U 2 hot to trot, or walk, or ride rides or...?

Okay, on with the plans...

I have not been able to get a photo of DD#1's carry on we bought her. I really want you all to see it. It exemplifies DD's personality.

Today I was to spend the morning confirming all ressies. Since the Limo company sent DH an email confirmation of details and CC approval Saturday, I won't bother to confirm that. So, I started with the car ressie. If you recall this is the one that I booked through Mousesavers/undercover tourist. I was not able to confirm online or through Alamo due to having used a travel agent. So, I called UT. The woman I spoke with was wonderful. As she was confirming everything I realized something. Remember when I was all excited because we changed our flights to earlier in the day? Well, apparently I was so excited I forgot to change our car rental. So, it stood at us arriving in MCO apprx 5 hours prior to our car rental reservation. NOT GOOD! IF i'm IN FLA I want to be on Disney property ASAP. So, the kind woman checked availability of picking up the rental car 4 hours early. She warned me there may not be availability this close to the date. But, she found it. Then warned me the cost may go up. In my head, I was thinking oh sure, the first warning was to prepare me that since I was lucky enough that they had one available, I WAS going to pay extra for it. I held my breath as she checked how much extra. NOTHING! YES that is right no extra cost picking up my rental car 4 hours early!!! It was pouring pixie dust at my house today! As I hung up, I was thinking how could that be? How could we be so fortunate that that went so smoothly? hmm... then I was rethinking a question she had asked me. "Is your return time changing" she asked. I thought for a second, then responded. "no, I think we are all set there". But, now as I think of how fortunate we are to be able to pick it up early, I am frightened. I call DH he seems to think we did change the return flight. So, I pull out our airline tix and compare them to the confrimation for the rental car. Oh shoot! (which is not really the word I was thinking). We depart 7 hours later than the original return time. Okay, so if we deduct the 2 hours we have to be at the airport early, then we are only off by 5 hours. hmm... how will the rental place handle that if we DON'T tell them ahead of time???? I better call. So, I call again, it took them a few minutes because they wanted to get me back to whom I was speaking with before. I profusely apologize for inconveniencing her again. She very pleasantly tells me not to worry about it, and proceeds to check. Again, warning me this will most likely change the cost. I totally understand that especially since this is now changing the amount of time we have the care by apprx. 10 hours. After a couple of minutes she confirms there is ZERO extra charge. I am beyond thrilled. She again sent me an email with our information and I promptly print it, throw away the old ones. Then carefully, place it in my folder with other important documents we need to take.
So, here is where the confirmation morning stood,
1) confirm car rental - done
2) confirm hotels
3) confirm flights
4) confirm dining
5 confirm surprise(s)

hmm... it is now 1:13 in the afternoon. Didn't seem to get much done, BUT the one I was most concerned about it adjusted and confirmed with NO EXTRA charges.

Well, have to assist the baby girl, who has informed me 8 more wakeups until her birthday!!!

Next up: completing confirmations. Count spending money ( :scared1: ) . make cleaning list, house sitter notes, dog sitter notes, pack.

and another of my DISer's are leaving VERY SOON for their trips!!!

:cool1: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Awesome pixi dust!!! I am SO happy for you! about time things look up and the Pixi Dust fairies are looking upon you for a WONDERFUL Disney trip!!!

I don't care if you give them a pen for a surprise I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry - I missed you post...

That is so awesome that the car rental isn't costing you any more $$! Whoot!!!

D~

You've heard of doing a rain dance ? I think your Disney buddies have been doing a Pixie Dust dance for you ! :dance3::dance3: Wonderful the way it worked out and when you think about it ....why not ? :rolleyes:

You've heard of doing a rain dance ? I think your Disney buddies have been doing a Pixie Dust dance for you ! :dance3::dance3: Wonderful the way it worked out and when you think about it ....why not ? :rolleyes:

Thanks Ruthie. I am getting so excited!

Sorry - I missed you post...

That is so awesome that the car rental isn't costing you any more $$! Whoot!!!

D~

Thanks. Don't worry about missing my posts. We both understand how crazy it is getting ready right now.

and another of my DISer's are leaving VERY SOON for their trips!!!

:cool1: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Awesome pixi dust!!! I am SO happy for you! about time things look up and the Pixi Dust fairies are looking upon you for a WONDERFUL Disney trip!!!

I don't care if you give them a pen for a surprise I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy we are blessed that we can do some surprises. And I am happy to have found so much good info on these boards. I don't care what type of surprises I can pull off, as long as the kids are happy. They are great kids, all of them & I am very blessed.

So, this was the plan:
2) confirm hotels
3) confirm flights
4) confirm dining
5 confirm surprise(s)

And this is how it turned out:
2) confirm hotels
3) confirm flights done
4) confirm dining
5 confirm surprise(s)

Well, it sounds worse than it is. The hotels I have the confirmation numbers & I'm not too worried. Dining same thing. Surprises are mostly nonconfirmable. I do want to call on the one I have though.

Now, not much phone time yesterday, but as a family we got alot done. DH has a broken middle finger, so he really was a sport working so hard to make things nice. He shampooed 3 bedroom rugs (including moving furniture.) And he helped me clean our bedroom. Which was a task considering we had to organize all the Disney stuff. DS & both DD's cleared out unwanted/needed clothes. So, on the list is a run to the donation box.

Today:
I monogrammed DD's towel.
I made a couple business calls that were neccessary.
I talked to both my brothers. :) :)
I confirmed with the house sitter.

Left to do today:

1) confirm with dog sitter
2) confirm 1 surprise

But most importantly DH will leave work early today to go visit his Mom. Yesterday was the anniversary of his Dad's passing. We are going to see if Mom wants to go out to eat. Probably not as it is DSIL birthday, and her husband usually does a big meal including DMIL. So, we will check to see if she would like to go out for lunch on Friday.

DD is complaining again that her throat hurts. AND mentioned one of her ears hurt again the other day. I think she is headed back to the doctor. :sad2: I HATE the thought of her flying with ear aches. :mad::sad2:

Off to call the doctor.

And btw, stillw waiting for one delivery. :scared1:

Thanks Ruthie. I am getting so excited!

Thanks. Don't worry about missing my posts. We both understand how crazy it is getting ready right now.

I am happy we are blessed that we can do some surprises. And I am happy to have found so much good info on these boards. I don't care what type of surprises I can pull off, as long as the kids are happy. They are great kids, all of them & I am very blessed.

So, this was the plan:
2) confirm hotels
3) confirm flights
4) confirm dining
5 confirm surprise(s)

And this is how it turned out:
2) confirm hotels
3) confirm flights done
4) confirm dining
5 confirm surprise(s)

Well, it sounds worse than it is. The hotels I have the confirmation numbers & I'm not too worried. Dining same thing. Surprises are mostly nonconfirmable. I do want to call on the one I have though.

Now, not much phone time yesterday, but as a family we got alot done. DH has a broken middle finger, so he really was a sport working so hard to make things nice. He shampooed 3 bedroom rugs (including moving furniture.) And he helped me clean our bedroom. Which was a task considering we had to organize all the Disney stuff. DS & both DD's cleared out unwanted/needed clothes. So, on the list is a run to the donation box.

Today:
I monogrammed DD's towel.
I made a couple business calls that were neccessary.
I talked to both my brothers. :) :)
I confirmed with the house sitter.

Left to do today:

1) confirm with dog sitter
2) confirm 1 surprise

But most importantly DH will leave work early today to go visit his Mom. Yesterday was the anniversary of his Dad's passing. We are going to see if Mom wants to go out to eat. Probably not as it is DSIL birthday, and her husband usually does a big meal including DMIL. So, we will check to see if she would like to go out for lunch on Friday.

DD is complaining again that her throat hurts. AND mentioned one of her ears hurt again the other day. I think she is headed back to the doctor. :sad2: I HATE the thought of her flying with ear aches. :mad::sad2:

Off to call the doctor.

And btw, stillw waiting for one delivery. :scared1:

Oh no!!! Big hugs to all of you... Great job to DH doing all that work with a broken finger... YIKES!

And poor dd... I would totally get her into a Dr. now - better now than while at Disney... Is she still on antibiotics from before? Hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

Only a few more days Dee!!!! And then the FUN really begins!

D~

Oh NO! Not again!!!! I pray she gets the meds she needs and kicks that thing OUT OF HER!!! plan and ear problems are NOT a good match the poor baby!!!
well if you were to break a finger at least the middle one gives it a bit of humor. poor guy. How did he break the finger? Did i miss that part?

it's ALMOST HERE!!!!! :cool1:

Poor DD.... I hope it goes away faster than it set on and it doesn't pose any challenges!

Whoot whoot!! Almost time to get your Disney on!

Oh Dee

for DD little one, for Mark's Mom, Mark and all of you :grouphug:

Ruthie

Thank you Ruthie. everyone is doing okay. I will give more details below.

Oh no!!! Big hugs to all of you... Great job to DH doing all that work with a broken finger... YIKES!

And poor dd... I would totally get her into a Dr. now - better now than while at Disney... Is she still on antibiotics from before? Hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

Only a few more days Dee!!!! And then the FUN really begins!

D~

Thanks D~ she is doing better. Yeah, we are getting there!!!

Oh NO! Not again!!!! I pray she gets the meds she needs and kicks that thing OUT OF HER!!! plan and ear problems are NOT a good match the poor baby!!!
well if you were to break a finger at least the middle one gives it a bit of humor. poor guy. How did he break the finger? Did i miss that part?

it's ALMOST HERE!!!!! :cool1:

details to follow, but everyone seems to be okay now. DH jammed his finger between a beer keg and a cement wall. A beer keg is metal barrel and holds the equivalent of apprx. 7 1/2 cases of beer. it's heavy and it's solid!

Poor DD.... I hope it goes away faster than it set on and it doesn't pose any challenges!
She seems better now. details to follow.

Whoot whoot!! Almost time to get your Disney on!
YAY!!

My heart aches for DMIL. Married for 58years. They were best friends, golfed, cribbage, going to "the club" aka VFW. Truly best friends. It was so hard when he got sick, but her going through this, this is almost too much to bare. She ended up not feeling well enough to come out with us today. We will try to visit her on Sunday. It is very reminiscent of my Mom's decline with depression. I hope it is not that, but I fear it may be. She sees several doctors regularly and they are on top of ALL her medical issues. Not much more anyone else can do.
Mark's finger is healing very slowly. Personally, I think he should go to an ortho, but that is almost like suggesting he stop for directions when lost. Not gonna happen. lol
DD seems better. I don't know what it was, maybe just allergies, but all symptoms gone. We are continuing to watch it. I was tempted to take her to the doctors just to make sure, but I fear she will pick up some other type of virus.
I got alot accomplished yesterday & today.

1) DD is packed - other than teddy & other last minute things.
2) I am packed - other than last minute things
3) DH is packed.... or so he says. lol
4) helped DS paint his room from the roofing issue. Although, we still have some to do.
5) confirmed with house sitter (again). Will touch base with dog sitter again.

I also ordered DH 2 more pairs of shorts. He hates the ones that come below his knees. Seems that is all that is available at a decent price, so I found some online & ordered him them. Hopefully they will fit. They arrived today.

Did I mention the last surprise item I ordered cam the other day? That will be another reveal in the TR.

DH got home later than he expected to last night. I don't even know when he got home, but we were eating dinner at 9pm. crazy hours, but with him missing most of next week, he has to get ahead a little for the asst. manager to keep up. On Fridays he usually goes in a little late & stays until closing. So, he tends to stay up later than usual on Thurs. nights. Last night was no exception. He was still up when he got a call at 2am! Yes, 2am. The alarm at his store was going off & he had to go there & meet the police to make sure all was okay. It is 1/2 hour ride each way! The poor guy. DS#2 took the ride with him. He is a night owl so was up anyway. I was actually awake trying to get caught up. He didn't get home until about 4am! Then was up at 9 to start the day. Poor guy.
The day... we had to go grocery shopping & a Target run. While we were at Target I glanced at the shorts. I was hoping to grab a dress pair of shorts on clearance. And I did. As well as, 2 casual pairs & a pair of tan light weight capris. DH got a new belt, so he was happy too. I found DD#1 a cute pair of white sorts, that fit her perfect & she loves! So, it was a successful trip. Plus, we were able to get a little couponing done. Which is always good.

but, I am reallly more excited to tell you about yesterday. DD#2 and I went for mani & pedi's and ebrow waxing. We had alot of laughs. We even had the manicurists laughing hysterical. This was part of her graduation gift. She was so happy. Then we got into the car and .... she noticed her toe polish was smudged. I told her we should go back in, but she said no, she had probably hit it getting in the car & they shouldn't have to fix her mistake. So, we went in search of the same color nail polish. Usually I would buy right at the salon the color they give us, but they had none of this color other than the bottle they were using. We found something close, so we settled. Then last night her finger nails started bubbling., like there was sand under the polish. ???
Then today mine ....wrinkled. odd. Then they started peeling off, similiar to how a sunburn would peel. Weird right? We've gone to this place several times int eh past years and never had any problems. So, I called. I didn't expect them to redo our nails. I just thought if they had changed products they will want to know what is happening. And they thanked me, told me to come back in tonight. We did. They redid my fingers, as they were a mess by the time we got there. :confused3 And redid DD's toe. She wouldn't let them do her fingers. She didn't want to "put anyone out". She's a sweet kid. I wasn't sure if she was just being sweet, or if she just wanted to get home, as she had just gotten home from work when we had to run out to get to the salon in time. Well, they gave us the nail polish they used on her. And, get this.... one of the woman said, sometimes if a person is exceptionally hot, sometimes the nail polish doesn't take right. :rotfl: Yeah, that must be it ... I am H O T!! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: In reality that actually makes a bit of sense to me since, I am ...ah... at that age. I may need to wear those chill pads much more often winter months in New England and all! :lmao:
So, bottom line I had a very nice day with DD 2 days in a row.
Plus DD & DDBF took baby DD out last night. That is how I got packed. And tonight baby DD is at a sleep over at someone elses house. :crazy2: But, I love this family & don't foresee any issues. Other than maybe DD missing her Mom.
Well, I have to sign off now to go help DD pack.

Hopefully, I will have time to check in again before Tues. But, tomorrow we have a cookout to attend which I assume will be an all day affair. ;)

I read it all I swear I did but all I can see is H-O-T :rotfl: you hot little chickie you :rotfl2: stick a Frogg Togg under your arms I soo wanted to add a Kermit picture here but I am too tired to find one ;)

Great job on the target run with the new shorts! I was going to ask if you had used the mens coupons (and there is women's too) clothing coupons along with extra percent off from Cartwheel too... all that coupled with your red card and you must have saved quite a bit or at least a pretty penny! Lol

Great to hear about DD... well both of them! That was cool of your nail place to make sure you ladies had rockin nails for the trip!

Sooooo close now! Too excited!

Awesome job at Target! I went yesterday too, and purchased a few clothing items... but I forgot all of my coupons at home, so I will have to go back in to do "missed coupons" before we leave. Our store was also doing an extra 20% off of all clearance clothing... So that was really nice.

I can totally relate to your nail experience too... I went in and had my nails done a few weeks ago - and they also started bubbling right away. I was going to go back in and have them redone, but I just never made it back before their 1 week guarantee expired. I did stop by the salon yesterday though, and made appointments for all of us on Sunday. :)

So happy you had a great day with dd and everyone else is doing better! Only a few more days!

D~

Great job on the target run with the new shorts! I was going to ask if you had used the mens coupons (and there is women's too) clothing coupons along with extra percent off from Cartwheel too... all that coupled with your red card and you must have saved quite a bit or at least a pretty penny! Lol

Great to hear about DD... well both of them! That was cool of your nail place to make sure you ladies had rockin nails for the trip!

Sooooo close now! Too excited!

Yes, I did make out great! I do have a couple things to return. Only because I bought 2 different sizes, not sure which would fit. I hate trying clothes on at the store. That will be todays chore. I thougth it was very nice of the nail place. They even thanked me for giving them the opportunity to make it right. :goodvibes Nails still look good.

Awesome job at Target! I went yesterday too, and purchased a few clothing items... but I forgot all of my coupons at home, so I will have to go back in to do "missed coupons" before we leave. Our store was also doing an extra 20% off of all clearance clothing... So that was really nice.

I can totally relate to your nail experience too... I went in and had my nails done a few weeks ago - and they also started bubbling right away. I was going to go back in and have them redone, but I just never made it back before their 1 week guarantee expired. I did stop by the salon yesterday though, and made appointments for all of us on Sunday. :)

So happy you had a great day with dd and everyone else is doing better! Only a few more days!

D~

Yup Target rocks! It was so nice to find shorts that don't go down to my knees. I like mid thigh, but they were hard to find for a while.
Yup nails look good today. I wish we could have gone Monday, but I thought that was really pushing it onn time.

I read it all I swear I did but all I can see is H-O-T :rotfl: you hot little chickie you :rotfl2: stick a Frogg Togg under your arms I soo wanted to add a Kermit picture here but I am too tired to find one ;)

:cool1: Frogg Toggs are packed I can tell you that.

Well, of course I had to drag the suitcases out again to add the new shorts. Of couse I was hurrying so I didn't take anything OUT...yet. Now I am having difficulty finding DH's back pack we bought for last trip. I keep all the luggage together. All I can think of is that he HELPED put luggage away last time.
Probably in plain sight somewhere. :confused3 Unless..... well he almost forgot my camera on the plane last time. Thank God, I mentioned it & he was able to go right back and get it. I hope he didn't leave the back pack instead. :lmao: I don't think so, I'm pretty sure we did a count at that point.

Well, back to Target to return the doubles I bought because I didn't know my size. Then DD decided she needs new white undies. ;) IF she is reading along, I will hear about mentioning THAT on a public forum. :idea:

We have my friends cookout today. This is the family that came along in Nov. for our VR trip, so it is going to be so hard not talking about this trip with them. BUT, need to keep the secret. must not spill the beans, must not spill the beans, must not ... beans? did someone say baked beans, and chili with beans... NO NO NO...must not spill the beans. :rolleyes1

DD didn't make it through her sleepover last night. We got a call about 11:30. The other little girl is very used to sleep overs & camping. She started telling ghost stories.... that was all my DD needed. That's when we got the call. She did ask her to stop, but it went on so she came home. EXACTLY what we have always told the kids. If something makes you uncomfortable you remove yourself from the situation.

Hoe everyone has a great weekend. I am off to rinse my purple hair. :lmao:

you lasted this long sssshhhhhh!!! PURPLE hair ???? !!!! okay Figment wannabeeDee

The backpack will show up, the unmentionables will be purchased, Mark's broken finger will get better soon, and glad DD Little One has common sense instilled in her....Great Job !!

you lasted this long sssshhhhhh!!! PURPLE hair ???? !!!! okay Figment wannabeeDee

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

The backpack will show up, the unmentionables will be purchased, Mark's broken finger will get better soon, and glad DD Little One has common sense instilled in her....Great Job !!

:) In many ways she is very young for her age. But sometimes the things she comes out with! :upsidedow

And happy to say, my hair is not purple. Although I do love Figment. But miss the Dreamfinder Figment relationship.
Missed some grays. Actually a bit of a streak, but that's okay, as my Mom would've said, ahh... don't worry about it, people won't think you color your hair. Of course if it was HER hair...that would be another story. I always looked beautiful in her eyes.

Now, off to wake my girls up. Yes, you heard that right. They are still sleeping at 12:07 in the afternoon. The little one couldn't sleep last night because of the scary stories. And the older one, in all fairness was up earlier to help me, then laid back down in the A/C.

You know that Disney commercial where the little kid says, "I can't sleep, I'm too excited"? Yeah, that's not me, I would love to be sleeping right now. ;)
BUT, the I'm so excited part is me. I hear his cute little voice in my head. I wish I could immitate his voice.

Oh, well Good day everyone!!

And, Please everyone know, I am still remembering all of you in my prayers. Healing, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Prayers to all.

Sorry to hear the little one didn't do well. One day it will!

Yes i am very aware of a keg, and all of it's glory! BEER! yay BEER!

hope it feels better!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE TRIP REPORT!

I need to know all the goodies <-- how many times have i said this so far in your reports?!?!?

have a WONDERFUL MAGICAL SAFE BEAUTIFUL TRIP!!!!

made it purple for the hair comment... :thumbsup2

YEAAAA!!!! Only 1 more day!!! Thinkin of ya and CANT WAIT to hear how things go!! Have a beautiful trip!!:cheer2:

Sorry to hear the little one didn't do well. One day it will!

Yes i am very aware of a keg, and all of it's glory! BEER! yay BEER!

hope it feels better!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE TRIP REPORT!

I need to know all the goodies <-- how many times have i said this so far in your reports?!?!?

have a WONDERFUL MAGICAL SAFE BEAUTIFUL TRIP!!!!

made it purple for the hair comment... :thumbsup2

YEAAAA!!!! Only 1 more day!!! Thinkin of ya and CANT WAIT to hear how things go!! Have a beautiful trip!!:cheer2:

See you in less than 48 hrs :cheer2:

FLY BY POSTING!!!! so excited. DD(birthday girl) does not expect a thing!
Tons to do today, so off I go.

Prayers to all. Now, you all behave while I am gone. Well, atleast don't get caught... :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter