Tron AP preview thread

how do I see what time I have? I forgot what I signed up for and they never sent me a confirmation email (but I do have a park reservation automatically added)

how do I see what time I have? I forgot what I signed up for and they never sent me a confirmation email (but I do have a park reservation automatically added)
Depending on your schedule, I'd either call the AP line so they can look it up, or if you'll be at MK all day anyways, you can probably have the CMs by the event help

Depending on your schedule, I'd either call the AP line so they can look it up, or if you'll be at MK all day anyways, you can probably have the CMs by the event help

I think it's around 3-5 so I will be there by then to ask someone the exact time, but was just wondering if there was somewhere else to view it so I don't have to worry about it or go all the way over there at the wrong time.

They should at least put it in your disney app like a boarding queue or something

On our way down for our 2pm slot today. Sounds like the later times are a bit of a nightmare in terms of the lines so hoping it moves fast at least?
We had 6:30. Showed up I think 6:40. Line moved steady. We stopped for photo, so did not go in Queue until 6:55 pm. We were on the ride at 7:30.it was fascinating watching the lights. Moved fast.

Did ours at 1pm yesterday. Arrived before 1:15. Longest wait was for the first scan. We were definitely off before 2pm, maybe waited 30-40 minutes. The hand grips were kind of rough but no worse than the bar bells at the gym. You only need to touch them to pull them back initially. Son (17) and I thought it was more comfortable than FOP. Husband complained about his bony shins; although mine are pretty bony too. We are all mostly thin. My stomach/chest was a little uncomfortable, but that’s only because we ate a late buffet breakfast at Crystal Palace. We were still full. I liked it and thought it was fun. Did GOTG today and felt it was more thrilling. I ride a large displacement scooter/small motorcycle, so that’s more thrilling with idiot drivers than Tron🤣

For the record I LOVED it and can’t relate to people calling it uncomfortable. My husband and I are both fairly large people and were comfy.

That launch feels like flying. I can’t wait to do it at night with the lights - to me that’s going to be worth a ILL or Deluxe stay for extra hours virtual queue.

Loved it - but still love Guardians and FOP more. My concern was positioning considering I have not too great knees (and had knee arthroscopy in Nov).

Was this going to put too much weight/pressure on my knees?

No. Weight in legs were fully on shins.

That was a relief.

I would def virtual queue to ride it but maybe not pay ILL for it (I routinely do both for Guardians).

My one sentence review mimics most: great ride except too short. Rode it during the day; can’t wait to try it at night.

Last edited:
Rode it a week ago today at the 7-8pm slot. Waited over an hour in line, but enjoyed it immensely - I was happy to just take in all the details and listen to the music!

Thought the ride was amazing, but I’m an Admitted TRON geek. I wish they’d gone full storytelling mode a la Rise, but for a standalone attraction, I felt like they did a good job of making me feel immersed in The Grid. At the same time, friends with whom I rode who’d never seen the movies also enjoyed it, so I think Disney struck a good balance between details for TRON lovers and not overdoing it for folks who have no clue what they mean. I do surely wish it would exit into a replica of Flynn’s arcade.

I’m a petite lady at 5’ tall and slim and had no issue getting on - it sits lower on the track than I expected. I laid flat down before pulling the bars and did front row: I really had to tilt my head up to see anything and that was not at all comfortable - I’ll sit a bit more upright next time. Though it really did enhance the feeling of speed! Agreed on the ROUGH handlebars. I kept only a light grip to avoid pain. Weird decision made on that element.

ETA: a friend who rode during CM previews and again with an AP preview said the Daft Punk soundtrack wasn’t running indoors during her CM preview, but it definitely was during our AP ride.

On our way down for our 2pm slot today. Sounds like the later times are a bit of a nightmare in terms of the lines so hoping it moves fast at least?
My time was at 5pm on Sunday and there was no one in line. I walked right on and had the whole thing to myself. I hope that all passholders were able to get a chance to ride it because they definitely could have had more people sign up if my whole thing was empty.

I went at 5:15 though so maybe that’s why? The 5:30 group was already lining up. I personally would recommend going a little after your time to avoid the crowd.

My time was at 5pm on Sunday and there was no one in line. I walked right on and had the whole thing to myself. I hope that all passholders were able to get a chance to ride it because they definitely could have had more people sign up if my whole thing was empty.

I went at 5:15 though so maybe that’s why? The 5:30 group was already lining up. I personally would recommend going a little after your time to avoid the crowd.
Same.

Seems they are lining up groups in 30 min increments so the best time to come is about 15 min into your time slot so that all the people in line prior to the slot time are through verification before you get there.

We were told at 5:15 - line up here for 5:30 and if your time is 5, go straight to check in (no line).

Same.

Seems they are lining up groups in 30 min increments so the best time to come is about 15 min into your time slot so that all the people in line prior to the slot time are through verification before you get there.

We were told at 5:15 - line up here for 5:30 and if your time is 5, go straight to check in (no line).

We had 6:30 to 7:30 last Friday and got in line at 6:20 and was off at 7:15 but that also included potty stop lol.

I had my DVC preview on 3/5 in the evening (in the midst of the huge deluge of rain that was occurring) and then the AP on 3/10 in the afternoon. Because it was downpouring so badly when I went on 3/5, it was just myself and another family on the train (for a total of 4 of us) after a complete walk on. I did not fit right in the regular seat so I rode in the chariot seat in the back. I really liked it back there. I was with my friends on 3/10 at 1 PM. We arrived a little after 1 and assumed the long line was to get in, but those were the 1:30 PM people, so we were sent right up to the front. We used DAS and went up the lightening lane. I just asked for the chariot seat and my friends rode on the bikes. I still enjoyed it and I like the fuller overall view from the chariot seat. My friends were both not sure what just happened on the ride. And my one friend said she felt like she could fall out and did not fee secure at all. She said she would rather ride Guardians again than this one.

Unfortunately I did not get to ride. I had Friday (3/10) 11-12pm. I got there at 12:06 & was told they "close for lunch". Next time I will throw elbows running down Main Street to make it I guess. :rotfl2:

Unfortunately I did not get to ride. I had Friday (3/10) 11-12pm. I got there at 12:06 & was told they "close for lunch". Next time I will throw elbows running down Main Street to make it I guess. :rotfl2:

they told me it doesn't matter if you're late for your time, you could always go on later in the day

My Wife also complained about the hand grips being rough. I thought it was somewhat uncomfortable on the belly but I did enjoy the ride. Too short though. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Nothing to write home about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter