Tubbi's (Dolphin) Krispy Kremes question

I live in Havelock, NC and Krispy Kreams are all over (well the next town). They're best put in the microwave for 8 seconds. Be careful because I think they add an addictive ingredent. ENJOY!

Joanne,

I see that you are from Cape Cod. They are opening a Krispy Kreme shop in my hometown of Medford, MA (just a few miles north of Boston) in April (or thereabouts). I know it's a bit of a hike from the Cape, but if you are ever heading north of Boston, you can get a hot Krispy Kreme after April.

Yes, hot Krispy Kreme's are better than room temperature Krispy Kreme's, but a room temperature Krispy Kreme is better than no Krispy Kreme. So, get up early and get them while you are down there.

Oh, and here are a couple of tips for those of you who don't live near Krispy Kremes but visit a store in another city and want to bring them home. They freeze well--I bring them home from New York City whenever I go--at least two dozen of them. If you nuke them in the microwave for 10 seconds (longer if they are frozen), it's almost as good as getting a hot one from the store.

There is nothing quite like a hot and dripping Krispy Kreme original glazed.

Karen

I live near Charleston, SC where there has always been a KK for as long as I can remember. However, my family was always partial to Dunkin Donuts, so I never had a "hot" one until recently. I think of all the years I wasted.

One word of KK caution - around here, schools sell KK donuts as a fund raiser. There is no comparison to those donuts and the ones you can get in the case, let alone to a hot, fresh donut. They are very heavily glazed and nothing light or fresh about them.

From 1978 - 2002, I drove by the store thinking - EEEWWW Krispy Kreme Donuts, those are so nasty. Little did I know. Now I have to make a special trip and see if the "Hot Donuts Now" sign is lit whenever I'm actually in Charleston.

I live in NC, we have had KK for as long as I can remember. I agree they are addictive, I love the chocolate iced glazed. My advice is to look up Krispy Kreme on the web and drive to one of their locations. They have a wide variety of selections, creme filled, jelly filled, lemon filled, powdered, glazed, chocolate, cinnamon, cake and they always have something new they're trying. Our store is open really late, it's not hard to find a time when the HOT sign is on. Call the location, they can tell you. They also have great coffee there, they sell bags of it. And of course they have milk, there's nothing like ice cold milk and a KK.

I love these KK posts. ... They've started my day off with a smile. Also being from the deep south like the last few posters, I grew up taking the "hot & fresh" sign for granted... Yes, these doughnuts really are everywhere down here... In fact there is a man who comes into our pet store once a week just like clockwork selling them for his church. This post has made me remember to be thankful for the small things.

Fantasia 73, RI is definitely getting a KK, check out near the Burger King below Garden City in Cranston!! I believe that their date for opening is Spring 2003. They had a truck there for a few days when they broke ground in Dec.it was selling donuts and backed up traffic onto the highway!Joan:Pinkbounc

I was at the S/D for week over new years and never found them out of KK at tubbi's. I stopped in there as early as 8am and as late as 10am and always got my donut :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter