Tron: post your experiences here regarding ride and Alternate Seating

Also, my husband did not fit in the seat, so we waited for the “rover” car.

I know this is a longshot, but: has your husband ever ridden the Star Wars RoR ride?

I'm trying to figure out the measurement of the accessible Tron car; specifically, how high is the seat in relation to the floor, and how much forward leg room is there.

I cannot bend my knees very far, and because the RoR seat is so low and there's not much space for feet, I had my toes smashed against the front in somewhat dangerous position for my ankles. If the seat had been a quarter inch lower I wouldn't have managed at all. I'm a tiny woman but my left knee only bends about halfway to 90 degrees so when I sit in a low ride car I need room for my leg and foot to extend farther out in front of me, and most ride cars don't have that space. Even the most disabled accessible cars just assume you can bend your knees 90 degrees.

I know it's going to be too early for anyone to have measured with a ruler, but I'm asking around to see if anyone can compare the Tron accessible car with the RoR ride car, since that's the smallest one I can fit into.

Last edited:
I know this is a longshot, but: has your husband ever ridden the Star Wars RoR ride?

I'm trying to figure out the measurement of the accessible Tron car; specifically, how high is the seat in relation to the floor, and how much forward leg room is there.

I cannot bend my knees very far, and because the RoR seat is so low and there's not much space for feet, I had my toes smashed against the front in somewhat dangerous position for my ankles. If the seat had been a quarter inch lower I wouldn't have managed at all. I'm a tiny woman but my left knee only bends about halfway to 90 degrees so when I sit in a low ride car I need room for my leg and foot to extend farther out in front of me, and most ride cars don't have that space. Even the most disabled accessible cars just assume you can bend your knees 90 degrees.

I know it's going to be too early for anyone to have measured with a ruler, but I'm asking around to see if anyone can compare the Tron accessible car with the RoR ride car, since that's the smallest one I can fit into.
We've ridden Rise of the Resistance numerous times and my husband has never had any problems with the seat. I found the Tron rover seat to be very roomy leg-wise.

@KMP12
This thread has a video and some screenshots showing the accessible seat for Tron

I’m sticking this thread to the top of the board.
Please share your experiences with the ride and/or the alternative seating here

Wanted to add a few things from a related thread on the DIS. That thread focuses on larger sized guests, but there's discussion of other reasons as well that could prevent guests from riding on the bike vehicles.

From an article posted on the DIS two days ago:

"There was a line of people waiting for the “bench seat.” As of this writing, only two trains have this particular seat. I’m told they plan for all the trains to be outfitted soon. I’m not sure if this was always in the plans or decided now that they see how many people need it."

And for anyone who wants to see more about the bench seats vs bike seats, here's a video posted today.

Thank you for sharing the video that's super helpful to see.

I rode in the accessible car on March 4, while my husband and son rode the bikes in front of me.

The lap bar fit me like the man in the previous photo.

I’m prone to motion sickness. I had no issues with feeling sick. However, when I got out of the car, my legs were shaking and my finger tips were tingling. Was very odd. Took a minute then back to myself.

For those who use DAS, it looked like the entry point for the Lightning Line was right before the line for the lockers, and it was an extra 20-25 minutes before loading in an extremely claustrophobic line (for me).
yeah, that's what it looked like in the videos I saw. Just a little platform off to the side when you came down the ramp from the regular line? Kind of reminded me of the narrow, dark queues at Hogwarts. This may be a no-go for 2 of my kiddos who are the most excited to ride this. I look forward to more reports!

yeah, that's what it looked like in the videos I saw. Just a little platform off to the side when you came down the ramp from the regular line? Kind of reminded me of the narrow, dark queues at Hogwarts. This may be a no-go for 2 of my kiddos who are the most excited to ride this. I look forward to more reports!
took me about 5 minute wait in the line with a das last Wednesday

AllEars posted an article about the attraction.
The link above includes information about seating, including a video of trying out the trial seat.
There are also pictures and descriptions of the lockers and a short video showing the small on-vehicle storage compartment.
There are a couple of pictures of the queue and a video of the short, tight hallway just before the lockers (several posters mentioned it earlier in this thread)
These are screenshots from the video of that part. You can see a blue line on the floor in the second picture - that may be a ‘hold spot’ where they have guests wait if the locker area is too full of people.
9CE7D9BA-9632-429F-A483-6714A682007F.pngD5F156FE-B241-4350-9A46-365952E0E95D.png

I’ve heard that scooters ain’t allowed in the queue. Is this true and is it the same for powerchairs?

Last edited:
I’ve heard that scooters ain’t allowed in the queue. Is this true and is it th same for powerchairs?
Disappointing ... here's what it says under accessibility for Tron (from the WDW website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/tron-lightcycle-run/):

"Accessibility
Must Transfer to Wheelchair, Then to Ride Vehicle
Audio Description
Video Captioning"

Shortsighted on Disney's part. As a solo traveler who primarily uses an ECV at WDW, this would keep me from riding Tron due to the expected amount of walking/standing in queue.

It says nothing about power chairs, and I couldn't find any mention in reviews of Tron.

Last edited:
Disappointing ... here's what it says under accessibility for Tron (from the WDW website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/tron-lightcycle-run/):

"Accessibility
Must Transfer to Wheelchair, Then to Ride Vehicle
Audio Description
Video Captioning"

Shortsighted on Disney's part. As a solo traveler who primarily uses an ECV at WDW, this would keep me from riding Tron due to the expected amount of walking/standing in queue.

It says nothing about power chairs, and I couldn't find any mention in reviews of Tron.
Wouldn’t having a cm push you through be a reasonable ADA accommodation if there’s no way to do it yourself?

Wouldn’t having a cm push you through be a reasonable ADA accommodation if there’s no way to do it yourself?
I thought the CMs weren't allowed to do that? I believe I've seen that stated in past threads for similar situations (e.g., POTC). I know I have to park my ECV and walk through the POTC queue since I have no one to push me. So I plan accordingly and only do POTC when the wait is much shorter. But that won't work for TRON in its early months/years - the queue/wait will be too long.

When you rode TRON, did you happen to notice any signs about power chairs, or any people in power chairs actually going through the queue?

I thought the CMs weren't allowed to do that? I believe I've seen that stated in past threads for similar situations (e.g., POTC). I know I have to park my ECV and walk through the POTC queue since I have no one to push me. So I plan accordingly and only do POTC when the wait is much shorter. But that won't work for TRON in its early months/years - the queue/wait will be too long.

When you rode TRON, did you happen to notice any signs about power chairs, or any people in power chairs actually going through the queue?
I did not see any power chairs or signs about them. I was 1pm on March 4th. Each cm we asked said there was no das, but apparently there was (unrelated to question, but they definitely were in the process of figuring things out). I thought I took photos of all signs, and I don’t see anything in my camera roll.

I did not see any power chairs or signs about them. I was 1pm on March 4th. Each cm we asked said there was no das, but apparently there was (unrelated to question, but they definitely were in the process of figuring things out). I thought I took photos of all signs, and I don’t see anything in my camera roll.
In general, power chairs are treated the same as manuals wheelchairs. They have the same general ‘footprint’ and turning ability. There are some exceptions, but generally those are related to weight (less than 700 pounds combined chair + driver) or size (ie. chair with leg rests extended).
ECVs don’t have the same footprint and can’t turn as sharply to fit into smaller spaces.

DAS was used during the Guardians of the Galaxy Annual Pass and DVC previews. They were not using the Lightning Lane for that preview, so did use it for DAS. If TRON is using the LL for the preview entrance/wait, I don‘t think they would offer DAS. At least right now, the wait has been quite short for most of the preview reports I’ve seen.

Recent information I got from disability services is that a CM can push a wheelchair for Pirates if the guest has to leave their ECV and has no one to push an attraction wheelchair for them.
There may be a wait for a CM to get free or a time to return; may also need to ask for a lead

In general, power chairs are treated the same as manuals wheelchairs. They have the same general ‘footprint’ and turning ability. There are some exceptions, but generally those are related to weight (less than 700 pounds combined chair + driver) or size (ie. chair with leg rests extended).
ECVs don’t have the same footprint and can’t turn as sharply to fit into smaller spaces.

DAS was used during the Guardians of the Galaxy Annual Pass and DVC previews. They were not using the Lightning Lane for that preview, so did use it for DAS. If TRON is using the LL for the preview entrance/wait, I don‘t think they would offer DAS. At least right now, the wait has been quite short for most of the preview reports I’ve seen.
After I posted that I was told no DAS, other AP from the preview said there was. I’d have to find the posts.

ETA: here’s a post from the AP preview thread about someone using DAS for Tron
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tron-ap-preview-thread.3902518/post-64668712

Another post from the AP preview. It does sound like they are using a Lightning Lane for DAS

https://www.disboards.com/threads/tron-ap-preview-thread.3902518/post-64658783

Last edited:
After I posted that I was told no DAS, other AP from the preview said there was. I’d have to find the posts.

ETA: here’s a post from the AP preview thread about someone using DAS for Tron
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tron-ap-preview-thread.3902518/post-64668712

Another post from the AP preview. It does sound like they are using a Lightning Lane for DAS

https://www.disboards.com/threads/tron-ap-preview-thread.3902518/post-64658783

Yup - one of those posts was mine. I asked when we scanned into the area for our AP preview and was told to see the cast members at the bottom of the hill under the umbrella. Those cast members converted our preview to a DAS to use the Lightening Lane. Kind of like what they do with the virtual queues with DAS. From there, we were told to stay to the left side of the rope and walked all the way up to the scan point for the lightening lane and right into the room. It was very quick with the DAS.

I think for the Chariot seat as the cast members were calling it that we had to wait 1 extra cycle for the train with that seat on it to come in. It was quite roomy back there. A lot of space in front of me to where there is actually a little pouch (not that I used it since I had put my backpack and stuff into a locker already and my phone was in my pocket. I took a picture of my friends on the cycles in front of me, but you really can't tell how much space was between us in the picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter