this is the only site?

It started for me last night, also only on main paige. Signed off and ran a virus scan, nothing found. Went back to Dis today and I am still getting the trojan horse warrinig. Any one have any ideas?

I can't recreate it, can you give me the following information?
What anti-virus sofware are you using?
What browser are you using (internet explorer, firefox etc)
What operating system do you have? (XP, Mac OS 10 etc)
What style are you using for the boards?

I just emailed on the same thing. It started today for me too. Didn't think to check tech support thread. We use AVG.

I can't recreate it, can you give me the following information?
What anti-virus sofware are you using?AVG 8
What browser are you using (internet explorer, firefox etc)IE 7, I think(tab browsing)
What operating system do you have? (XP, Mac OS 10 etc)XP
What style are you using for the boards?
Default? never changed it

I'm getting it also and I use AVG. I have Vista. On DH's computer now and didn't get the message when I opened DISboards on his. He has Kapersky and uses Windows XP. :confused3

current AVG 8, vista, IE7, default

Have a feeling it almost has to do with the news block on the main page, as that's the only thing that's not there on any of the other pages..

Happens on other styles also, but didnt happen EVERY time I switched, but did happen if i refreshed..

So far it seems like everyone getting this is using AVG. The other clue is the name of the "trojan" it is finding, it's calling it a generic.
Looks like an AVG false positive

So far it seems like everyone getting this is using AVG. The other clue is the name of the "trojan" it is finding, it's calling it a generic.

Yes I have AVG as well, interesting only time I've seen this. AVG has seemed to be a stable and properly functioning program.

John

What would have triggered it? It started for me last night, my AVG updates in the AM and I had no problems until around 6:30pm

hello.
I have this virus as well. I use vista and have avg but avg does not heal it.

I picked this virus up somehere else *** I've never been on disboards before.

I googled "trojan downloader generic_c asx" to find some help and this is the only forum I could find with info on this virus. It must be very new. I got it last night (saturday 30th August 08)

It only happens when I log in to my internet explorer homepage. Doesn't seem to happen when I browse via mozilla firefox.

Any advice on removing it would be hugely appreciated.

Keith

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter