• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
damn it, thought it was official, got all excited

A lot of the stuff mentioned has been highly rumoured like Fantastic Beasts, Nintendo World and Classic Monsters. Not heard of the How to Train Your Dragon rumours before but it's just best not to take that map as official confirmation until it comes from Universal Studios themselves.

I'm intrigued by the hotel, it looks gorgeous and handy being so close to the park.

It looks like if that is the Fantastic Beasts area, that it appears to be a city setting. New York makes the most sense, as it's the original city setting (since the other films are going to be set in different locations throughout it seems). If that is the case might be a MACUSA attraction. However, whether being FB, or not, the attraction building looks massive when you look at the high res picture and ignore that the fact that the fireworks is blocking half of the building which makes me intrigued.

Looking at the renderings, it looks like they are leaving *a lot* of room for expansion

The CEO stated in the Conference that they are leaving plenty of room for future development. Which is smart because should Ilvermorny be revealed in Fantastic Beasts, Universal will want to add that castle

It does look like that lower left land is Nintendo/Mushroom Kingdom. The entrance to the land even looks like you'll be walking through a warp tube to enter, which has my little nerd heart bursting.

If the renderings are at all accurate, there are also at least 2 very large expansion plots. I'm sure they're hoping to add to Nintendo and Fantastic Beasts in the future.

I updated the first post, but I'm not sure how to get rid of the very bottom where it says "attachments"

Posted this over in WDW rumors thread, but I plotted the outline in google earth. Looks like 1.2 square miles, which matches the 750 acre comment (I got 740 acres).
View attachment 421971
Im not very familiar with Orlando other than studying google earth. What is the huge facility west of their land? Looks like a nearly abandoned factory. Looks like a good oppurtonituy for future expansion of another park.

For those more familiar with the Orlando area, what's the distance between the new park and the others? Are we talking about an Animal Kingdom situation or farther?

Love their statement at the press conference "A universe is bigger than a world". :rotfl2:

Universal threw serious shade at WDW with that comment. :laughing:

I'm a huge WDW fan and haven't been to Universal in about ten years. But with Disney's rising prices, huge crowds, taking more away, etc., we've been talking about a Universal trip, instead of WDW, next time. This almost seals the deal. We only go to WDW every 3 years or more so this is good with us. We will just switch it out.

Typical Universal. Make a big announcement without telling you anything at all lol

Can we at least talk about how horrible that name is?

The rumored one sounded so much better.

Im not very familiar with Orlando other than studying google earth. What is the huge facility west of their land? Looks like a nearly abandoned factory. Looks like a good oppurtonituy for future expansion of another park.

I believe it's Lockheed Martin facilities. Neither abandoned nor owned by Universal to use.

That's a Lockheed Martin plant. They make stuff like defense for the U.S government.

For those more familiar with the Orlando area, what's the distance between the new park and the others? Are we talking about an Animal Kingdom situation or farther?
The distance from the middle of the new complex to the current resort is roughly 2.5 miles. The distance from magic kingdom to animal kingdom is roughly 4.2 miles.

Posted this over in WDW rumors thread, but I plotted the outline in google earth. Looks like 1.2 square miles, which matches the 750 acre comment (I got 740 acres).
View attachment 421971
Very impressive.
This is what it would look like with those new roads from the bus map20190801_130945.jpg

And this is just what I think the layout could be20190801_131312.jpg
Green circle is the park. Blue is the hotel and yellow is for any new shops/restaurants. Or theme park expansion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter