• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical attire...Would this be too weird/dorky?

Originally posted by DreaminDisney
I just checked out hilohatties.com and I love the Blue Hawaii print! What a GREAT idea! They had matching shirts for the Men and Boys and cute matching dresses (same print) for Mom's and daughters:)

The Blue Hawaii print was one of my favorites, too.:cool:

This is not wierd or unusual. The night before our cruise we stayed at AKL. There was a family in the lobby that evening all dressed alike. There must have been at least 20 in the family ranging from toddlers to 70's (i'm guessing). The men and boys all had on that blue surfing themed Mickey camp shirt and the women and girls had matching sun dresses.

OK....should I put girls in one color and boys in another....OR
......should everybody be in the same print......

any opinions would be helpful...

I think it would be cuter to put the guys in one color and the girls in another but ones that complement each other -for example guys in a blue print with orange designs and the girls in orange print with blue designs. That way you all belong together but don't look like there was a huge sale on only one type of material. We saw a family that did this mom and one daughter matching and dad and three sons in complementary matching and they looked adorable!

Sort of what I was thinking....6 of us in the same color might not look as good in Pics.....But if we had maybe the same print in different colors it would work better... sort of like tstobb did....

What a fun thread! The original post was written with concern that it would be too dorky, and here we all are, saying go for it and many of us have done it! Hilo Hatties, which DW and I discovered on our Hawaiian honeymoon, has a great website and great items--the only caution is that not every pattern is available in all styles, and some patterns are in one dress style but not another, so we had to maneuver aroudn awhile until DW, myself, and DS (6) could all match. And it doesn't look dorky in the photos--it is a photo to treasure for a lifetime--nothing says fun more than a bright colorful hilo hatties outfit.

Hi Kangaroodle!
It's me, Bonnie. This post made me laugh because if you are concerned about looking dorky for dressing the same on Tropical night, I wonder what you'll think when you see my 3 girls, who will probably be dressed the same every day of the cruise! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter