Underground economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when the person putting the rest of us in danger is supposedly an emt/ fireman. Like anyone would care what his hair looked like if he gives them covid 19.

"Supposedly" is the key word here!!

I have three cousins and a nephew that are firemen/EMT's. My brother in law is one of top guys of the State Police in his state. His wife, my sister in law is a state trooper. We have very good friends here in NH that serve in the police force and fire department, that we met over the years through our kids sports. We have been in touch with all of these people in the last month. They are most definitely NOT acting like the guy here!!! Heck, I don't think I even know anyone that goes to Wal-mart to spend an hour for "fun" much less in the middle of a pandemic!!! Uh, no thank you!! Ha, ha!!!

I have three cousins and a nephew that are firemen/EMT's. My brother in law is one of top guys of the State Police in his state. His wife, my sister in law is a state trooper. We have very good friends here in NH that serve in the police force and fire department, that we met over the years through our kids sports. We have been in touch with all of these people in the last month. They are most definitely NOT acting like the guy here!!! Heck, I don't think I even know anyone that goes to Wal-mart to spend an hour for "fun" much less in the middle of a pandemic!!! Uh, no thank you!! Ha, ha!!!
Talk to my neighbor the state trooper that spent the day on a golf outing. Yeah. We have not stopped living. We do our jobs and then go home and have a life. It’s ok to disagree. That’s what makes the world go round.

Seriously. Our Police Chief is not accepting any bull from her officers right now. She's freaking awesome.

When people get upset about others not social distancing it is because your choices could effect or kill me or my loved ones. Your decisions effect everyone else, and my life isn’t worth trading for your haircut or trip to the golf course. You may be OK with my family dying so you can get a hair cut, but I am not. I do understand that what I say won’t mean anything to do, you don’t care about my opinion, but here it is.

Talk to my neighbor the state trooper that spent the day on a golf outing. Yeah. We have not stopped living. We do our jobs and then go home and have a life. It’s ok to disagree. That’s what makes the world go round.

Okay, this is getting tiresome!

But, I need to point out that I have a "life" as well as many other folks that are abiding by the SAH orders of our states.

Many of us can have a "life" even if we aren't going to Walmart everyday, or home stores, or ammo/gun shops, or getting haircuts, or letting our kids have a bunch of kids over to our homes for sleep overs!!

I haven't worked in almost a month and while, I am sad/scared for our country, I am living a great life!!

I have so many fulfilling things right at my own home. I wont bother to list them all here, because it too much!! I have had a busy, and fulfilling month, I certainly have a "life" without running all over Gods creation!!

Today was the first Easter in my 52 years that I didn't spend it with my Mom and brother and the first time in about 25 years that I didn't host Easter for my extended family. But we still had an awesome day!!! The weather was great here in NH and even though my boys are in their 20's the four of us had a blast!! We had an egg hunt (yes, an adult kid egg hunt!!) played home run derby with wiffle balls, frisbee, golf (we have a massive hay field that we use for a driving range) ping pong on our ping pong table in our garage and my husband and sons played some street hockey and played catch with the baseball. Was it the day I wanted? No, but due to the pandemic we adapted and did fun things right here at our home with just the four of us!

All the golf courses in NH are closed. Obviously that isn't the case for Ohio, so yeah for your buddy the police officer!

Its one thing to "disagree", and its another thing to skirt around the SAH orders and then brag about it on a Disney board!! I really don't believe much of what you have shared, but obviously it makes you feel good to let everyone know how important it is to you, to do things that we have clearly been asked NOT to do.

Me and my family? We are going to abide by the stay at home order. We aren't going to wander Walmart, get haircuts in someone's garage, have a bunch of kids over for a sleep over (on the night before Easter, no less!!! Ha!!!!) get more of the much needed ammo etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
This firefighter thought Covid was nothing to worry about.

Story is from same group of firefighters as other article. More firefighters tested positive after this story was written.

https://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/harrison-county/article241817171.html
Biloxi Firefighter thought he had a sinus infection at first, but it turned out to be COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
He had the sniffles and a dry cough, but no fever at first, so he thought it was the high pollen messing with sinuses, or at worst, the flu.
Soon, the 37-year-old who is usually in good health was having trouble catching his breath.
A firefighter in Biloxi for nearly five years, reached out to healthcare providers to share his symptoms when his fever started to spike.
That was over two weeks ago, when he first started feeling bad. Over the days that followed, his temperature would spike off and on to as high as 103 degrees.
He is now one of four Biloxi firefighters to test positive for the coronavirus.

“It’s just like you’ve had the worst flu in the world, and your taste buds are shot, ” he said. “There were three of four days there where it had me so down and out that I thought I felt pretty good after that. I feel a lot better today, but I’m nowhere near 100%.”
Now, his wife, has the same symptoms and he’s almost certain she, too, has the virus. She’s consulting with a healthcare provider and will likely be tested herself.
He is just hoping their son doesn’t catch it, too.
In the meantime, He and his wife are self-isolating at home, mostly in their bedroom, and their son is staying in his upstairs bedroom away from his parents.

He doesn’t know where he caught the virus, but said he was one of those people who didn’t really take the coronavirus that seriously at first.
Now, he has some advice for others:
“If you don’t have to leave the house, there is no point in going out right now,” he said. “I would just stay at home and try to protect yourself and your family. It seems like the sooner everyone does that, we will all be better off.”
He said he also couldn’t imagine suffering from the same virus if he had a compromised immune system.

“If your breathing gets that bad, you could end in the hospital,” he said. “Just stay home.”
Since he’s been sick, He has kept up with his fellow firefighters fighting coronavirus and believes all them are on the road to recovery.

Last edited:
I need eye doctors to open!!! I ran out of contacts and it's been over a year so I need to visit the eye doctor before I can order more.

I HATE WEARING MY GLASSES!!!
:p
Have you checked with yourstate recentl? A week or two after ordering ll nonessential businesses closed, Massachusetts expanded "essential" to include opticians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter