Universal with Disney

rmclain73

Mouseketeer
Next year we will be doing a Saturday to Saturday trip. We will be staying in the Disney Springs area. We want to visit UO and IOA as well. We will get Express Pass.

For those who have done a Disney and Universal trip in one week, I am curious as to your strategy or itinerary.

This past MLK week we did 2 days Universal plus 2 days Disney. We drove on a Saturday, arriving in the evening, so aside from squeezing in a couple of hours on arrival day, our main "in-park" days were a Sunday, a Monday which was the actual MLK holiday, and a Tuesday and Wednesday. We decided to put Universal first even though weekends and holidays are more crowded, with the reasoning that the (Unlimited) Express Pass is a more powerful weapon than Genie+ and ILL$, and I think we made the right choice. My subjective impression is that we saw lower crowds at Disney as the week wore on, but that the EPs made up for higher traffic in Uni.

Note, if you're talking about purchasing EP, there are two tiers: one that lets you ride each ride only once and one that gives unlimited everything. If your trip is short, there might be little difference, since you might not have a lot of time for re-rides, and those you want you could do by waiting until park close. But you might consider booking a room at a premier resort for one night so you get two days of unlimited EP.

We went for Hard Rock hotel for two nights, then moved out to Floridays to enjoy having two bedrooms during the Disney days.

Next year we will be doing a Saturday to Saturday trip. We will be staying in the Disney Springs area. We want to visit UO and IOA as well. We will get Express Pass.

For those who have done a Disney and Universal trip in one week, I am curious as to your strategy or itinerary.
Best strategy is to do a split trip & add U via booking a deluxe there that includes EP for a night or two the end of the trip.

FYI Booking one night, does give you two days EP. Many noobs, after doing the math, are surprised at the overall savings and convenience.

otherwise, if a day guest, the strategy really does depend on if you have a P2P ticket, what time of year/day of week/your family’s priorities. Arrival & length of time spent as well as dining type (some venues always seem to take much longer than others - Toothsome, simpsons & reichter’s burgers, I’m looking at you :rolleyes1 even if ordering online) also comes into play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter