Tron: post your experiences here regarding ride and Alternate Seating

In general, power chairs are treated the same as manuals wheelchairs. They have the same general ‘footprint’ and turning ability. There are some exceptions, but generally those are related to weight (less than 700 pounds combined chair + driver) or size (ie. chair with leg rests extended).
ECVs don’t have the same footprint and can’t turn as sharply to fit into smaller spaces.

DAS was used during the Guardians of the Galaxy Annual Pass and DVC previews. They were not using the Lightning Lane for that preview, so did use it for DAS. If TRON is using the LL for the preview entrance/wait, I don‘t think they would offer DAS. At least right now, the wait has been quite short for most of the preview reports I’ve seen.
I used my DAS for Tron preview on the 8th

I used my DAS for Tron preview on the 8th
So, handled the same as Guardians of the Galaxy.
I saw one video that looked like they were using LL for everyone for preview. It was a CM preview, do probably less people

So, handled the same as Guardians of the Galaxy.
I saw one video that looked like they were using LL for everyone for preview. It was a CM preview, do probably less people
yes they handle it the same way. I pulled up the das on my phone then they tapped my MB and I went up the ramp on the left side other went up the right side

Recent information I got from disability services is that a CM can push a wheelchair for Pirates if the guest has to leave their ECV and has no one to push an attraction wheelchair for them.
There may be a wait for a CM to get free or a time to return; may also need to ask for a lead
Thanks for doing the legwork on this one. I'll see if I can contact disability services once TRON has officially opened and get an answer how TRON will handle this (as well as power chairs).

Last edited:
yes they handle it the same way. I pulled up the das on my phone then they tapped my MB and I went up the ramp on the left side other went up the right side
I left out a phrase - same as thry handled the preview of Guardians of the Galaxy. We went to the DVC preview for that

I was planning to skip this ride because I don’t have the flexibility to manage the bike but the bench seat seems doable. Can someone comment on the intensity in a regular (bench) seated position? Rides that whip your head around/back are generally a no go for me but I rode test track a few years ago and was ok. Is it like that?

Just got back from a week at Disney. We got a Que for Tron soft opening. My friend who is on a larger size (XXL or XXXL) she did not have any issues at all getting on the motorcycle seat of the ride. The key is to place your knee on the knee (thingy) with your knees below the top. Your feet would be 90degrees from your lower leg. Then you pull the handle bars (there are 2 sets) towards you. This will tighten or secure you to the bike.

Just got back from a week at Disney. We got a Que for Tron soft opening. My friend who is on a larger size (XXL or XXXL) she did not have any issues at all getting on the motorcycle seat of the ride. The key is to place your knee on the knee (thingy) with your knees below the top. Your feet would be 90degrees from your lower leg. Then you pull the handle bars (there are 2 sets) towards you. This will tighten or secure you to the bike.
Correct. The CM had me pull my knees up/forward to get the safety bars to engage when I pulled the handles toward me.

So, I am short and I have thick calves. From what I have seen online in the videos with information on fitting in the Tron cycles, it is the leg measurements that cause trouble to fit and/or get the leg restraint bar to lock. Does anyone know how long or short the thigh (upper leg) can be to fit in the cycle? In the alternative, does anyone know how thick the calf (lower leg) can be to let the restraint bar through to get to the back of your knee?

Wanted to add a few things from a related thread on the DIS. That thread focuses on larger sized guests, but there's discussion of other reasons as well that could prevent guests from riding on the bike vehicles.

From an article posted on the DIS two days ago:

"There was a line of people waiting for the “bench seat.” As of this writing, only two trains have this particular seat. I’m told they plan for all the trains to be outfitted soon. I’m not sure if this was always in the plans or decided now that they see how many people need it."

And for anyone who wants to see more about the bench seats vs bike seats, here's a video posted today.

Rode it 2 days ago and absolutely love this ride. The bench seat line was fast. Only 2 people waiting. They were very good at handling our request of keeping our party on the same train. It moved quickly and they were very efficient.

I was planning to skip this ride because I don’t have the flexibility to manage the bike but the bench seat seems doable. Can someone comment on the intensity in a regular (bench) seated position? Rides that whip your head around/back are generally a no go for me but I rode test track a few years ago and was ok. Is it like that?

Rode twice a couple weeks ago on bench seat. Both times there was only one party in front of us.

Don’t blink ride is short. I’d say very family friendly. Concept of RnR but doesn’t go upside down. Bench seat is smooth and MUCH less jerky than than Test Track.

How would you rate the intensity on a scale from Test Track to RnR? Specifically in terms of your head/neck getting whipped around.

How would you rate the intensity on a scale from Test Track to RnR? Specifically in terms of your head/neck getting whipped around.
I'm always aware because DS has had C1-2 Spinal Fusion. I think it is much more smooth than either TT or RnR.

TT has hard stops and is jerky back and forth - TRON has none of that.

RnR has a G Force of 5 that I think you feel every bit of it, especially going upside down. Back seat is rough.

TRON has a G Force of 4 supposedly but I didn't feel that and it's all smooth. Back seat wasn't anything like back seat on RnR.

The ride is good but it's not a high thrill ride like I expected.

Now that the ride has been open for a while, do we know whether smaller ECVs like Pride Go-Go 3-wheel can go into the cue?

It's definitely a real fun ride and really the only "intensity" is the speed of it, no dips etc. I also find that it is way to short, the actual ride from when it starts to stopping is just 1 minute:( It's a very smooth ride, I rather like bumpier/jerky rides, that's why I am not a big fan of SDMR.
So, I am short and I have thick calves. From what I have seen online in the videos with information on fitting in the Tron cycles, it is the leg measurements that cause trouble to fit and/or get the leg restraint bar to lock. Does anyone know how long or short the thigh (upper leg) can be to fit in the cycle? In the alternative, does anyone know how thick the calf (lower leg) can be to let the restraint bar through to get to the back of your knee?
Not sure of size, but if you do try it, make sure you push your feet all the back against the back frame.

I did find this online. "If your calves are bigger than 19 inches at the largest part, go ahead and use the back tire position while being locked in"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter