TSA and sunblock question

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
How do you travel with sunblock if they can't be over 3.4 oz? I have to buy enough for two of us to bring on our cruise. I don't think we can bring two 2 big bottles on the plane, so how do you pack enough and still comply with TSA?

You would have to pack the bottles in your checked luggage if over 3.4oz.

We always have one small bottle that is under 3.4 oz in our carry on and then pack the rest in checked bags. Although this is for WDW where magical express wouldn't give us back our checked bags until after we were already in the park for the day. If your picking up your bags yourself you may not even need the little bottle.

You would have to pack the bottles in your checked luggage if over 3.4oz.
Oh, I didn't think you could bring anything bigger than 3.4oz at all no matter carry on or checked. Thank you.

We always have one small bottle that is under 3.4 oz in our carry on and then pack the rest in checked bags. Although this is for WDW where magical express wouldn't give us back our checked bags until after we were already in the park for the day. If your picking up your bags yourself you may not even need the little bottle.
That's a bummer..We'll be getting on a cruise with our luggage, so now I know we can pack bigger bottles in our checked luggage.

Oh, I didn't think you could bring anything bigger than 3.4oz at all no matter carry on or checked. Thank you.

The 3.4oz size is just for liquids in carry on luggage. You can place as many 3.4oz bottles that will fit into a single 1 quart zip lock bag per person.

There are no size restrictions for liquids place in checked luggage.

The 3.4oz size is just for liquids in carry on luggage. You can place as many 3.4oz bottles that will fit into a single 1 quart zip lock bag per person.

There are no size restrictions for liquids place in checked luggage.

Thank you so much for the clarification.

Thank you so much for the clarification.

What I have always recommended to people is this:

Pretend your luggage is going to get lost and you don't get it back until day two of your trip (if your cruising same morning your flying have insurance that covers your bags being lost as this is a different scope of problem then if your in a stationary hotel not very far from the airport).

Pack in your 1 qt zip lock bag travel versions of anything you need in that time. For DH and I we only need one bag with sunscreen, toothpaste, a little bottle of lotion, and a little hair gel or mousse for me. Shampoo and conditioner are generally supplied by hotels as is some type of body wash or bar, we can deal with those for one night.

In your normal checked luggage put everything else. Full size bottles of your favorite toiletries are fine there (although do keep in mind what may leak when they start throwing bags around)

BTW that same rule goes for everything else in your carry on luggage. Recommend one outfit and anything you couldn't go 24 hours at your destination without be in carry ons.

What I have always recommended to people is this:

Pretend your luggage is going to get lost and you don't get it back until day two of your trip (if your cruising same morning your flying have insurance that covers your bags being lost as this is a different scope of problem then if your in a stationary hotel not very far from the airport).

Pack in your 1 qt zip lock bag travel versions of anything you need in that time. For DH and I we only need one bag with sunscreen, toothpaste, a little bottle of lotion, and a little hair gel or mousse for me. Shampoo and conditioner are generally supplied by hotels as is some type of body wash or bar, we can deal with those for one night.

In your normal checked luggage put everything else. Full size bottles of your favorite toiletries are fine there (although do keep in mind what may leak when they start throwing bags around)

BTW that same rule goes for everything else in your carry on luggage. Recommend one outfit and anything you couldn't go 24 hours at your destination without be in carry ons.

Excellent advice :)

Yep. DH needs very little in his baggie, so I will throw my shampoo/conditioner in there (my hair is needy LOL, though if we're on DCL I can use their H2O products and don't need the shampoo/conditioner) with mascara.

Then I might fill a whole baggie with sunscreen.

Here is a non-stuffed bag with various 3.4 oz (aka 100 mL) containers in it. I bought the tall ones from Safeway's travel section (that's a grocery store here if you don't have it). The blue one is a Toobz container. The other is obvious. All could have sunscreen in them. And then I would toss lipgloss, mascara, and other small things into it. Good to go. Put full containers in my checked bag (in ziptop bags of course!) and it's all even better.

photo_zpsef81db5b.jpg

The Legos to the right of the baggie look weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter