Trying to decide on a Father's Day gift for DH

No offense because you seem like a nice person and your heart is in the right place, but to me Father’s Day is about the relationship between a child and their father, not a wife and her husband. I would say to save the idea of a cruise as a gift for your anniversary or his birthday. If you feel the need to get him anything (really, you don’t have to because he’s not your father!) then I would help your step kids with a gift idea or plan something that he can spend time with the kids.
I do understand that it’s a holiday celebrating father’s and my husband is a great father to his kids and I think that should be celebrated by everyone that loves him. This isn’t my first father’s day with him, I’ve gotten gifts for him in the past and he liked getting them. He’d actually find it odd if I didn’t get him something

I do understand that it’s a holiday celebrating father’s and my husband is a great father to his kids and I think that should be celebrated by everyone that loves him. This isn’t my first father’s day with him, I’ve gotten gifts for him in the past and he liked getting them. He’d actually find it odd if I didn’t get him something
You obviously know your relationship best! If it were me, personally, I would still try to focus on the relationship with the kids. But my DH and I rarely exchange gifts for anything other than birthdays so the idea of me giving him something for Father's Day from me and not the kids is completely foreign! Lol!

You obviously know your relationship best! If it were me, personally, I would still try to focus on the relationship with the kids. But my DH and I rarely exchange gifts for anything other than birthdays so the idea of me giving him something for Father's Day from me and not the kids is completely foreign! Lol!
For sure, I think I’m leaning towards a weekend trip with the kids to Disney. We exchange gifts for everything lol, maybe when we’ve been married a while that’ll change although I like surprising him with stuff. The kids got him gifts too so he’s not only getting a gift from me. And I arranged the brunch with his parents and paying for everyone

For sure, I think I’m leaning towards a weekend trip with the kids to Disney. We exchange gifts for everything lol, maybe when we’ve been married a while that’ll change although I like surprising him with stuff. The kids got him gifts too so he’s not only getting a gift from me. And I arranged the brunch with his parents and paying for everyone
A weekend at Disney sounds super fun! :) Well we have been married for 14 years next week, but also I would say I'm frugal and my DH is just cheap (and proud of it!) LOL! If I got him a gift for other occasions, he would complain about me spending the money! 🤣

A weekend at Disney sounds super fun! :) Well we have been married for 14 years next week, but also I would say I'm frugal and my DH is just cheap (and proud of it!) LOL! If I got him a gift for other occasions, he would complain about me spending the money! 🤣
Congrats on the 14 years that’s awesome! We just made 7 months lol (of marriage). I’m trying to learn to budget, I’m not very good at it. But my crazy spending is really only for gifts and vacations, day to day I’m pretty frugal.

Congrats on the 14 years that’s awesome! We just made 7 months lol (of marriage). I’m trying to learn to budget, I’m not very good at it. But my crazy spending is really only for gifts and vacations, day to day I’m pretty frugal.
I like to splurge on trips too! My challenge is just to get them as cheap as possible so I can get DH to agree! :)

Just curious, did you go with the cruise, the disney world trip or something else? Hope you have an amazing time whatever you picked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter