Tron and Cosmic Rewind vs. Hagrid (intensity level)

jeters_boy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering from a standpoint of drops/intensity, how do Tron and Cosmic Rewind compare to Hagrid? Hagrid is just about my limit lol.

Thank you in advance.

I haven’t been on Hagrid. But Tron is super short. Only the launch got my stomach. In my opinion, Guardians is more intense than Tron. Guardians gets my stomach a few times and the ride is longer, and the launch and turns feel more intense.

I think Hagrid's feels faster and possibly has a larger drop than either Tron or Cosmic Rewind. The drop on Hagrid's is nothing like Splash Mountain though. Tron is less intense than Cosmic Rewind.

According to Wikipedia/internet, here are some pertinent stats.
Hagrid's - 7 launches, longest coaster in Florida in length of track, 50 mph max, 65ft spike followed by backwards drop
Cosmic Rewind - 60mph max, 133ft height (no real drops or air time), can't find number of launches
Tron - 59mph max, 78ft height (not a full drop from this height though), can't find number of launches

I am actually surprised that Cosmic Rewind looks more intense than Hagrid's in the specs, but I guess the launches and spike push Hagrid's higher in intensity for me.

Tron: length 3169.3 feet, manufactured by Vekoma. Should be same as Shangai's Tron.

GoG: 5577.4 feet, duration 3:10, also a Vekoma, elements: Dark, 2x Booster Wheel Lift Hill, LSM launch.

Hagrid's: 5053 feet, Height: 65 feet, LSM Launch, 5x LSM boost, vertical rollback, Vertical Drop Track w/17foot drop, LSM Launch (rolling), manufactured by Intamin.

Cosmic Rewind isn't super intense, but the large screens are potentially a bit disorienting. One trick is simply to avoid watching them. Avert/close your eyes for short sections of the ride if they bother you.

For GoG, try to relax and enjoy the soundtrack. The ride moves in sync with the soundtrack, and is very smooth. IMO, it is even smoother than Hagrid's.

7DMT and EE are also Vekoma, though EE dates to 2006. (So not as smooth as newer coasters.) Velocicoaster and Escape from Gingotts are both Intamin.

Have not been on Tron yet.
Would put Velocicoaster as most intense, then Hagrids, due to multiple launches, followed closely by GoTG.
All 3 are super smooth.
Based on videos, I would put Tron at the bottom.

Thanks everyone! It sounds like if I enjoyed Hagrid, I should enjoy Cosmic Rewind and Tron as well. It's mainly the drops that get me (I had to build courage up to ride Splash Mountain), so it sounds like the 2 new ones aren't too bad on that front.

Hagrid’s was more intense than I thought it would be! But Velocicoaster and Hagrid’s are hands down me and DH’s favorite rides ever after only one trip to Universal and we are totally Disney people!
I'm just curious if You've done Cosmic Rewind yet? Velocicoaster and Hagrids were my favorites in terms of thrill rides in Universal and WDW. Now it's Cosmic Rewind for me. Just wondering what your thoughts are on it.

I think Hagrid's overall motion is more intense than both Cosmic and Tron. Cosmic has more swooping and swerving movements but no sudden steep drops. The ride is mesmerizingly beautiful for those that can tolerate the screens. Unfortunately I got disoriented quickly and probably won't ride again.

Tron was a fun ride, albeit very short. This may sound silly, but the restraints on Tron made me feel safer than Hagrids. I remember thinking I was going to fly off the bike at Hagrids. Did not feel that with Tron.

I'm just curious if You've done Cosmic Rewind yet? Velocicoaster and Hagrids were my favorites in terms of thrill rides in Universal and WDW. Now it's Cosmic Rewind for me. Just wondering what your thoughts are on it.
I was thinking the same thing. We love Veloci and Hagrids, but after doing Cosmic Rewind over and over again it's just so super fun in a different way that it's become our favorite...of the Florida parks at least.

I got to ride both Tron and Cosmic Rewind recently. I would put them both on par with Hagrid's in terms of intensity. They were both incredible experiences. I feel like these 2 rides change my entire perception of a WDW visit, and I've been going since I was a kid in the 80's.

Agree with the above that all three are similar in intensity. For me, after riding Tron several times on our last trip, it really made my upper back really really sore (right between the shoulder blades) from the riding position. May give the regular seat a try next time.

I think we have similar ride sensibilities! I don't like drops - Tower of Terror was a one and done for me. And Hagrid's is close to my limit for ride intensitiy. Though I did find it easier each time I rode it - and I do love it! Tron is very easy, in my opinion. Lots of fun, but easy. Cosmic Rewind is more intense but in a different way than Hagrid's. I really love all three rides. My husband has ridden Velocicoaster and says it's the most intense thing he's done - when they warn you to remove all prosthetics before getting on the ride you know it's going to be wild! I sat and sipped a lovely beverage while he rode it LOL

I hated Hagrid’s sooooooo much. I love coasters, but the accelerations really bothered me for some reason. I loved Tron and have no problem with launches, but on Hagrid’s you are moving already and then shoot forward. I was on the bike part of the ride. Maybe it isn’t as intense if seated? Haven’t tried Guardians yet, but thinking I’ll skip due to motion sickness issues with virtual rides.

No issues with Tron and Guardians (my fave) but not that keen on Hagrids. I did use motion sickness tablets and behind the ears patches for GOTG, didn’t realise I should have for Hagrids too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter