TSM closing temporarily?

For whatever it's worth, we were at TSM on Monday. The lines were loooong (even fast pass) and the nice CM and I were chatting while we waited.
He said that TSM wasn't going to shut down completely, but they would be down to one track in April and May and they wouldn't have any fastpasses, just one (very long!) standby line.

We'll be there 4/30, and while I'm not DYING to ride TSM, my parents have not been to the World in almost 11 years, so I was hoping they'd get a spin. But if there are no FPs for it, I guess we'll do the RNRC instead. No way am I making them wait in stand-by. It's a fun ride, but not worth a long wait for.

This sounds awful. I'm going to be there the afternoon of 4/15 for my son's first visit. He really wanted to go on that ride but I can't stomach a 75 min wait....

For whatever it's worth, we were at TSM on Monday. The lines were loooong (even fast pass) and the nice CM and I were chatting while we waited.
He said that TSM wasn't going to shut down completely, but they would be down to one track in April and May and they wouldn't have any fastpasses, just one (very long!) standby line.

That sounds horrible and if it’s open my kids are really going to want to do it. Our day is 4/30.

Rope drop would be your friend then.

Welcome back TSMM morning stampede.

Maybe we can hit it at closing when everyone is at Fantasmic or fireworks.

Last edited:
That sounds horrible and if it’s open my kids are really going to want to do it. Our day is 4/30.

Welcome back TSMM morning stampede.

Maybe we can hit it at closing when everyone is at Fantasmic or fireworks.
The only way I see this as potentially not being awful is if Toy Story Land soft-opens at the same time, just with only one track on the new entrance side while they move the other two queues over... Then you could potentially have a split between Slinky Dog and Midway Mania that would reduce the wait times a bit... But I doubt that will happen.

Ugh, we were planning to do Jedi Training sign up at rope drop so I’m guessing by the time we’d make it over to TSMM the wait will be crazy:(

Yikes Will be waiting to see if this CM know what they were talking about.....

This is what the cast member told us over the weekend too. We were just talking to one another about them closing down the 3rd track and how it was open in December....blah blah. And the castmember told us just wait until April/May. There will be no fastpass just standby. So I don't think they will be closing the whole thing down. But it will be standby only!!!

This is what the cast member told us over the weekend too. We were just talking to one another about them closing down the 3rd track and how it was open in December....blah blah. And the castmember told us just wait until April/May. There will be no fastpass just standby. So I don't think they will be closing the whole thing down. But it will be standby only!!!
Oh man, now I might have to go! We'll just have to rope drop TSMM. I was pretty bummed about missing Fantasmic anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter