Tron AP preview thread

Hearing that riding in the front is the best. But what is the best way to sit? Are you resting your chest on the vehicle with your head down? Or are you trying to sit up as far as possible with the back restraint? Opinions?
Sit higher in the seat for a more intense experience. the closer your chest is to the ride vehicle, the lower the G force you will experience.

(See my full post a few pages back for full explanation)

I ended up in row 1, no extra wait as no one had requested it. LOVED IT. I would wait extra for that thrill again.

I’m not sure the best way to deal with this. I arrived shortly after my 1:30pm window opened and I walked right up to the first scan, no line because the line had already been let in for my 1:30 slot. I would have had a long wait at the ride I think, looked long (I’m DAS so I don’t know how long the normal line was).

I saw the line to tea cups from the people mover earlier and knew that wasn’t happening for me so I waited until about 1:35pm. On arrival they were starting up that holding line for the 2pm group already.

I think the best way with no RS* would have been arrive like 5–10 mins before the next 30 min group is called. No outside line and you’ll be at the front of the next group basically. *Could run into issues at RS because the wait for it could be backed up resulting in the next group flooding in by you while you stand in the RS line.

What does RS mean?

TRON preview this morning was great! Loved the ride! Arrived to the entrance to be scanned about 9:40 for our 9 am slot. There was a line of people to the side, I think probably the 10 am group. Only about 5 or 6 people in front of us to test the seat and we were off about 10:20.
We did have trouble getting into Hollywood Studios afterwards. We had park passes for HS made before the MK ones were added for the preview. We had to leave the entrance and go over to guest services to get them to fix it. Only took about 5 minutes but would probably recommend to head there first if you’re hopping to another park before 2 on your preview day.

I just did my preview (had the 7-8 pm slot). I got on line at around 6:45 and waited close to an hour. I requested the front row which added on maybe 5-7 minutes to the wait. I really liked the launch and the outdoor portion but other than that....meh. I don't think it's worth the $20 ILL Disney will probably charge for it. Guardians is a way better coaster in comparison. I did find the seats to be pretty uncomfortable and I had indentations on my back legs when I got off. The ride is really short but that was not a surprise to me since this is the same ride as Shanghai's.

Front row and riding at night is the way to go IMO.

Last edited:

I just did my preview (had the 7-8 pm slot). I got on line at around 6:45 and waited close to an hour. I requested the front row which added on maybe 5-7 minutes to the wait. I really liked the launch and the outdoor portion but other than that....meh. I don't think it's worth the $20 ILL Disney will charge for it. Guardians is a way better coaster in comparison. I did find the seats to be pretty uncomfortable and I had indentations on my back legs when I got off. The ride is really short but that was not a surprise to me since this is the same ride as Shanghai's.

Front row and riding at night is the way to go IMO.
I thought it was kind of uncomfortable also. I had indentations in my inner thighs.

I thought it was kind of uncomfortable also. I had indentations in my inner thighs.
I didn’t love the seat but no marks. Not on the ride long enough to leave marks for me I guess. Much longer and it would
i told DH I do doubt I could have gotten on pre knee replacement. No way would they have bent enough before

I barely fit in the front row and needed CM assistance. I was somewhat uncomfortable and I’ll probably ask for the accessible seat from now on

The most discomfort I had was in my chest and the rest of my family said the same. In terms of indentations only my sister and I had them on our legs and we're fairly small (for reference I'm 5'4").

The most discomfort I had was in my chest and the rest of my family said the same. In terms of indentations only my sister and I had them on our legs and we're fairly small (for reference I'm 5'4").
I’m 5’5” so similar in height

My son (9) and I rode it last night and had no issues with the vehicle - absolutely loved the launch and sequence outside. Wish you did that a few times over and over again. Sitting up in the vehicle and putting your hands out is, well, the only way to ride 😊

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the handgrips. I found them to be so harsh on my hands. Did anyone else experience that? I really am not a fan.
My mom said the same thing last night. She thought the hand grips were worse than the uncomfortable seat. I didn't love them either.

We rode last night after dark - DH waited about 30 minutes and I did riderswap. The launch and outdoor portion was my favorite part, and I wish it were longer. Super fun, but not a must like Guardians for us.

DH had marks on his leg but I wasn't uncomfortable at all. The handgrips are awful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter