• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 years to the day since WDW opend.
Everything announced at D23 is thought to be open by the 50th Anniversary or a little after. When construction is said to be done, that doesn't mean that is when it is going to open. Pandora had plans going into 2018, and it opened in 2017. It's not good to speculate. It's better to just sit and wait for an official Disney announcement.

Interested to see this. Seems like an odd, but precise, choice of date.

It's said to come from a document filed with the state. I follow permits pretty closely but this must be some type of document I don't have access to. It's likely some sort of expiration date, or at least at date where Disney is confident work would be done. There would be no reason to actually put an opening date on a document of this sort.

It’s the date on a permit. Permit completion dates do not correlate to opening dates. Pandora has permit dates going into 2018.
You actually answered my question. I was wondering when the last permits expiration dates were but was too lazy to find out.

At least we know the latest date this will open by. I doubt it but if it follows pandora and has that year gap between opening and expiration then that gives about two years for construction. Considering it took that long for mine train (I consider construction started when dumbo closed) that’s not bad, especially considering nothing was on this plot of land before and rerouting the drainage and all that fun stuff that wasn’t applicable to mine train

It’s the date on a permit. Permit completion dates do not correlate to opening dates. Pandora has permit dates going into 2018.
Ahh. Perhaps that's when they turn it over to Park Operations to begin training and testing? With actual opening date sometime (weeks? months?) later?

Ahh. Perhaps that's when they turn it over to Park Operations to begin training and testing? With actual opening date sometime (weeks? months?) later?
Not necessarily. The opening date could be well before that date like we saw with documented dates from Pandora.

Not necessarily. The opening date could be well before that date like we saw with documented dates from Pandora.
Makes sense that they would request a permit for well beyond expected completion. That would allow them to continue construction without applying for extended permits if unexpected delays occur.

I'm very excited for this ride. One of three things I was jealous about Shanghai over.

1. Their castle(and boat ride and walkthrough areas).

2. Their POTC

3. TRON!

I'm still jealous of EVERYONE ELSE's Space Mountain.

Went over to MK today and went behind Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. A couple of observations I took note of.

I don't feel the walkway between Tomorrowland Speedway and the TLPC will be adequate in it's current configuration; I see this as a major bottleneck as I only see 1 way in/out.

The site clearing/size is much more larger than any concept art I have seen. Between the trees, I had trouble to gauge the scale of this project, but I was in awe by this size that I could see (I took some photos, but they are not good).

IMG_20180521_134919_346.jpg Tron 1.JPG Tron 2.JPG

Went over to MK today and went behind Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. A couple of observations I took note of.

I don't feel the walkway between Tomorrowland Speedway and the TLPC will be adequate in it's current configuration; I see this as a major bottleneck as I only see 1 way in/out.

The site clearing/size is much more larger than any concept art I have seen. Between the trees, I had trouble to gauge the scale of this project, but I was in awe by this size that I could see (I took some photos, but they are not good).

View attachment 323991 View attachment 323993 View attachment 323994
They are also are configuring the retention pond in this area so that’s why the area is so large.

They are also are configuring the retention pond in this area so that’s why the area is so large.

They also modified the permit to increase the area which appears to broach on the Tomorrowland Speedway. I think they recognize the potential bottleneck.

Tron 3.JPG

Here's another photo of what I am calling the suspect area.

IMG_20180521_135021_279.jpg

Am wondering if they’ll loop a path around from torn along the speedway to fantasyland. Kinda following the path that current walkway along the train does

I can definitely see that. I will be interested to see how they address this area.
Yeah I went and googled the concept art again and it looks like the path to it continues along the speedway to the other side. Obviously it’s just a blue sky piece, but I love reading into it nonetheless

Yeah I went and googled the concept art again and it looks like the path to it continues along the speedway to the other side. Obviously it’s just a blue sky piece, but I love reading into it nonetheless

I looked at it again too. I knew about the stairs/escalators, but I still believe, based on what I saw today and photographed, that area near TLPC will get cleaned up (remove the planters and benches).

I looked at it again too. I knew about the stairs/escalators, but I still believe, based on what I saw today and photographed, that area near TLPC will get cleaned up (remove the planters and benches).
It only makes sense; tron is gonna be the hot ticket in the park for a while after it opens, so they need as much clear space as they can get

Also wanted to add that given the permit modification you mentioned, I wonder if the speedway is going to get modified in some way. I’m of the opinion that it’s days are numbered regardless; it’s a slow loader, site on prime real estate, and probably is a pain in the butt from an operations standpoint. But as it’s supposed to remain even with tron that’s all conjecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter