TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

Hawaii 5-0 -son and I used to watch. Just stupid now.

Enjoy watching the older shows- Burns and Allen, Hazel, Leave it to Beaver, Diagnosis Murder....

The Practice - used to be my favorite show during the years it was on. Then the creator, David E. Kelley got weird, decided he wanted to create the spin-off, Boston Legal instead, so he butchered The Practice during the last season, firing Dillon McDermott, (the LEAD!) and another 2 actresses on the show, massacring the law firm the show was about, just to make way for James Spader's role for the spinoff. :sad2: If Kelley wanted to create a spin-off, fine. But, don't butcher a long-running, fantastic show to do it. End it with the grace & dignity it deserved.

Other shows:
I'm another one for Grey's Anatomy. It got too highly overly-dramatic with neurotic characters all the time. I avoid people that are overly-dramatic in real life, so why would I sacrifice an hour of my time to that each week?

Desperate Housewives - Same became overly dramatic. Left when they made the jump forward in time. That was a signal, even they knew they were in trouble.

Ghost Whisperer - they killed off the husband, which was so sad. Then several episodes later brought him back . . . in another human's body. Only no none was supposed to know or remember it happened - except we audience did. :rolleyes: So the writers emotionally jerked us around for no good reason. :sad2: The whole storyline was the "jumping the shark" moment of the show.

The Blacklist - watched for the first 2 seasons. But, once her BF - or was it her DH(?) got weird, it was time to call it quits on the show.

Person of Interest - I binge watched it, so seeing the changes in the show during a condensed time period only magnified how bad the show was getting. The first 2 1/2 seasons were great. But, then Jim Caviezel wanted more time off the show. It was evident. But. . . he's the LEAD. He also had chronic back & body pains (from being crucified) during "The Passion of the Christ," so he could no longer do all the physical stunts his character required. Taraji P. Henson left the show, they brought in two new women to fill in the airtime for Caviezel & Henson. The concept of the show got really bizarre and the show went on a quick decline by the middle of Season 3.

Last edited:
Criminal Minds,- the crazy guys kills a few people and right when he in the middle of kill the team gets there and stops it

The Goldbergs - It has so jumped the shark, its just stupid

and I hate to say this but Greys Ananymity is finally getting there fr me, sometimes Meredith looks so old and she got all these great looking young guys all wanting her, the show always centered around the love life also, but it seems that all it is now

This Is Us. It got too depressing to watch.
Grey's Anatomy. Once they killed off McDreamy and didn't even give him a good sendoff, I got bitter and won't watch anything else by Shonda Rhimes.
The Walking Dead. I was sad when they killed off Glenn, he was my favorite, but that didn't stop me from watching it. It got old, and I got sick of the waste of time that started happening every episode - the minutes of watching a hoard of zombies walk down the road. We get it. And it got to be just ridiculous.
Big Bang Theory. I just don't like it any more, they should have ended a couple seasons ago.
Shameless is on it's last leg with me. Fiona's cocky attitude is really ruining the show for me, and Debbie annoys the crap out of me. I wanna see Jimmy Steve, that's the only reason I'm watching. Really hate Katey Sagal being on it, too. Bring back Sheila!

how could i forget suits, I have no dieal who anyone is 'lets get k hill" and it also jumped the shark on just being silly

I was pretty done with it until Adams and Markle left. I think it got much better without them. The story lines around those two got stale and Mike's character was so predictable and whiny by the end. So far the updated cast and shift in focus has been better than the last few years with those two.

I still love This is Us...
Once upon a Time...:rotfl: that show was so lame and repetitive.... but the whole Disney theme was entertaining so my sis and I used to watch and laugh about all the stupid storylines- but it got so bad that we eventually quit even that....(how many times can they recycle the same lines???)
Manifest- boooooring
Big Bang Theory started losing me when they had a baby that was never there,it's creepy.
SVU stopped making sense quite a while ago(IMHO)
Modern Family stopped being funny when the kids grew up,years ago.
I wish I had given up on Lost rather than that bitter disappointing end....

Person of Interest - I binge watched it, so seeing the changes in the show during a condensed time period only magnified how bad the show was getting. The first 2 1/2 seasons were great. But, then Jim Caviezel wanted more time off the show. It was evident. But. . . he's the LEAD. He also had chronic back & body pains (from being crucified) during "The Passion of the Christ," so he could no longer do all the physical stunts his character required. Taraji P. Henson left the show, they brought in two new women to fill in the airtime for Caviezel & Henson. The concept of the show got really bizarre and the show went on a quick decline by the middle of Season 3.

Agree! I didn't like when they killed off Henson's character. Shaw was fine, but Root, she should have stayed a recurring character! Then when they brought Samaritan online, ugh....seriously, Harold, you're a computer guy, there is no way stomping on a hard drive is going to destroy it!

If they ever bring it back as a revival, they need to start where Season 2 ended and have Seasons 3 to 5 be a simulation.

I watched This is Us from the beginning, but after the first season, I just lost interest. Anyone else?

Man in the High Castle. There was only ever one storyline we remotely understood. The rest of it was just too bizarre and hard to follow, let alone needing captioning to hear the dialogue. I'm sure we sounded like movie night at a nursing home: "What did he just say??" "Who is that??" We just gave up!

This Is Us. It got too depressing to watch.
Grey's Anatomy. Once they killed off McDreamy and didn't even give him a good sendoff, I got bitter and won't watch anything else by Shonda Rhimes.
The Walking Dead. I was sad when they killed off Glenn, he was my favorite, but that didn't stop me from watching it. It got old, and I got sick of the waste of time that started happening every episode - the minutes of watching a hoard of zombies walk down the road. We get it. And it got to be just ridiculous.
Big Bang Theory. I just don't like it any more, they should have ended a couple seasons ago.
Shameless is on it's last leg with me. Fiona's cocky attitude is really ruining the show for me, and Debbie annoys the crap out of me. I wanna see Jimmy Steve, that's the only reason I'm watching. Really hate Katey Sagal being on it, too. Bring back Sheila!

haha, I too have wondered what became of Jimmy/Steve. Sheila was great!

I watched This is Us from the beginning, but after the first season, I just lost interest. Anyone else?

I, too, have lost interest in This Is Us. I have some episodes recorded, but I just don’t have any interest in watching them.

I agree with Blindspot, Used to wait for it each week, but not interested anymore
This won't be popular with most people, but Ellen's daytime show. I just get tired of hearing the screaming masses all through the show. I love Ellen, but it's getting old.
There are few shows I keep up with now. I like Bosch on Amazon prime.

OITNB - forgot about that one. The first couple of seasons were so good, and it has tanked big time! I have to keep watching it though with the hopes of it getting better.
Weeds. Loved the first few seasons, but it got bad, I couldn't finish. Anyone know what happened?! lol

***spoilers!***

The Walking Dead. It just got weird.

This is Us. They were having problems in their marriage (on the show) about the same time I was and it was uncomfortable to watch.

Supernatural. I still like the show, but the two brothers have had so many ups and downs with their characters that they are both anti-heroes and I lost interest in following their character development anymore. Plus, there's too much other drama going on with angels and demons and past characters that have died but aren't really dead. The dynamic between the brothers and their dad is what made the show good. Then they removed dad and the show was still good because of the chemistry between Dean and Sam. Now there's too much to follow and it's not so good.

Vampire Diaries. It got weird. You just can't remove the main character and continue on as if nothing happened! Plus, the vampires aren't sympathetic characters so when everyone became vampires or supernatural in some way it lost that human connection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter