TSM closing temporarily?

Two years ago they closed TSMM for a day in March. It was a last minute thing, and I think it was for some work with the 3rd track. They sent us an email that our TSMM FP had been rebooked to RNRC. Luckily, DS and DH wanted to ride that anyway. If they don't know ahead exactly when or how long it will be closed, then some FPs may get switched to RNRC.

I posted in another thread that this morning, I was able to get a FP+ for TSMM on 4/3 & 4/7. When I tried one on 4/8 & 4/9, it said no FP+ available. April 9 is my last day, so don't know about availability past the 9th.

Hopefully they will announce soon... for us if closed it really rules out that part as kids cant really ride much else due to height

I've just managed to book TSM for 4/8... he said that they haven't had official word of closure dates yet, so might be worth trying again!

Reactions: rlk

I've just managed to book TSM for 4/8... he said that they haven't had official word of closure dates yet, so might be worth trying again!
Thanks, I may go an check again. I made my fast pass selections yesterday and got the "no available fp for the April 8th & 9th.

We are doing a VIP tour, so I was able to call DSS, the CM checked and said TSMM FP+ is now showing availability for 4/8, but not for 4/9.

Aargh! We arrive on April 8th on a flight arriving at 7 pm. Thanks for the info.

We booked in April since that's my son's spring break. It was disappointing enough to miss toy story land opening. Oh well, stuff may change. We will skip HS if toy story is not available because there's not really anything else for my 4 year old. (I don't want to just do shows).

Two years ago they closed TSMM for a day in March. It was a last minute thing, and I think it was for some work with the 3rd track. They sent us an email that our TSMM FP had been rebooked to RNRC. Luckily, DS and DH wanted to ride that anyway. If they don't know ahead exactly when or how long it will be closed, then some FPs may get switched to RNRC.

I would not be happy. I would expect a Multiple Experiences FastPass like they give when a ride breaks down so I can pick my own ride.

We are doing a VIP tour, so I was able to call DSS, the CM checked and said TSMM FP+ is now showing availability for 4/8, but not for 4/9.
Makes sense. The 8th is the last day of the post-Easter week/weekend. Monday is the 9th. Gives them a month or so to take it off and work out any kinks.

I would not be happy. I would expect a Multiple Experiences FastPass like they give when a ride breaks down so I can pick my own ride.

It ended up working out. DH and DS were going to ride RNRC anyway, so they rode it multiple times. Plus, we were pixie dusted with several any ride FP+ by someone who heard about what happened. We got to ride TSMM on a subsequent day 3 times. Also, there's really not much to use an FP+ on at DHS:(

Glad it worked out for you. TSMM is the only ride remaining at HS that I even like, so if it's closed during my visit in mid-April, then it looks like my visit to HS will be just for lunch at Sci Fi.

When they change it for you, you're still able to go in and modify it to whatever you'd like just like any other FP. But of course, that is pending availability. When the closing of GMR was announced many people already had FP booked for it after the closure and they did the same thing then.

Just found this thread and I am so bummed our HS day is 5/3, from what I am reading it is looking like TSM will most likely be closed correct?

FYI-I was not able to book a FP for TSMM on 5/2 it looked like it was unavailable that whole week, but the CM said that could change and to check back

Even without TSMM, the park has 3 rides, 2 shows, and 2 walkthroughs. I believe that Animal Kingdom Park opened with 3 rides (if you include the train), 2 shows, and 2 walkthroughs.

5 shows at least - BatB, Little Mermaid, Disney Jr, Star Wars Stage show, and Frozen sing along

Plus things like the Citizens of Hollywood, First Order March, etc.

Last time we were there we spent a full day there and didn't even get to some things we wanted didn't do either Little Mermaid or BatB, did ride Rock n roller coaster, etc.)

For whatever it's worth, we were at TSM on Monday. The lines were loooong (even fast pass) and the nice CM and I were chatting while we waited.
He said that TSM wasn't going to shut down completely, but they would be down to one track in April and May and they wouldn't have any fastpasses, just one (very long!) standby line.

FYI-I was not able to book a FP for TSMM on 5/2 it looked like it was unavailable that whole week, but the CM said that could change and to check back

For whatever it's worth, we were at TSM on Monday. The lines were loooong (even fast pass) and the nice CM and I were chatting while we waited.
He said that TSM wasn't going to shut down completely, but they would be down to one track in April and May and they wouldn't have any fastpasses, just one (very long!) standby line.

:sad::scared: I'll be there 5/4. Thanks for the info.

This is why I'm not going back to MGM until TSL opens (or AP Previews).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter