Uh oh. Ariel at Akershus breakfast?

Thanks guys. And yes, I know about Ariel's Grotto of course, but my DC was really excited to see her in human and mermaid form. I guess we'll just have to chance it, and I'll tell her that she just might not be there.

BabyPiglet-

You may want to ask a cast member to call the character hotline the day before or the morning of to see if she will be there. If the cast member says they don't know what you are talking about, ask another CM. We did this several times on our two trips because we wanted to see certain characters, but didn't know where to find them. They should have a confirmed schedule by the afternoon before according to the CM's we talked to; the only change would be if someone had to call in sick first thing the morning of.

We had heard that she is at lunch and dinner more often than breakfast, so when we take DD, we are going to schedule lunch.

BabyPiglet said:
I know about Ariel's Grotto of course, but my DC was really excited to see her in human and mermaid form.

I know what you mean. DD wants to see her in her ball gown like all the other princesses (I wouldn't mind seeing her either since the only other way to see her in the ball gown is in a pareade, and that just isn't the same thing).

Hope you get to see her!

OP, best of luck meeting Ariel!! I know I would love to see her in her human gown!

I would approach it to your (niece, was it?), that the princesses who are there are the ones who were given a special invitation by Belle. Let her know ahead of time that Ariel is probably going to be busy that day, but you never know, she might be able to show up.

It really is exciting to see who's going to come out, even if the one you're hoping for isn't there. But then if she is, it's even more special. If you are *lucky* enough to see Ariel, that's even more special IMO than KNOWING she's going to be there.

Um, yes, I'm a grown up! :laughing: It might be different from a little kid's perspective. I try to set the expectation low ahead of time so that it's all a big extra if she shows up! Best of luck!

Shannon, yeah I think that'd be the best approach! I'll just inform her that she'll be pretty busy that day, and she might not have time to make it to breakfast. And if she's not, we can still go visit her at her grotto.

We, too, wanted to see Ariel at Akershus. Going strictly on anecdotal evidence, I noticed that lunch seemed to be a better bet than breakfast. In reading restaurant reviews here on these boards, I saw lots of instances of Ariel appearing at lunch, and very few of her appearing at breakfast. This was back in January of 08, for what it's worth.

We booked lunch, and sure enough, Ariel was there. We also saw Belle, Jasmine, Aurora and Pocahontas - just FYI.

When we went for breakfast last November, we did not have Ariel. We had Cinderella (who is one of dd's favorties, but we booked the CRT also because I was told Cinderella stayed in HER castle so imagine our surprise when we had her at both meals) My little girl was really wanting to see Ariel so we ended up waiting the near hour at MK to see her in the grotto. On our trip this year around spring break, we had dinner at Akershus and we were lucky enough to see Ariel again. I know some people see Ariel at breakfast, but I think she is more likely to be found at lunch and dinner.:lovestruc

After hearing from you guys, I went ahead and rescheduled it for lunch. I was really hoping that meeting Ariel was going to be one of the first things she experienced (the ADR was our first day.) but oh well. I guess I have a better chance at lunch now.

That is a shame you switched because I went there for breakfast last week and it was Ariel. They have switched out Mulan for Ariel. There was also Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Aurora.

My DD's favorite princess is Ariel so I made sure to tell her it was only a maybe that she would see her at the Akershus breakfast and that if she wasn't there we could go to the grotto (which I really didn't want to do). I reminded her many times that we would probably not see her at breakfast but we got lucky the last week of June this year and she was there, along with Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora. DD was soooo thrilled!

Of course I will probably jinx myself but we have seen her twice at Lunch at the Akershus and part of the reason we do lunch there is to see her. Although the Little Mermaid is "Norwegian" fairy tale so I am perplexed on why she is not there all the time. Good Luck

Someone please tell me they've went lately and have seen Ariel there. I was certain she was one of the princesses there, and I made a breakfast reservation just because of it. My 5 year old cousin just absolutely adores Ariel in every way, and she's so excited to eat breakfast with her.

I'm looking on allears now and she's not listed!

Hi there,
We were just there last Wednesday (7/29) and she was there! My daughter loved meeting her too. Hope you get to see her. Have a fun trip.:cutie:

Of course I will probably jinx myself but we have seen her twice at Lunch at the Akershus and part of the reason we do lunch there is to see her. Although the Little Mermaid is "Norwegian" fairy tale so I am perplexed on why she is not there all the time. Good Luck

It's Danish, not Norwegian.

In December 08, we saw bellle as the greeter, Mulan, Jasmine, Auror, and Snow White. This was for breakfast
I'm hoping when go back this month, we get to see Ariel.

Whoa... this is an old thread. I started reading it and wondering why people were sharing their experiences from 2008 and 2009! :p

Jimmy Mouse, your kids are adorable (and probably didn’t even exist in 2009! :rotfl:)

I went to WDW once in 2007 on a band trip in school and we booked Akershus for breakfast, and at breakfast, we saw Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White, and ARIEL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter