Two deaths in ONE day at WDW?

How very sad. I will have to say an extra prayer for everyone involved. A few years ago someone told me that I saved her life because I offered to help her with her young son during a depression that she was going through a year before. You never know how you can effect someone with just a simple act.

We were sitting in Chef Mickey's at that time wondering why the monorail wasn't running. Assumed it was weather related.

DD and I were sitting on the dock at GF about an hour before they found that other body, also.

Its all a little spooky from my viewpoint.

Sorry, just rambling......

A bunch of years ago at a sporting event, 20,000 people filled the stadium. One poor fella had a heart attack and died. I recall dh saying that 20,000 is the population of a lot of towns and that it's not uncommon for a person to have a heart attack in a town of 20,000 people. On a bigger scale than that, look at the millions of people who visit Disney, I guess there are going to be deaths. I'm surprised we don't hear about a few births too!

We were in WDW when the recent deaths occured. I didn't hear anything about them until I got home to Canada. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at the time. In hind sight thou, there were two incidents that stick out in my mind.

(1) On Monday night, after the deaths at WDW last week, we were waiting on the monorail platform after Spectro Magic and Fantasy in the Sky and a patron yelled, "Security, Security!" I thought someone might have fainted. CM's came runnning and whatever it was, was over immediately. The monorail service was fine, so I don't know what happened.

(2) We were sitting at the Main Street USA Rail Road platform waiting for the 3pm parade at MK. A security fella was standing behind me chatting on a radio in a very serious manner. I didn't pay attention to what was said until he was right at my ear. Seems he was watching a person on Main Street. He was concerned about someone and said, "I think he's definately up to something." And took off down the steps. It sparked questions in my 8 year old. Haven't heard of anything so I guess it's okay.

Sad things must happen like this all the time. I am sorry for the families and for all the CM's and vacationing families that knew about these events as they unfolded. It must have been like a slap in the face of reality in a place build on fantasy, magic and dreams. Sandra

Its always a tragedy when a young person dies. Hopefully he has found the peace he was seeking and his family will be able to keep the guilt at bay. One person made this decision and since he is gone, I don't think anyone will ever know the real reasons "why?" Hug your loved ones today!

I find it ridiculous that anyone would even try to point the finger at the Disney company for this tragedy. While this particular individual was a WDW cast member, there is a much larger and more personal issue to blame.

Unfortunately this was a suicide. Personal family problems mentioned in a note in his car was the cause, not his job at WDW. I'm not going to discuss this further, as I don't believe that this is the appropriate venue to air laundry about an event of this nature. I just hope this appeases those that can't go on without knowing everything.

I would also like to use this post as an oppurtunity to say that in our information hungry nature, there is a line that must be drawn. I feel as though simple respects should be paid, and no further discussion is needed about this topic. Again, not to insult anyone, just as a matter of respect for not only the gentleman, but also his family.

Regretful,
Josh
joshuagithens@hotmail.com

Distriv, to answer your question, the man whose body was found in the Lagoon had been staying with his family at the Poly, where his wife went after the argument... he was at the Grand Floridian, where they had eaten dinner. That is what the mix up was with the 2 resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter