Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
Last updated Febuary 2024

Universal's Epic Universe - Opening 2025

ueu1.PNG

Epic Universe is Universal's newest theme park, and the first new Universal park to open in Florida since 1999. The park will be located on 750 acres of land south of Universal Orlando Resort. The park will feature a hub and spoke system, similar to that of the Magic Kingdom at WDW. There will be five immersively themed worlds and a hotel at the time of opening. Between the hub and each world will be a "portal" that you will enter through.

Celestial Park
ueu3.PNG
Guests will embark on a journey of discovery, thrills and excitement in a world between worlds where breathtaking gardens, dancing fountains and stellar attractions inspired by astronomical and mythological elements create imaginative sensory delights.

Attractions:
Starfall Racers
Carousel
Wet Play Area

Super Nintendo World
ueu8.PNG
Guests will experience a new way to play, from challenging Bowser on the Mario Kart ride to venturing through Donkey Kong Country, and so much more.

How To Train Your Dragon - Isle of Berk
ueu5.PNG
Guests will take to the skies and soar with dragons as they explore the colorful Viking village at the heart of Berk, where they can take part in wild boat battles, feast like a Viking and more.

Dark Universe
ueu6.PNG
Guests will encounter everything from the experiments of Dr. Victoria Frankenstein to a shadowy landscape where monsters roam in this world of myth and mystery.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic
ueu7.PNG
In Universal Epic Universe, guests will explore the magical streets of 1920s Paris and embark on a new experience at the British Ministry of Magic.

Universal Helios Grand Hotel
ueu4.PNG
A spectacular world of celestial patterns and dazzling constellations – complete with 500 guest rooms, one-of-a-kind views of Epic Universe and its very own dedicated entrance into the theme park.

For more information please watch Universal's announcement video!

More concept art on posts #217, #218, #220, and #221 (Pages 11 and 12)

Last edited:

Anyone see an expected opening date time frame? I've read around and haven't seen anything.

Looking at the concept art, this is going to be a different type of theme park. There are only 4 lands, a hotel that looks to be inside the park(?)
And a more hub and spoke style similar to magic kingdom.

Now looking at the dueling coaster next to How to Train your Dragon, maybe this will be a new version of Dueling Dragons?

Just the sheer size of this park blows me away. from the aerial photos ive seen, and civil outlines it didn't look that large. The fact it's about the same size as the entire existing Universal footprint is mind boggling and my legs are already in pain thinking about the walking. I've seen estimates of 2023 which seems like a long time but when you factor in that some of these coasters take a year plus to build, it's not that surprising.

Now looking at the dueling coaster next to How to Train your Dragon, maybe this will be a new version of Dueling Dragons?

As long as it is an actual "dueling" coaster, as the original Dueling Dragons were. While the coasters were still great, a lot of it's unique wow factor was lost once they stopped the dueling aspect.

Just the sheer size of this park blows me away. from the aerial photos ive seen, and civil outlines it didn't look that large. The fact it's about the same size as the entire existing Universal footprint is mind boggling and my legs are already in pain thinking about the walking. I've seen estimates of 2023 which seems like a long time but when you factor in that some of these coasters take a year plus to build, it's not that surprising.

As a reminder, all of this is including restaurants, shops, hotels, and the park included. Which if they were smart they wouldn't use it all in one go anyway and save some of the land for the future.

damn it, thought it was official, got all excited

At this rate "rumors" might be the only way we can get any information.

I'm just glad there IS a new park announcement. And no more "of course, Universal is building a new park on that plot of land we've been waiting on forever, including selling and re-purchasing. Nah, rumors." We may not have details yet, but eventually we will know. I've never gone to the opening of a brand new theme park, and since my Dad lives in the Orlando area, I am already making my plans to be there. Whenever that might be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter