Ummm why are there no kids clubs at the resorts?

asgur5

Mouseketeer
This seems really bizarre to me. here you have probably the largest collection of families on holidays all in one spot on the entire planet and there are no kids clubs????

not only would i expect kids clubs but some of the most spetacular kids clubs of all time so parents can get a break from hauling kids around theme parks all day and go out and spend some alone time.

Plus kids cant go all day. They get tired. If there arent no kids clubs to give them downtime parents have to hang back with them in the rooms or pools not spending money.

if parents cant get their own time they will reduce the size of their wdw trip and find somewhere else to add on to the trip.

it seems like such an own goal by disney.

and disney has amazing kids clubs on their cruises but nothing at WDW?

whats the mystery here?

There may not be kids clubs but every DVc deluxe resort has a community center with lots of activities. My kids have gone for hours painting, coloring, ceramics, ty dye tshirts, etc. while I’m hanging at the pool, having a drink. No you Csnt just drop off kids and disappear but you can get some free time.

There may not be kids clubs but every DVc deluxe resort has a community center with lots of activities. My kids have gone for hours painting, coloring, ceramics, ty dye tshirts, etc. while I’m hanging at the pool, having a drink. No you Csnt just drop off kids and disappear but you can get some free time.
We love the community halls, but I thought I read that kids have to be 12 years old to be there without an adult? The community hall is great for family fun on a rainy day or non-park day though. We love scheduling down time into our vacations.

Many families use Kids Nite Out or other service to get some adult time without the kids.

They used to have a couple, I’m guessing if they were very profitable they would’ve had more rather than close the ones they had.

It appears to be only select resorts. I have never heard of this before and we’ve stayed at Poly and Beach Club. It would be nice if all deluxes had one because it sounds fun! As far as time away from the kids goes, we usually bring grandparents so we can get a date night.

My guess is that these closed due to liability issues. Probably just too much risk involved and not enough profit to justify it.

My kids - now adults Loved the kids club at the Poly and the Dolphin when they were little. I think the Dolphin may still have theirs but don't quote me on that. The first time we booked it DH and I were hesitant as it was a family vacation, but we booked a meal at Kona and the kids at the kid's club. Suffice to say they didn't want to leave when we were done with dinner! Every trip after that they would ask for "a night out for themselves."

I agree with you - they are so popular on the cruises I wonder why they don't bring back at least one?

It appears to be only select resorts. I have never heard of this before and we’ve stayed at Poly and Beach Club. It would be nice if all deluxes had one because it sounds fun! As far as time away from the kids goes, we usually bring grandparents so we can get a date night.

Boardwalk has one by the "quiet pool" that my young teen niece and nephew loved, it was especially nice for them as we were on a family reunion trip and this gave them something to do while some of the younger kids napped and us older folks took a pool, reading break. They played corn toss, ladder and did some crafts as well as the organized pool games at the main pool and checked out a few games for the room during downtime.

They used to have them at some of the deluxe resorts. I can't remember when they closed them, pretty sure it was pre-COVID
  • Simba’s Cubhouse at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Never Land Club/Lilo's at Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Cub’s Den at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Sandcastle Club at Disney's Yacht Club and Disney Beach Club Resort
  • Camp Dolphin at Walt Disney World Dolphin & Walt Disney World Swan Resorts
I think there was one at Grand Floridian, Mouseketeer Club that closed way before the others.

AND I think Camp Dolphin might still exist.

"Citing declining attendance at the extra-cost childcare facilities, Disney has set July 31 as their final day of operation, as the resort reevaluates its babysitting services. All current Children’s Activity Center reservations will be accommodated through July 31, 2018, after which the centers will be closed."

Last edited:
As others mentioned, the kids clubs closed even well before covid.

Although just prior to covid they still had a couple “kids only experiences” that were a few hours around dinner time.

One was a Pirate thing where the kids got to be pirates and ate dinner. It was something like 5-8pm. So not an all day/evening kids club, but enough for the parents to have a dinner alone. Those seem to have been a covid casualty and as far as I know haven’t come back.

My guess is that these closed due to liability issues. Probably just too much risk involved and not enough profit to justify it.
But wouodnt the dcl cruises face the same issues? They have them up and running nearly all day to late at night.

But wouodnt the dcl cruises face the same issues? They have them up and running nearly all day to late at night.

I think priorities shifted of people traveling to parks, so the kids clubs had fallen off in popularity and there isn't much at WDW that is solely for adults. People who want time away from their kids on vacation either bring in-laws or other family or do something else all together.

Not really. I feel like the cruise is a much more controlled, closed environment. It probably doesn't have the same level of safety/liability issues that a land based hotel that is open to the public would have. Think about things like building fires, intruders, people gaining access to the club/kids who shouldn't (workers who aren't vetted kids club attendants, for example). Daycare centers have pretty strict licensing requirements and I imagine it's hard to maintain this as a "side gig" for a Disney hotel. It's probably harder to properly vet employees too.

DVC community halls are located at BLT, AKL-Kidani, BWV, OKW, SSR they have sort of one at RIV.

I believe @Wendysofftoneverland is correct that they have to be over 12 to go by themselves.

DS loves to do crafts there (I think he painted 3 Disney Fridge Magnets for $10. Cheapest souvenirs on property!! :) ) and they also have game systems there for older kids.

I think priorities shifted of people traveling to parks, so the kids clubs had fallen off in popularity and there isn't much at WDW that is solely for adults. People who want time away from their kids on vacation either bring in-laws or other family or do something else all together.
Right; one of the main misions of the parks is to create a place for the whole family to play together. Segregating kids and parents doesn't really advance that philosophy.

Riviera Community room is amazing. Every single time we have gone, the staff has been fantastic. They are great with kids and even make the adults feel like kids as well. I really can't praise that staff enough for the good work they do.

Riviera Community room is amazing. Every single time we have gone, the staff has been fantastic. They are great with kids and even make the adults feel like kids as well. I really can't praise that staff enough for the good work they do.
Good to know!! When we were there I didn't see a couch and a movie playing just some tables for coloring etc.

My guess is just a difference in mindset. When most families plan a WDW trip they are thinking they’ll experience the parks together and don’t want their kids to miss anything (since most families may only be planning one day per park). Whereas when families plan a cruise they may be thinking more about relaxation. Also there’s less of a pressure to fit a lot in one day, so it’s easier to do some activities with your kids and some without.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter