Tron AP preview thread

I had to wait until today to come back to this thread. I was so disappointed.

I got into the preview link right away and waited only 20 minutes before directing to MDE and got an error saying I had no AP and asking for my number which it would not recognize. Called AP line and they confirmed my AP# but could not help me although they were very nice and tried. Got in again this time on my computer and when redirected to the site got a white screen and nothing. Tried again and it filled up. So upsetting but then realized its not the end of the world lol!

I'm so happy for everyone who got a preview and hope you all have a wonderful time!!

Very excited to go, I was so close to buying the D23 dates since I was positive it won't show passholder previews for my trip in early March, never pulled that plug but did snag a date for the passholder ones since it did show up on the exact dates I'm set to travel!

I was so nervous while selecting my preview time that I got confused and picked a morning slot (thinking we had to leave to go home that day), when I really wanted a night time slot and had the chance to get one. I’m thankful to have gotten a spot, but I’m so frustrated about what I did. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at previous previews riding at a different time.

I was so nervous while selecting my preview time that I got confused and picked a morning slot (thinking we had to leave to go home that day), when I really wanted a night time slot and had the chance to get one. I’m thankful to have gotten a spot, but I’m so frustrated about what I did. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck at previous previews riding at a different time.

I had this question too. Has anyone ever had any success changing their preview date/time and if so, how did you go about doing it?

When you don't know the possible dates in advance to plan, once you do get in it's hard to select a date/time under pressure (out of fear of taking too long and the spots being gone!)

I had this question too. Has anyone ever had any success changing their preview date/time and if so, how did you go about doing it?

When you don't know the possible dates in advance to plan, once you do get in it's hard to select a date/time under pressure (out of fear of taking too long and the spots being gone!)
You are unable to change your preview time. It is final.

This is what happened to me. I felt so much pressure to pick quickly that I messed up. I know we can’t change our time slot, but I’ve heard of folks being able to ride multiple times on their preview day. Just wondering if that’s back to back, or if we could possible come back that same day and ride at night?

This is what happened to me. I felt so much pressure to pick quickly that I messed up. I know we can’t change our time slot, but I’ve heard of folks being able to ride multiple times on their preview day. Just wondering if that’s back to back, or if we could possible come back that same day and ride at night?
No, only during your time frame.

I was at work sister clicked the link right at 9 when I was on break at 1030 she was still over an hour to go… by the time she made it in there at it showed the 8th & 9th as available but she kept getting error messages when she put party of two than it said sold out

Now to 🤞🏻 that I can get a VQ on April 17th aKa the first day Pixie Dust passholders have access to the ride and the second day Pirate passholders like myself have it

I can’t justify an ILL because between my size and my legs recovering from running 19.3 miles I’m fairly certain I’ll be doing the seat of shame

Please don't refer to the accessible seat as "the seat of shame"

I wouldn't count on this. They only allowed it on Day 1 of GOTG then didn't allow it anymore. I couldn't re-ride when I did my GOTG preview.

Probably a dumb question, but with the issues using Genie+ in another park in the morning, is the park reservation the thing that scans into the preview, or are there 2 different items in MDE? I guess my question is could I cancel the extra MK park reservation and keep my preview time since it’s way past park hopping time? I don’t really need a park reservation. Or is the park reservation the preview ticket? I hope that makes sense.

Probably a dumb question, but with the issues using Genie+ in another park in the morning, is the park reservation the thing that scans into the preview, or are there 2 different items in MDE? I guess my question is could I cancel the extra MK park reservation and keep my preview time since it’s way past park hopping time? I don’t really need a park reservation. Or is the park reservation the preview ticket? I hope that makes sense.
The extra MK park res shouldn’t be cancellable. At least my Epcot one for GotG was not. After we had tapped into Epcot and ridden some rides and had done the preview, we thought about heading to HS, and I did have a HS park res in my account, but it wouldn’t let me book rides. I tried to cancel the Epcot res and the system wouldn’t let me. We were staying at Universal that week and had just popped over to Epcot for the preview, so we went to Guest Services and got our Genie + refunded, ate at a few food booths and left.

The extra MK park res shouldn’t be cancellable. At least my Epcot one for GotG was not. After we had tapped into Epcot and ridden some rides and had done the preview, we thought about heading to HS, and I did have a HS park res in my account, but it wouldn’t let me book rides. I tried to cancel the Epcot res and the system wouldn’t let me. We were staying at Universal that week and had just popped over to Epcot for the preview, so we went to Guest Services and got our Genie + refunded, ate at a few food booths and left.
Oh man, that stinks. Maybe we need to look at rearranging our days a bit.

Oh man, that stinks. Maybe we need to look at rearranging our days a bit.
This was not an uncommon occurrence and lots of people were trekking to Guest Services about not being able to book in their second park (or even first depending on preview time), so maybe IT has patched some kind of workaround, but frankly, I don’t have that much faith in Disney IT.

Oh man, the flight prices are out of control. Is an AP preview really worth it? I'm trying every airline, city (Tampa, Orlando, Daytona), and date combo and the lowest I can find right now for our preview slot is $600 per person..

Last edited:
Oh man, the flight prices are out of control. Is an AP preview really worth it? I'm trying every airline, city (Tampa, Orland, Daytona), and date combo and the lowest I can find right now for our preview slot is $600 per person..
The AP preview is a nice little bonus, but IMO, not worth those flight prices. You can pay for ILL on your next visit for a lot less than that.

Oh man, the flight prices are out of control. Is an AP preview really worth it? I'm trying every airline, city (Tampa, Orland, Daytona), and date combo and the lowest I can find right now for our preview slot is $600 per person..
This is where the craziness comes in - when is it worth it to view it in March, 2023, as opposed to the attraction being open for all MK guests in April?! I view these previews as a major bonus if we happen to be there at the time - which doesn't happen very often, but has worked out by dumb luck for Tron next month! But if we didn't get preview slots, we'd save that money for a future trip, spend $25 for ILL, and enjoy it then!

I booked a preview and then looked at flights and immediately canceled it (which meant being on hold for a long time with the passholder line). I wanted to cancel right away so hopefully someone else could pick it up. By the time I paid for flight, hotel, transportation it was going to cost me around $1000 for an under 2 minute coaster ride...I must admit though it was tempting!

What departure airports are available? What dates?

Nope not worth it. Enjoy it next time you come and even treat yourself to buying LL and doing Virtual Queue will still be so much cheaper.
Plus if there is any ride breakdown and such during your day there is always the risk you don't even get to ride in on the preview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter