Uber

EBM1228

Earning My Ears
How easy is to get an Uber with a car seat? We usually stay off site and have a car but we are staying onsite and won’t have a car this time. My least favorite party is relying on bus transportation. We are a family do 4- kids age 6 and 2. Will we be able to use Uber? Not really concerned about the cost because it will only be for a few dining locations at other resorts.

Following! I thought we had the problem solved with Minnie Vans but I just read that they aren’t operating right now

From what i've read, Uber stopped enrolling people in Orlando into the Uber family program, so basically all you have are drivers who are still active with Uber.

I wouldn't plan on it as your first option.

I'm pretty sure a family of 4 would also need an Uber XL? I don't think they are seating people in the front anymore. I agree with PP I wouldn't plan on it.

My travel agent said it was doable, so hopefully it will work out. Not sure how else we can get from port orleans to riviera for an early breakfast reservation.

My travel agent said it was doable, so hopefully it will work out. Not sure how else we can get from port orleans to riviera for an early breakfast reservation.

If it's early enough to get to DHS, you could do that and take the skyliner.

Or Mears has cabs with carseats. You could call the night before and schedule.

After looking into this more we decided to rent a car. It’s expensive but with twin toddlers (and all that that entails) we decided to take money from elsewhere in our travel budget to make it happen. I miss the Minnie Vans!

Good choice for car rental. I agree that your chances of an Uber with car seats was slim to none.

This will be the first time we don’t have a car. We did look into it but the price was so high, plus the added cost of parking, that is just not worth it for how little we need to use it.

Carseats aside, how hard is it to get an uber for 4 at Disney? We were hoping to make use of it some. I wish they would bring the minnievans back:/

We only need a booster for our youngest, so we'll be bringing a mifold for him just in case we need it.

When my boys were younger we used a private car service when traveling to Disneyland. There were XL options with car seats that could seat 4-6 people. It looks like Quicksilver Tours offers something similar from Orlando for about $70. I just checked their website and these are much more now, closer to $100-$200 depending on the vehicle.

Last edited:
Carseats aside, how hard is it to get an uber for 4 at Disney? We were hoping to make use of it some. I wish they would bring the minnievans back:/

We only need a booster for our youngest, so we'll be bringing a mifold for him just in case we need it.

Not hard. You will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter