Unique Baby Girls names??

Goofy22

DIS Veteran
HI!Question for anyone do you have any suggestions on some unique but not so unique Baby Girls names? My Niece is pregnant and she found out she is having a girl and would like some suggestions for different names that aren't so common but not so different that you are going to be blown away when you hear it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1st grade teacher here (15 years of teaching):

Some names that you think might be popular but actually aren't (around here anyway):

Mary (have never had a Mary in my class)
Marie (never had a Marie either)
Susan (nope, never)

One unique name I did have one year was "Uniqueca"...I'm not kidding.

I only know one student named "Summer" --I think that's very pretty.
I also like "Kylie" & "Alexa" but those are becoming popular around here.

I saw girl wearing a name tag at the zoo that said Unique Hollywood (+ a last name). No kidding.

When coming up with names for our daughter I liked Caitlin, Kiley, Riley, Aimee, Brooke, Mackenzie (was really hooked on this one), Ariel......I also tried to mesh my hubbys name and mine, and tried to think of nicknames/mean names that kids might make up for each name. While watching CSI Miami one night I heard the name Caleigh and for some reason at that moment it stuck (pregnancy horomones??). We ended up with Callie-there arent too many of those, and its a mesh of our names (Charley and Alison). Now when asked her name, some people come back with Kelly?

alison

I like the unique names but DH was not so crazy about them. For a girl I like a name I have only heard one time, Kreighton. I think they used a C but I like the K. It wqas struck down by everyone in the family but I still love it. I like unisex first name for a girl then use a feminine middle name. I like Dyllon or Dallas or Peyton.for a girl. I Love Kolby. Kennedy and Karrigan are good too. Some of the really pretty names of the 80's are not longer so popular such as Jennifer or Kimberly if you like those.

Some girls name around here at least that have gotton so popular are:
Makayla or 1oo differnt spelling of that one
Chloe
Emily
olivia

Good luck and have fun naming here!!!!

JOrdan's mom

When our twins were born (boys), we had conversation with my doctor about baby names (she was due to deliver her daughter a week later). She said one of her patients named her daughter Chlamydia. No kidding. Poor kid.

A couple great girls' names are Arizona or Davan (feminine form of David. Pronounced Dah-vin, one little girl I knew pronounced her name Day-vin, which I like better).

When naming my daughter, I preferred the unique(but not so unique) names also, so a few I came up with were Madison, Molly, Cassandra, Lacey, and Jordan. :rolleyes: All turned down by my husband, but we finally agreed on Baylee. :goodvibes
I absolutely loved Kelly, but have a niece and a cousin by that name, so it was out.

Considering I had all boys and couldn't ever use any of my girl names.
Here are a few of my favs.
Elise
Caitlin
Micah
Chloe

We have Welsh heritage, so I researched names with Welsh origins or meanings and found Brynna. It also has variants in Scottish (Brenna) and Irish (Brinna). Her middle name is after my mother, so her full (and quite pretty, imho) name is Brynna Rose.

My sister came up with some pretty, yet unique names for her girls:

Jae (pronounced Jay)
Kylie

Good luck, I thought picking a name was the hardest part of my pregnancies! :rotfl2:

My daughter's name is Savannah.

Other girl names I like....

Brynlea
Kaia
Bailey
Arianna

My mom's name is Kendall. If I ever have a daughter she'll be named for my mom. I love the fact that she'll probably be the only one in her class, yet it's easy to spell, easy to pronounce etc . . . I know I could use Kendall for a boy, but somehow naming my son for Grandma doesn't seem right. :confused3

Other "uncommon" names I like include Adrianna, Genevieve, Amelia, Natalia, Daria, Sonya, Ayanna and Miriam.

I have two boys, but the girls names we liked while I was pregnant were Avery and Kealey. Love both of them...

Amy

molly2004 said:
When our twins were born (boys), we had conversation with my doctor about baby names (she was due to deliver her daughter a week later). She said one of her patients named her daughter Chlamydia. No kidding. Poor kid.

OMG, wait til I tell DH! :rotfl2: That his his favorite joke of all time..."I named her Chlamydia because I saw it on my chart." Can't believe someone really did that. :lmao:

Used to work labor&delivery and come home and tell DH all of the crazy names I heard. (Sorry if you are a DISer) but the all-time winner was boy/girl twins with the last name pronounced "Jello"- LeMon and L'Orange.

Seriously, I like names that aren't too popular but not really out there. In my daughters' classes there are a boatload of Haleys and Kaileys, Taylors, Brittneys, Allisons,
Morgans, and Hannahs.

One of my DDs has one of those names but it was DHs turn to pick a name and he was considering Gladys, Beatrice, and Gertrude(WTH?)so when he said the above I quickly agreed. :teeth:

There was a mermaid on Charmed named Mylee I always thought that was pretty and haven't seen it in any baby name books.

My daughter's name is: Bryleigh Kate

We were going to name her Bryleigh Reed, but my aunt passed away prior to her birth so we named her middle name after her.

I like classic names. When naming my children I used the test asking how the name would sound on an older person. Names ending with "y" or "ie" sounded wrong for older people. Also, anything that is difficult or confusing to spell was right out. I don't want to have to correct people or spell out a name for them every time I say it. I love the names Tova and Sarah.

Here are some that are really popular here now, so if she's looking for unique, don't choose these (although I do really like some): Alexa/Alexi/Alexandra, Bailey, Brianna, Caitlin, Emma, Emily, Hannah, Jillian, Katie, Kayla, Kaya, Lily, Madison, Mikayla, Molly, Olivia, Sara.

Here are some we considered for DD: Alaina, Allie, Bethany, Bridget, Ella, Gwenyth, Lindsay, Sophie.

We chose Caileen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter