Unique Guestbook Ideas?

One_Song

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions for an alternative to the traditional guestbook? Fi and I had originally liked the idea of each guest posing for a polaroid and writing a message on it; however, a lot of sources say polaroid film won't last well. Or did anyone skip a guestbook altogether? Any regrets?

Our photo package included a guestbook made with our epics, and while I know a lot of brides do that, so many of our guests had never seen it before and thought it was the greatest idea. Even one of DH's friends asked if she could steal the idea when her time comes :laughing:, I said sure, I wasn't the one who came up with it. But I like that it is relatively small, we have it in our living room and people can just flip through it if they like.

I do like having the guestbook, it was fun to read what everyone wrote.

My friend did the photo of the guest and then they sign the page, she still hasn't finished assembling it and she was married four years ago...given my own scrapbook history, I can't blame her :rolleyes1.

Yeah, it's not exactly unique, but I vote for the photo guest book as well. We made a big coffee table book of our engagement photos on Blurb and left space for our guests to sign in. I love going back through it to see what people wrote, and I like that there was space for them to do more than just sign their names—a few of the artists even drew stuff!

We are doing something similar to the idea.

My fiance's BM is a great artist. I have asked him to paint a tree- actually its the 100 year old tree with a tire swing, which resides beautifully in our back yard.

At the wedding I will have a table set up with ink pads ( in orange, yellow, red) where people will dip their thumbs into and make "leaves" on the tree and sign their name. The painted tree will be bare friends and family will fill in our tree :)

The BM will also pain our dog and four ducks at the base of the tree along with our initials in a heart in the middle of the tree :)

When we get home I plan to frame it and hang it over our fireplace:lovestruc

Don't worry there will instructions and and hand wash :cool1:

Check this out if your interested

http://lyanavoteyphotography.wordpr...-book-not-a-book-when-its-a-fingerprint-tree/

It's funny bc DF and I were just discussing this the other day! It may seem childish, but we ordered a "create your own" 9'' vinylmation the other night. Since we are having an escape wedding with not many guests, we are planning on having our guests sign it so we can keep in displayed with all our other wedding momentos in our home. We are planning on having an actual guest book for our at home reception since we will be having about 150 guests, but I just loved the idea of the vinylmation :cool1:

We are doing 9" vinylmations as well. We are getting a black and white one and making them "bride and groomish". Both df and I are big vinylmation fans, so it definately suits us!

YAY for another Vinylmation user!!! Our colors are pink, teal and brown... so we went with pink. We also got it on sale the other day for $14.99!!!! I was so excited that I almost fell out of my chair!!:rotfl2:

We are doing something similar to the idea.

My fiance's BM is a great artist. I have asked him to paint a tree- actually its the 100 year old tree with a tire swing, which resides beautifully in our back yard.

At the wedding I will have a table set up with ink pads ( in orange, yellow, red) where people will dip their thumbs into and make "leaves" on the tree and sign their name. The painted tree will be bare friends and family will fill in our tree :)

The BM will also pain our dog and four ducks at the base of the tree along with our initials in a heart in the middle of the tree :)

When we get home I plan to frame it and hang it over our fireplace:lovestruc

Don't worry there will instructions and and hand wash :cool1:

Check this out if your interested

http://lyanavoteyphotography.wordpr...-book-not-a-book-when-its-a-fingerprint-tree/

I really love this idea. I have seen similar ideas on etsy, in particular one where the thumb prints are used to make balloons carrying away the house from Up.

I saw the thumbprint tree first and really liked it, but I'm worried it will get messy, especially with kids.

I created a Shutterfly photo book with romantic movie quotes. My guests loved it, and I love looking at it still. you can view it here:

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2BZMWzZu3ZPbA

We are having a photobooth at the wedding and part of the package is a scrapbook. When the photos print out there's two strips side by side of the same pics. The guests cut one of the strips off, glue it in the scrapbook and write a message.

my fiance saw a Disney Wedding somewhere in which they used a football replica helmet (they are like $100 for one online) of an NFL team that people signed. My fiance is a HUGE Dallas fan, so of course he loved that idea. I'm not really sure what I want to do though :/ I like the coffee table photobook idea -- might be more 'practical'

We are having a photobooth at the wedding and part of the package is a scrapbook. When the photos print out there's two strips side by side of the same pics. The guests cut one of the strips off, glue it in the scrapbook and write a message.

We are going to do the photobooth guestbook too because my fiance's family is so huge it will help us remember who everyone is :yay:

I also did a "photobooth" but with a little twist - www.photomingle.com. They are going to print me out an album with all the pictures and that will serve as my guest book. They are absolutely awesome and my guests had a blast with it!

Thanks ladies! I'm loving these ideas! I already checked out Blurb, and we really like the idea of having a photo book.

The tree idea sounds amazing. Has anyone done this with lots of guests? We're expecting somewhere between 100-130.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter