Tron: post your experiences here regarding ride and Alternate Seating

It's a decent walk, several hundred feet, you have to go through a queue and into a room where you're digitized and then down a couple of hallways of lockers and then into a loading room which is a queue of downward ramps. You also won't be instantly seated in a rear row seat since they aren't on every train and the line tends to back up a little for them. Do make sure to have your virtual queue converted to a DAS/lightning lane once inside if you're DAS and have a VQ, as that line is a walk on for most of it opposed to the virtual line.

So if I buy a LL, is the walk considerably shorter?
Don't know about how much shorter, but there are far fewer LL than VQ, so it's basically a walk on til the merge in the final boarding room which moves pretty quick unless you need the back row for stationary seating; adds 5-10 minutes extra in my somewhat limited experience. I haven't done the VQ side, but it's not a short walk on the LL side, tbh; not space mountain long and no elevation change until the loading room which is all a gradual downhill walk.

I just got back and chose not to do Tron. I was told about the disability seating but the ride itself from what I read (then saw for myself), and that I have a problematic back, I decided against it. In the end, its just one very short thrill ride designed for speed among a huge number of other attractions.

GotG had much more appeal and did that one a couple times with no problem. But I could push really hard and jam myself into the seat, like I had to do with Space Mountain. Just a personal choice no different than any other. Besides, rides like Avatar are much more fun to me than a short high speed thrill ride. I get more than enough high speeds on local highways thank you.

Thanks for doing the legwork on this one. I'll see if I can contact disability services once TRON has officially opened and get an answer how TRON will handle this (as well as power chairs).
Following up with my experience on Tron last week. I ended up not taking my power chair this trip. Since I was using an ECV, I asked a CM near the start of the standby line for the procedure to follow. He had to get permission from his lead, but he took me through the queue in a wheelchair (using some backstage areas to bypass parts of the queue). I was lucky that I didn't have to wait a long time for a train with the standard back car (since I can't do the regular ride seats due to size as well as arthritic knees).

I was glad to ride Tron once, but it left me feeling a little queasy. I was glad for the short ride, it's a "one and done" for me. I think I would have fared better if I had taken some Bonine or Dramamine before the ride like I did with Guardians. No queasiness on Guardians although its design was more likely to cause issues for me than Tron.

I'm realizing that as I age (I'll be starting Medicare next year), I just can't do many of the thrill rides any longer. Fortunately Disney has plenty of attractions that I still enjoy.

Rode for the first time this week. No problem taking my electric chair through but if yours has a wide turn radius you will struggle. Mine is 26 degrees and it was tight. Once we got the bottom of the ramp right before load, we joined a separate queue of people waiting for the accessible car and waited about an extra 10mn. I put my chair in freewheel mode and it was waiting right next to the car when we exited. The ride itself is very smooth and does not jerk you around at all. No whiplashing like on BTMR.

Attempted to ride last week. We were in line for 1 1/4 hours when the ride went down—right at HEA showtime. WDW doesn’t give you any compensation when a VQ goes down. How difficult would it be to give those who choose to leave (I really wanted to see HEA) a stinking pass to a lesser ride.

We went back the next day and stood in line for an hour. DH and I both felt like Disney could do a much better job managing the VQ. We got a VQ for After Hours but decided against using our limited time for an iffy proposition even though it is a good ride. It just breaks down too often and Disney doesn’t appear to care.

The Pixie Dust is no more. I am NOT renewing my AP. The magic is gone.

Attempted to ride last week. We were in line for 1 1/4 hours when the ride went down—right at HEA showtime. WDW doesn’t give you any compensation when a VQ goes down. How difficult would it be to give those who choose to leave (I really wanted to see HEA) a stinking pass to a lesser ride.

We went back the next day and stood in line for an hour. DH and I both felt like Disney could do a much better job managing the VQ. We got a VQ for After Hours but decided against using our limited time for an iffy proposition even though it is a good ride. It just breaks down too often and Disney doesn’t appear to care.

The Pixie Dust is no more. I am NOT renewing my AP. The magic is gone.
It broke down when I was using an ILL last fall and in line for the alternate seating. They kept us there for an hour before dumping the line but everyone (even VQ) got a return LL good for TRON and everything else but 7DMT.

They evacuated those who were on the ride and a group of them walked through the loading area where I was. In retrospect I should have just attached to that group and followed them out (I’m assuming they got an LL too). If I did that I wouldn’t have been there for an extra hour.

Rode it 2 days ago and absolutely love this ride. The bench seat line was fast. Only 2 people waiting. They were very good at handling our request of keeping our party on the same train. It moved quickly and they were very efficient.

Since this is from last year, has this generally been other people's experiences? We have ridden Tron once before, not long after opening, and one of our party did not do well with the lightcycles (so of course it is now the favorite ride of another family member!)

We skipped it last time, but if we try to brave it again and two of our party go in the alternative seating, will they keep the rest of us on the same train? Can we just ride in front of the alternative seating area so we can stay together as much as possible?

Since this is from last year, has this generally been other people's experiences? We have ridden Tron once before, not long after opening, and one of our party did not do well with the lightcycles (so of course it is now the favorite ride of another family member!)
Rode it last week with a fam member who couldn’t do the normal seating around 6:30pm on Sat night. The accessible seat was only a few min extra wait as we only had like 1 party in front of us.

The hardest part was no ECVs in the line. He had to transfer to a wc which I had to push. He’s a large fellow and I have wrist/hand problems but we thought it would be fine as we forgot ramps exist. We were pretty good until the exit where it seemed like ramp after ramp after ramp to get up to the exit, I kinda had to do a running start on most. It was not safe and we won’t do that again unless I’m in better shape or he’s doing well enough he can walk.

Tim Tracker confirmed this on Instagram yesterday. The back row is for guests with disabilities or those who want to ride but don’t fit the bike.
You do not have to have a disability or be plus sized. Anybody can sit in it. My SIL is claustrophobic and asked for those seats. They were seated in them, no questions asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter