• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House is now 2 dining credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneydad1000

Mouseketeer
If you are going to book Tusker House for lunch or dinner it is now 2 dining credits..breakfast is still 1 credit. All this applies to the people who have the regular dining plan and deluxe plan..those who have the premium and platinum plan are still only 1 credit. We are going there in august I'm hoping since we booked b4 this was announced we should have a grandfather clause..If all character dining goes to 2 credits I really hope the food improves!!

If you are going to book Tusker House for lunch or dinner it is now 2 dining credits..breakfast is still 1 credit. All this applies to the people who have the regular dining plan and deluxe plan..those who have the premium and platinum plan are still only 1 credit. We are going there in august I'm hoping since we booked b4 this was announced we should have a grandfather clause..If all character dining goes to 2 credits I really hope the food improves!!

Where was this announced? When Jungle Book dinning packages came out they said it was 1 credit for all meals.

I bet this has to do with the fact that tusker house is a dining package for the jungle book show and eventually rivers of light. I am surprised though that it would be two credits without the dining package. Are we positive this just isn't a website glitch? It's funny too that the 2017 deluxe plan shows it as one credit and not two.

I bet this has to do with the fact that tusker house is a dining package for the jungle book show and eventually rivers of light. I am surprised though that it would be two credits without the dining package. Are we positive this just isn't a website glitch? It's funny too that the 2017 deluxe plan shows it as one credit and not two.
I hope that it is a glitch but highly doubt it.

On another forum they're saying this has happened for TH, Akershus and,

Wait for it,

Chef Mickey.

TH and Akershus I can almost understand, either because of the dining package or because of the Frozen fever. But CMs??

Just reinforces my opinion that Disney's dining plans are a rip off.
Until now I would say if you are going to do a lot of character meals and Disney buffets then yes the dining plan could be a deal but now that they are two credits no way Jose.

Wow, that's unbelievable. They've turned the dining plan from a bargain to a total rip-off. So if you figure the DDP is $64 per person per day, and say you get $25 worth of food from a QS meal (a stretch), and $5 for your snack, that means Tusker House, Akershus and Chef Mickey's will now cost you $68 to eat at on the dining plan - and "only" $40 - 45 if you pay cash.

It's time for people to stop accepting these screw jobs from Disney - be aware of costs and STOP purchasing the dining plan!

What people are willing to pay for these things is becoming embarrassing.

And to @disneydad1000 that hopes they were grandfathered in - sorry, you aren't. Time to use those dining credits elsewhere.

I just went on Disney Mom's Panel and said we had booked Tusker months ago at our 180 day mark and I was wondering if they are honoring my reservation with 1 credit or are they going to charge us 2 ..if 2 NO WAY!! Just hoping they respond, I called disney earlier but was on hold for 30 minutes could not wait anymore.

We would never buy the dining plan ..we always go at the end of summer (my wife is a teacher and school doesn't start til after Labor Day)when free dining was offered so it worked out ok for us. We always did bounce back..the discount at the moderates cost more than the free dining so we always just did free dining..NO MORE after this year.

I'm on chat right now with a CM - only one of my meals is currently affected as my other meals still fall in the 'correct' meal of the day for 1 credit. My confirmation page still states one credit though.

I know they say on the guidelines they have the right to change things... but mid-year - that is not satisfactory! They should leave the plan the same until the following year - unless there is a fire and the place burns down or something similar!

Don't trust what the mom's panel says. Disney themselves says their "advice" may not be accurate.

Also subject to change does mean subject to change so yes while it sucks for us they can do what they want the consumer will have to decide if that new price is worth it.

Wow, that's unbelievable. They've turned the dining plan from a bargain to a total rip-off. So if you figure the DDP is $64 per person per day, and say you get $25 worth of food from a QS meal (a stretch), and $5 for your snack, that means Tusker House, Akershus and Chef Mickey's will now cost you $68 to eat at on the dining plan - and "only" $40 - 45 if you pay cash.

It's time for people to stop accepting these screw jobs from Disney - be aware of costs and STOP purchasing the dining plan!

What people are willing to pay for these things is becoming embarrassing.

And to @disneydad1000 that hopes they were grandfathered in - sorry, you aren't. Time to use those dining credits elsewhere.
Just got off the phone with Disney, we will only be charged 1 credit for our lunch.:dancer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter