Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I just noticed today that we have 2 step verification options for logging in.. We like having the extra step.

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday and I was okay for the first hours until I got sensitive to light levels and my sinus headache had pain increase with the shot side effect. 2 tyenols spaced later..I can tolerate some screen time. The pollens levels were bad even our poor dog had been sneezing a lot.

Dh gets his second dose Moderna in 9 days...then both us get fully vaccinated status and maybe we can plan some fun this summer (dh has to finish his security plus tests plus take another recertification).

Hope y'all are doing well.

:flower1:
Congrats on being "double stuck". Hope the residual side effects go away quickly. Pollen counts have been high here in NJ too, so I've been dealing with an always-somewhat-runny nose, terrible postnasal drip (which makes me clear my throat so much it get s sore), and itchy/watery eyes. Had not had a sinus headache in awhile (used to get them on the regular), but have had a couple in the last few months. Tylenol Sinus is my savior - no other brand works as well.

I've been fully vaccinated since February 9, 2021 with Moderna, and definitely felt side effects after the second shot including chills, major fatigue, and cramping.

However, the next day I felt like a million dollars. I'm sure with the J&J news out it's going to make people a lot more hesitant, and I get that. I respect everyone's reasoning for making their personal choices, I just felt like even I could even slightly reduce the risk to bringing it home to my baby I would!

Besides having anxiety due to last week's gas situation on the Florida panhandle, it was nice to take a few days and head "north" to Panama City Beach. I have stayed here before about 6-8 years ago when working with the military (there is a Navy dive facility and Tyndall AFB). I have to say, Marriott Vacation Club's Legends Edge at Bay Point is so removed from the hustle and bustle of PCB. It really has me thinking about joining MVC, but the reviews I've read from owners are not encouraging.

thumbnail_IMG_20210510_191210_4.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210510_191122_9.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210510_192428_6.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210510_192013_2.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210510_191210_4.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210510_191122_9.jpg185027196_4334355553348628_4150519729054738367_n.jpg184612948_4334355463348637_7512713461650523365_n.jpg

Besides having anxiety due to last week's gas situation on the Florida panhandle, it was nice to take a few days and head "north" to Panama City Beach. I have stayed here before about 6-8 years ago when working with the military (there is a Navy dive facility and Tyndall AFB). I have to say, Marriott Vacation Club's Legends Edge at Bay Point is so removed from the hustle and bustle of PCB. It really has me thinking about joining MVC, but the reviews I've read from owners are not encouraging.

View attachment 575832View attachment 575833View attachment 575830View attachment 575831View attachment 575832View attachment 575833View attachment 575834View attachment 575836
Wow - gorgeous, thanx for sharing. Especially love the beautiful sunset. Glad you got some quality time away!

@WebmasterJackie I am posting this early (I believe the actual day is Monday the 19th?) but I didn't want to forget, so wanted to make sure I say I hope you have the most magical, pixie-dusted, healthy, full of love, happiness, surprises, and everything fantastic as you are birthday ever!! :bday: :cake: :flower1:
Socially distanced hugs from New Jersey.

Hi everyone. Covid life did a number on my mental health, so I have taken a break from Disney stuff in general. Sadly I need your prayers. My town is dealing with a massive fire. If you look up the River fire in California, that is my town. Thankfully my home is still there, the wind has been taking the fire away from me. Sadly some of my friends have not been so lucky. Please send all your prayers and good thoughts our way. Thank you! :hug:

Hi everyone. Covid life did a number on my mental health, so I have taken a break from Disney stuff in general. Sadly I need your prayers. My town is dealing with a massive fire. If you look up the River fire in California, that is my town. Thankfully my home is still there, the wind has been taking the fire away from me. Sadly some of my friends have not been so lucky. Please send all your prayers and good thoughts our way. Thank you! :hug:
@superme80 I am SO sorry this is happening to you, your town, your friends, and neighbors. I will send healing light and gentle hugs that way. This has been some terrible summer for wildfires, for sure. Smoke has made it all the way her to NJ several times. Hang in there! :hug:

@superme80 I am SO sorry this is happening to you, your town, your friends, and neighbors. I will send healing light and gentle hugs that way. This has been some terrible summer for wildfires, for sure. Smoke has made it all the way her to NJ several times. Hang in there! :hug:
Thank you. We are home now. They turned our power back on, so we headed back. My kids will be at my parent's until at least tomorrow. Smoke is awful. The fire is at 30% contained. Winds picking up a bit, but praying they stop. Thank you for all the prayers!

I know a lot of chatterati are based in SE Louisiana. Please know my thoughts are with you as Ida does whatever the Frell it's going to do. My parents are evacuating- and they haven't done that since 2005. (Y'all who are local know what I mean) Sending my love and support for the Gulf Coast!
Nicely done, I will add my supportive thoughts as well, to you parents, and all in Ida's path. We actually may face some remnants of her here in NJ next week, as we did from Henri recently. Of course NOTHING like LA.

So I feel ancient. I am now a parent of a teenager! My oldest just turned 13 today. I needed something to feel better. Meet Rosie!!!! I will try to get a better pic, but she never stops moving!!!!!

I missed the stream today. Wanted to wish everyone a blessed season of light, and bright wishes for a turning-the-page type of new year. I'm so ready for 2021 to be over, but I am also very glad that 2021 held the DIS fam reunion. I'm extremely grateful to have met and gotten to know better so many truly inspiring, wonderful people. Much love and oodles of hugs. And to those who have a hard time in these seasons of transitions... quiet support and warmth to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter