U 2 hot to walk, run, get surprised?

As we exited into the halls of characterpalooza I decided I needed some walking time. It didn't seem too confusing or loud, so I figured I'd give it a try. Miss M. asked if she could sit. When I asked if her leg was sore she answered no. She just felt like sitting. I decided to allow it. I don't usually, not just because someone is being a bit lazy. But, having in mind her melt down in the morning I was a little nervous she might be coming down with something. So, I allowed it. off and on as we waited in line.
http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...38=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:36594;8;23:ot1lsi

That took all of about 5 mins. When she awoke, she was my loving snuggly baby girl again. I let her sleep for about 20 mins. Then I woke her. She was a little groggy, but woke up pretty quickly once she realized where she was. By the time we reached the characters she was very excited and pleasant. Oh, did I forget to mention what characters we were waiting for???

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232fp543;3>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=394894943632;nu0mrj

She was actually a little frightened by Ralph. He was rather big handed she said. ??okaaaayyyyy??

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232fp54382>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=39489466:;32;nu0mrj

The older kids had been texting us & were ready to meet up with us. They had a blast on ToT

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232fp54373>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=39489466;232;nu0mrj

But wanted DH to join them on RnR.
http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232fp54345>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=394894943:32;nu0mrj

So, off they went. Miss M. and I were happy to just enjoy each others company. We shopped a little.

I found this gem... (see what I did there?)
http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...3:=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:365:447823:ot1lsi

I was tempted to buy it, but decided that was for E & K to purchase not me. I did show her the picture of it though. They had already seen it, and had decided they would rather spend their money on something more special for the wedding itself. Darn fiscally responsible kids. ;)

When we met up again, we decided to ride Star Tours. Or should I say we decided THEY should ride ST. I sat that one out. They had fun & said they got one they hadn't gotten before so everyone was excited. At this point everyone was hot & tired. We decided to head back to the hotel pool. We were hoping to get a quick dip in & get changed. We had a big night tonight.

Great update Dee... Very glad the princess was able to nap and wake happier!

It looks like everyone had a great time on ToT and RnR!

D~

Sorry I got behind, but I am all caught up now.

Glad the princess got a nap.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on TOT and Rock & Roll.

Great update Dee... Very glad the princess was able to nap and wake happier!

It looks like everyone had a great time on ToT and RnR!

D~

Thanks D~

Sorry I got behind, but I am all caught up now.

Glad the princess got a nap.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on TOT and Rock & Roll.

Thanks Kathy. Don't worry about getting behind. I know you have a lot on your plate. :grouphug:

Once we arrived to the resort we headed right to the room. Miss M. practically flew there. She was so very excited to go in the pool. Then it happened. Yep, just as she was putting on her bathing suit, rain. NOOOOO maybe they won't close the pool it is just sprinkling. No sooner did the words come out my mouth and the skies opened. Nope no swimming today.
Tomorrow. Tomorrow we will get up early and do a water park. We had bought K & E the plus passes that included the water parks. And the other 4 of us had gotten in on the AP's with the water parks plus for the same price as regular AP's. In the morning we should be okay with the rains holding off til mid afternoon, we decided. So, we hung out in the room. Some of us changed and ...
http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...58=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:365:447;23:ot1lsi
some didn't. But we now had somewhere to be. We were heading to bring Miss M. to Sandcastle Club! We had never tried any of the child care places. But this time we really wanted to. The older kids and DH and I wanted to try Jelly Rolls. okay... I have been dying to try Jelly Rolls and thought it would be great fun with the older kids.
The game plan was to head to Beaches and Cream for dinner. Then drop Miss M. off at the child care which is in the same resort. So, off we went. And not a minute too soon either, we all were famished!

And we remained famished. We had not allowed enough time for the 1 1/2 hour wait to be seated at B&C. Yes, that is right 90mins. I think they need a fast pass line.:cool1:
So, we stood for a moment and decided what to do. Then Miss M. saw the arcade and they all thought that was a grand idea. Since Miss M. would get a meal at the Sandcastle Club, we could all grab something at Jelly Rolls. We could spend the time at the arcade. EXCEPT I can't do arcades. In the interest of not wanting to be the stick in the mud, I tried. I walked in about.... 5 steps, turned and walked out. DS walked me to a seat where I remained until they all finished in the arcade. Which worked out great because it gave me time to stop spinning. ( I need a spinning icon). I took lots of pictures of the pool, but have no idea where they are. sorry.
When it was time to get Miss M. to the Sandcastle Club, I was beginning to feel somewhat (aka alot) guilty. She was nervous. DH had already decided this wasn't a good idea. But, we walked in. There was 1 family ahead of us signing their daughter in. Who turned gave them a huge hug (the kind that says PLEEEAAASSSEEE don't leave me.) the Dad turned to DH & said, nothing like the guilt to kick in. DH laughed and said... "just now?" The guy laughed and said nope... all day. We chuckled. K was with us, as she tends to watch over her baby sister. Sometimes I think she is nervous we will make mistakes. Kind of like, "oh I am NOT letting you mess her up like you did me" LOL Although, somewhere we did just fine, they are all responsible, caring adults. We gave our hugs & sent Miss M. off to play with the other little girl, signed on the dotted line, left a cell phone number (okay we actually left 3), and we were on our way to have a good adult filled night... but eat first. lol
We got to Jelly Rolls. The door man chats with us. He is from our home state & is very pleasant. BUT, I had not done all of my research, or I had forgotten. There is a $12. cover charge. Okay, DH pays for all 5 of us. $60. They stamp our hands and we are in. It is rather dark. But, it is 7pm - ish so it is evening. hmm... There is exactly 1 other table with people at it. Well, we are a little early. It starts at 7. We pick our seat & wait for the waitress. Not being huge drinkers, we are a little baffled at what we want to drink. So, as we ponder this, I ask (rather as what I thought would be an obvious answer), do you serve appetizers? To which our very pleasant Irish waitress tells us.... well..... popcorn. We all look at each other. um... we just paid $60 to get in, we are starving, the show is about to start in 15 mins at this point. What do we do? So, we order alcohol. Because THAT is sure to help. :rolleyes1 I can't remember what DH ordered (and no not because I drank too much), K & E however ordered the signature drink. A Jelly Roll. which is HUGE! DS & I order more rational drinks. beers perhaps? So, it is time to pay. The lovely waitress asks if we would like to run a tab. WELL, DH & I are in our 50's, we were in our early 20's when we married and we had the triplets when I was in my late 20's. We had MANY MANY experiences with running a tab. No Thank you. We will pay as we consume. lol So, these delicious, or so I was told, Jelly rolls cost ....are you ready? $12. EACH!!!! I am so glad we did not run a tab! DH ended up enjoying his taste of K's Jelly Roll, so he ended up ordering one. DS & I had 1 more beer then switched to water. We still tipped the waitress, but neither of us are big carbonated beverage kind of people.
Now I bet you all want to know how the show was. It was EXCELLENT. There was a table up front with 2 woman who just were teased unmercifully. Sisters. The pianist were both incredible!! They were talented, and very witty! They were asking people where they were from. I felt so bad....EVERYONE they asked was from FLA. The songs that were requested were very popular from our era, so DH and I really enjoyed it. I wanted to request that newer song that goes "if you like it put a ring on it", but K begged us not to. We sincerely enjoyed the show, however after about 1 1/2 hours we were starving. The poor waitress must have brought us 6 baskets of popcorn! So, we decided to leave.

Alright, I interrupt this regularly scheduled trip report for this...

:crazy2:

Those of you who followed along in my PTR may remember we had Miss M's first sleep over for her 10th bday party a couple weeks before we left for this Disney trip. Since then she tried sleeping over her friends house & the end result was we picked her up about 11pmish. You may also remember this I HATE SLEEP OVERS! hated them as a child. hated going to them. hated having them. hated them. hated hosting them when the triplets were little, hated when they went else where (which was seldom). Guess what? I still hate them. AND guess what else.... Miss M. is having one here tonight. One friend. That's it, only 1 friend. How can they be so messy? So loud? So needy? Boys are better. They go in the other room talk about boogers and gross stuff, wrestle, laugh, fall asleep. Girls want make up, popcorn, popcorn with butter, popcorn without butter, hot coco, no hot coco, to watch movies that are NOT age appropriate. I know, I know, I was one of those, except I wasn't. I hated sleepovers. Well, except my cousins. Which, now that I think of it was probably worse for our mothers. :sad2: boy I wish I could apologize to her. I'll have to call my aunt tomorrow. oops got to go, I hear high heels on my wood floor & Miss M. doesn't own any that would make that sound. lol must be big sister K's. lol
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1234565_10202104741086964_345552180_n.jpg

It really was pathetic looking empty.

but, as I said it turned out to be a lot of fun. We all had a great time. I'm sure it would have been even better if we weren't so darn hungry. We will absolutely be returning.

So, we left to go fill our tummies. We had a while before we were expected to pick up Miss M. So, we stopped and got a pizza. I can't remember what the name of the place was, sorry. We all enjoyed it fairly well. But, we were indeed hungry. It was gone very quickly.

next stop... to get Miss M. I was a little anxious as to how she liked it. If you were to ask her today, she would say she does not want to go back. HOWEVER, that night she was all smiles, and informed us she had a great time & made lots of new friends. So, I sincerely would not feel bad putting her in one again. Back to Jelly Rolls next trip. :)

Oh, and did I mention we got a lot of rain?
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/75899_10202104744327045_1563560649_n.jpg

I think I was sound asleep before my head hit the pillow. Good thing too, the next day was to be a busy one.

We are nearing the end of this TR. The last update covered Aug. 24th. We were scheduled to fly home late afternoon August 26th. So, the next update will be our last full day in the park. I am very anxious to get started on it, but don't want to do it tonight as I am tired & very distracted with the sleepover tonight.

So, I will try to get to it tomorrow after our guest goes home, that is IF I am not too tired. Fingers crossed the girls actually sleep tonight. :lmao:

Well, it happened again. I started working on the TR, had to take a break, got interrupted and I guess I was gone too long. Instead of just letting me log in again & having the post lost, the cyber world told me it couldn't post due to the fact I had logged in again since logging in???? So, my entire morning and of the 25th has been lost.
So, let's try this again....

You will notice I am going to post several times so as not to loose everything again.

First some pictures I found that I couldn't seem to find earlier in this TR...

The Beach... or is it Yacht club resort. While I was waiting for the family to play in the arcade.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1383538_10202343461094815_1172335645_n.jpg

The Piano ...men from Jelly Rolls. The woman in the picture is the one that they kept teasing. Atleast until she shot her vodka straight up, left have a cigarette & never came back. Her sister finally left to go look for her. Again, I can't say enough about these guys. There were a couple of songs they wouldn't play. They said they didn't know them, but we had a suspicion they may not have been appropriate.
Continuing with the Jelly Roll night... Check out the size of their signature drink!
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1379622_10202343460134791_637025039_n.jpg

Now on with the last full day of our vacation. :sad:

E had been getting up early and heading to the BW bakery, getting himself & K coffee. Meanwhile I have been making a pot in the room each morning. Since we had every intention of heading to a water park early, I thought I would get up early grab coffee & pastries at the BW bakery. So, I headed out long before E was due to our room. The line in the BW bakery was crazy! But, finally I made it up to the food chest/counter

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/994602_10202343460174792_240430126_n.jpg

hmmm. may have to come here for dinner. But, for now something like this will have to do.
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379381_10202343460214793_1672309912_n.jpg

So, I grabbed several coffees, pastries and got DH a breakfast bowl. Which is basically a breakfast in a bread bowl. sausage, ham, bacon, hash browns, eggs & cheese in a bread bowl. DH didn't care for it. Too many starch/carbs. TOTALLY not like him. Of course E & I must have crossed paths. Him knowing there would be a line as he had been to the bakery a few times now. Me, well, I just didn't plan. So, E was already in the room with he & K's coffee and a preboxed Entermann coffee rolls. Most of those were left once I showed up with the BW bakery pasteries.
We were all in our bathing suits, headed to the car & guess what? The sun was still shining! Hard to believe. We knew we better hurry. We made it! We pulled up found a front row parking spot, gathered our stuff & were walking up to the turnstiles when DS realized he forgot his pass. :upsidedow Dh was not happy. That meant he had to drive back to the resort. He did. DS offered to take the bus back, but none of us thought that was fair. Everyone makes mistakes. E & K went ahead while I got Miss M & my passes from DH. K & E were waiting right on the other side of the turnstiles when Miss M. put her card across the scanner and it shone. blue. blue. oh, the water parks shine blue. YOU didn't know that did you. No. either did we. Do you know why? Because they only shine blue if you do NOT have a valid pass. :confused3 huh? I scan mine. blue. What the heck. The cm guides us here...
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1393859_10202343973227618_1842584694_n.jpg

great. Now I am aggravated. DS first now this. Oh well, I realize the cm that switched us to the new passes probably just didn't add the plus onto our cards. I'm sure it will be straightened out. As I waited in line I texted DH to warn him, he & DS would have to meet me at guest services. Finally we get to the front. I explain to the cm what was going on. She advised me there was no problem, they can pull up my original card and verify, then if that is the case they will just issue us a new pass. Okay, everyone is human. WE all make mistakes. I thanked her. BUT, she then tells me that no we did not have the water park Plus option on our original cards. I explained that can not be the case. We got our AP's through dvc discount when WDW was running the promotion that the water park plus cost about 50 cents less than the regular one. She confirmed that the time frame I bought our passes they did indeed have a promotion going on like that. But, my cards didn't indicate that. There was nothing she could do.
I wasn't calm anymore. NOpe not at all. I didn't swear. I didn't yell. I could feel my blood pump. I could feel my blood pressure rising. I told Miss M. we couldn't go into the park. 4 one day passes would have cost us over $200. I did not have that in the budget! As I turned around & looked at her, my heart broke and I got REALLY angry. Not even sure who I was angry at. Not even sure what had happened. How did I NOT have the H2O park passes if it was cheaper to buy those than the regular AP when I purchased them??? Maybe I was forgetting something. I was racking my brain. Going back & forth between if I was forgetting something & trying to figure a way to buy us the day passes. Meanwhile Dh pulls up, and K is asking me over the turnstile what is going on. I explain quickly & abruptly to K. Then walk to the car & explain to Mark. K offers for her & E to leave. I tell them no. To stay & enjoy the day, when they are done call us & we will either come back & get them, or they could take the bus back to the resort. Miss M & I get into the car. She is crying. I am about to. Finally, I decide to put it on our credit card. She has been wanting to go swimming all vacation. We are going to do this. Later I will try to sort things out. Maybe there is a mistake & I can get reimbursed. So, we park and we head in. I text K & she texted me back to say where they were. We grabbed our chairs and they headed to the wave pool.

Once settled I just accepted we were out over $200, but it was worth it rather than getting myself & everyone else upset. I got the video recorder out, and began documenting the day. Of course because this was this day... somehow it is lost. I have NO idea where all the video from this day went. :confused3 Which is really too bad, because Miss M. was so funny here the first time we came when she was about 4. And this time she was too. Plus we had a wonderful experience with Stitch here. But, I am getting ahead of myself.

So once we settled all our stuff at our chairs we headed to the wave pool. Miss M. was very excited to try it. She has watched the video of herself when she was little & how anxious she got every time the wave sound happened. So today she was going to go in like a big girl & tackle those silly "little" waves. Except she soon realized they weren't little and she was still anxious. :rotfl: So, the very first wave she acted exactly like she did all those years ago. She ran to her daddy, arms stretched up, head turned watching for the wave, yelling for him to pick her up. And what did Daddy do? laughed at her. Yep. laughed at her. So....she went crashing into the ground, skinning her knees. In his defense, he thought she was just imitating how she was when she was little, just playing be horrified. :sad2: She was so hurt that Daddy didn't save her. She walked away from him in a huff & hung out with me in the way shallow end. :cheer2: We had fun in between me getting out & sitting on the chair, coming back in, etc. While she & I did this the older kids & DH went on a couple of the water slide/rides. K came back when E decided to do one of the rides she doesn't like. So, she, Miss M & I went to the lazy river. K had already done it with E. So, when it came full circle she got out, while M & I rode through again. Soon DH joined us for one last round about on the lazy river.
I decided I needed to move a little so I walked the last lap. After one of the kids told me that isn't allowed. I didn't see any signs. Do any of you know if this is true? Was I a rule breaker? Such a rebel I am. :rolleyes:
Once we had finished our final lazy lap we decided we were hungry. More accurately, the older ones were waiting for us at the jump out point, telling us what time it was & asking if we were hungry. O. K. Guess THEY are hungry. Fine, but one thing first...
http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232fp73499>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=394894945432;nu0mrj
http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...68=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:398557:723:ot1lsi
http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232fp54377>nu=32:4>253>359>WSNRCG=394894<6<732;nu0mrj

We grabbed something to eat. Chix strips & burgers if I remember correctly. Then of course Miss M. had to have one of the ice cream pails a friend of hers told her about. Fine, what the heck.
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1395132_10202341052034590_3549298_n.jpg
I never thought she would be able to even make a dent in it, but she did pretty good. Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture of the end result. By the time she finished it, it was about time to leave. So, she & I went in one more time. Cleaned & packed our stuff up & headed out. This is when we saw THIS
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1235090_10202341052154593_160828700_n.jpg

http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...55=ot>2395=344=44:=XROQDF>2:3985855823:ot1lsi

Stitch was hysterical. I was video taping (or so I thought). When the cm pointed that out to Stitch & told him he better behave, well he just became SO animated! He pretended to pick his nose, to which the cm replied "Stitch, what did we tell you about that? Not unless you have enough for everyone". so, Stitche thought he should share with me... coming right up to the camera lens and pretending to wipe something on it. :rotfl: I can't believe we can't figure out where this video went. Miss M sincerely enjoyed this encounter. And Stitch is K & DS favorite. I don't know why DS didn't get a photo with Stitch. Maybe because he was a little subconscious about how pale he was. :beach: You would think we didn't live around the ocean. Which he could ride his bike to. I just remind him, his skin is all the better for it.

So, after saying our hellos and good byes to Stitch we were off. We had another character we had to go meet. ;)

Okay, you all have to know something about me. I am a bit paranoid. But, more than I am DH is awkward & paranoid about meeting strangers. So, I am not a big dismeet kinda gal. Actually, until this trip I had met exactly 1 disser. She & I had somehow realized we lived a couple towns away from each other. So, we met at a local shopping mall one day & had lunch. I don't see her on these boards very often anymore. But, we stayed in contact for a while.
Anyway, that was before I started reading PTR's & TR's. Then writing them myself. So, I figure we are not REALLY COMPLETE strangers any more. :confused3 My older kids find this both hysterical & ironic. Seeing as until they were in high school I would peruse their internet communications. They were aware of it. I was constantly warning them, not to give ANY information on line. Not so much as your school mascot I would say. Well, in my defense they were triplets and we had some VERY VERY weird experiences with strangers when they were young. REALLY weird. People at the mall following us to our car so they can "touch" our babies. People showing up at our HOME door saying they heard we had triplets could they see them. One woman going so far as to say, she only has girls, could she see our sons? AH NO!!! crazies. So, yes I was over protective paranoid mom. So, they laugh their fannies off when I would say things like "my friend Ruthie" , who I had never met in person. :rotfl2:
You can imagine their horror when I told them we were having a dismeet. DH asked me how I didn't know they were stalkers? LuvchefMickeys is now affectionately known by DH as stalker lady. HUH Ruthie?! But, we were meeting in a public place. DHS, so they were all on board. AND DH was actually looking forward to it. The plan was to meet anyone that showed up at the Monsters Inc Bash at DHS. So, when we left Typhoon Lagoon we headed back to the resort to shower & change. I had been in contact with Ruthie as to where & when to meet. But the others I hadn't heard too much from & I was crazy all week as you can imagine with the bday surprise, the engagement, K's future in-laws being there, etc. so I wasn't reaching out either. So, we figured we'd meet up with whoever we bumped into, and Ruthie was a sure thing.
Okay, I need to go get some sleep. I will leave you wondering if we ever find Ruthie, who else we meet up with ...if anyone & is there anything else happening this last night in our happy place.
Goodnight all!

Loved your update Dee! Your family photos at TL are fantastic!!! It sounds like you had a great day!

I loved the icecream pail... I think that will be going on my must do food list for our next trip! LOL

Can't wait to hear about your Dismeets and who you all got to meet. :)

D~

Whew you have been an updating gal!!!

Love that you guys had fun at the water parks but sorry that you didn't have that option on your AP's. :sad2:

Were you able to get your money back from it?

Hoping Ruthie meets up with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter