UFOs - Do You Believe?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but there was a miniseries called "UFO" on Showtime last year that I am in the middle of watching. I'm sure it's viewable on demand. It's actually really interesting!

I think there's other life out there but I refuse to look at a vague light in the sky and fully commit to the idea that it's paranormal. I believe aliens could very well exist, but I need proof.

And too often, if people can't explain something from their own limited perspective, then it "must be aliens!". Abduction stories are really suspect too, as they often resemble cases of sleep paralysis or the witness is being coached by the person performing the hypnosis.

If a sighting coincides with multiple witnesses and is actually tracked by air traffic control and/or the military, then it can be taken more seriously, but even then it could still be something besides aliens.

So it's interesting, but I'm not signed on. Richard Dolan is one of the more grounded researchers on this stuff I'd recommend any UFO fans to look into. He also isn't a member of the New Age UFO cliques like Corey Goode (Corey says he's part of a secret space program and he's met giant bird aliens).

I see abduction stories as the same phenomenon as near death experience stories. They are all similar to other's in their same cultural or religious belief system. People from different parts of the world, with different beliefs, have different "experiences". People believe what they think they should believe.

I see abduction stories as the same phenomenon as near death experience stories. They are all similar to other's in their same cultural or religious belief system. People from different parts of the world, with different beliefs, have different "experiences". People believe what they think they should believe.
I agree. In the past the person would attribute these cases to fairies, angels, mythological beings. Today, everything has become adapted with the times. The same with any superstitious beliefs these days and conspiracy theories. Netflix had a special about sleep paralysis, and you can see how religious belief factors into what people would see.

Some people suffering paranoid schizophrenia believe they are being targeted by shadowy organizations (the term for these people is "Targeted Individuals"). Someone suffering the same thing in the 1800's would attribute the same experience to demons or what have you.

yes. I have an uncle who actually worked on project blue book.

I also believe in the paranormal. Just because I can't see something doesn't mean it isn't real.

Isn't Project Blue Book related to Project Runway? When the military spent millions on sequins for Operation Fabulous?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter