Uber picks up/drops off at Resorts or Parks?? I know not MCO...

twodogs

DIS Veteran
I have read several conflicting threads about Uber. As I understand from almost all posts, it does not pick up at MCO, and probably can't drop off there either. My question is, will it pick me up at a park and/or AKL and drop me off at another resort and/or park? Some have said the drivers weren't allowed past the gate at the resort or parks? Others seemed to have used it without an issue. I just need to know if this is a viable option as we have some close transportation times between parks and/or resorts, and I HATE cabs!! We won't have a rental car, so it is either Disney transportation or Uber, if possible. Thanks!!

Uber picked us up at AKL and took us to Universal, so yes, they can and will pick you up at a WDW resort.

We took Uber between resorts multiple times at Christmas. We did a lot of resort dining and it was so much nicer to do Uber than wait for buses and have to loop through the parks.

If you don't mind my asking, approx. how much were the Uber fares between AKL and the various Disney Parks? Trying to get an idea of a budget in case we decide to opt for Uber instead of the Disney bus. How long does it take to reach the various parks? Thanks!

We actually didn't have to pay for any of our rides as we used promo codes. However, had we paid the fare, Uber to Universal was around $20 and the Contemporary to AKL fare was around $8 I think. It takes 15-20 min to reach most places, but can be shorter. Obviously, AK park is closer and doesn't take long at all.

We just got back and used Uber once at AKL. Depending on the time of day, we saw estimates of Uber getting to AKL in 18-20 minutes because they tend to sit at the TTC. It is cheaper, however, AKL seemed to always have a cab, and we ended up taking these more often. For Uber's to get into a resort to drop you off, the security guard needs to scan your MB. I don't think they're allowed to sit at resorts like Mears cabs are. However, they are cheaper. They aren't allowed to pick up and drop off at MCO because they aren't considered a real cab company and I think MCO has actually banned them.

I want to take a taxi from Epcot to POR one night after Illuminations and one night from the Polynesian back to POR. A regular taxi would be okay, but faster and less expensive is always better! I'll give Uber a try!:disrocks:

How much was that fare? Did they pick you after Universal as well?

Sorry, I just saw this. We didn't pay for any of our fares. We used both my DH and my Uber account and just kept getting free rides back and forth. I do recall when we booked, they quoted something like $25ish or so. And yes, we took Uber back from Uni as well.

If you don't mind my asking, approx. how much were the Uber fares between AKL and the various Disney Parks? Trying to get an idea of a budget in case we decide to opt for Uber instead of the Disney bus. How long does it take to reach the various parks? Thanks!

AKL - Epcot: uberX: $8-11 uberXL: $16-21 UberSELECT: $19-26
AKL - DHS: uberX: $7-9 uberXL: $13-18 UberSELECT: $17-22
AKL - TTC (u have to take the ferry/monorail to MK): uberX: $8-12 uberXL: $17-22 UberSELECT: $21-28
AKL - AK: uberX: $5-7 uberXL: $11-14 UberSELECT: $13-17

Give yourself 10-15 mins lead time for an Uber car to get to you.

Remember to ask a current Uber member to give you a referral code since you will get $20 off your first ride (they will also get a $20 credit). I only started using Uber last year and I am in love. I had 2 bad experiences with Mears taxi drivers (both rude) in WDW last year so I'm pretty much done with their cabs. The town cars in the resorts are nice, but pricey. Uber keeps things simple, I don't have to carry cash, and no tipping expected. ALL my Uber drivers have been polite. Most are friendly and chatty - makes for a very pleasant ride.

They aren't allowed to pick up and drop off at MCO because they aren't considered a real cab company and I think MCO has actually banned them.
They are not allowed to pick up from MCO. You can get dropped off at MCO with no hassle (I did, just 2 weeks ago).

If you take Uber to MCO, you don't have to leave WDW quite as early as if you took a Magical Express. Leaving 2.5 hours before your flight time would be pretty safe in my book since it only takes about a half hour to drive there and you will still get there 2 hours early (need to check in luggage at least 1 hour early).

AKL - MCO: uberX: $23-31 uberXL: $43-57 UberSELECT: $57-75

Uber cars will also pick you up from the parks, stop for your bags at the hotel, then drive you to the airport if you wish.

Last edited:
AKL - Epcot: uberX: $8-11 uberXL: $16-21 UberSELECT: $19-26
AKL - DHS: uberX: $7-9 uberXL: $13-18 UberSELECT: $17-22
AKL - TTC (u have to take the ferry/monorail to MK): uberX: $8-12 uberXL: $17-22 UberSELECT: $21-28
AKL - AK: uberX: $5-7 uberXL: $11-14 UberSELECT: $13-17

Give yourself 10-15 mins lead time for an Uber car to get to you.

Remember to ask a current Uber member to give you a referral code since you will get $20 off your first ride (they will also get a $20 credit). I only started using Uber last year and I am in love. I had 2 bad experiences with Mears taxi drivers (both rude) in WDW last year so I'm pretty much done with their cabs. The town cars in the resorts are nice, but pricey. Uber keeps things simple, I don't have to carry cash, and no tipping expected. ALL my Uber drivers have been polite. Most are friendly and chatty - makes for a very pleasant ride.

They are not allowed to pick up from MCO. You can get dropped off at MCO with no hassle (I did, just 2 weeks ago).

If you take Uber to MCO, you don't have to leave WDW quite as early as if you took a Magical Express. Leaving 2.5 hours before your flight time would be pretty safe in my book since it only takes about a half hour to drive there and you will still get there 2 hours early (need to check in luggage at least 1 hour early).

AKL - MCO: uberX: $23-31 uberXL: $43-57 UberSELECT: $57-75

Uber cars will also pick you up from the parks, stop for your bags at the hotel, then drive you to the airport if you wish.

Hi there! I'm pretty new to this board so please accept my apology if I'm asking an already-answered question. I have a question about Uber that I believe you might be able to answer. We are seriously considering cancelling our rental car reservation and just use Disney transportation and Uber, but we'd like to know if Uber can drop us off near the front entrance of each park (like taxis do).

I've heard that Uber driver's can get charged a parking fee too, which would add substantially to the fee. If we'll get close to the entrances with no problems, Uber sounds like it would be the perfect solution to hour-long bus trips!

I also heard that in order to go to Epcot you have to be dropped at the BR and to go to MK you have to be dropped at the CR. Does anyone know if that's true or just an easier way to get to these particular parks?

The daily parking charges for various vehicles are:
  • Car/Taxi/Shuttle/Limo/Motorcycle $17

Yes, Disney "officially" charges Uber drivers the parking fee. Many gate attendants are nice and let them through. Some have APs, etc or will eat the parking fee (since it is $17 per day). Some drivers might ask you if you are OK getting dropped off at a resort.

That said, if you are staying onsite, get the parking pass from your resort since that entitles you to free parking in the parks. Then you have much less to worry about.

I would suggest asking the driver before you get in (or calling/texting him beforehand) to see how he handles it. You can always cancel the ride if what he wants to do is not acceptable to you. What I like about uber is that the options are in my hand. If I don't like it, I can just cancel the request and get a regular cab.

We don't have Uber where we live, so I'm a newbie. When you create an account, it looks like you put a charge card on file? If you call for a pick up, will it automatically charge your card or how do you go about using a promo code so your card doesn't get charged? Can one members promo code be used by more than one person or do you keep trying different ones until one takes? If we want to be picked up at POR, where do they pick you up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter