Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Really neat to be going through the World Showcase at 7AM listening to Star Wars music being played throughout the park!
Congrats on the run, Christy! We really need to get down for a RunDisney event one of these days.

Being a bit of a Disney purist, though, I'd kind of be bothered by them playing Star Wars music in World Showcase. It would just seem horribly out of place.

Congrats on the run, Christy! We really need to get down for a RunDisney event one of these days.

Being a bit of a Disney purist, though, I'd kind of be bothered by them playing Star Wars music in World Showcase. It would just seem horribly out of place.

I certainly wouldn't be okay with it on a regular basis...but with all of the Star Wars costumes and character meets, I found it to create a fun, unique atmosphere! And to me that's kinda of what these races are all about...access to a very different Disney experience!

I certainly wouldn't be okay with it on a regular basis...but with all of the Star Wars costumes and character meets, I found it to create a fun, unique atmosphere! And to me that's kinda of what these races are all about...access to a very different Disney experience!
Agreed. I hope we can do one sometime.

Yep! And that is why I keep doing them. It is a running experience like no other. They are quite expensive but they are a lot of fun and are a great atmosphere especially the bigger races when there are so many people out supporting the runners.

Yep! And that is why I keep doing them. It is a running experience like no other. They are quite expensive but they are a lot of fun and are a great atmosphere especially the bigger races when there are so many people out supporting the runners.
Yes! So fun and so much support from others, even when going solo.

I hope you do too!! This was my 5th (if you count the probowl Epcot race). This was my favorite for theming, but wow was it warm and humid. I'm looking forward to trying the January race weekend for the first time next year!
The January race weekend is so much fun. It is also the biggest race weekend. I am running Dopey for the 2nd time. You will have a lot of fun.

How did I not notice this thread until now? Just curious, does anyone play any musical instruments? Just a little bit behind my disboards name. You all know the saying "A pirates life for me." Well, I grew up playing piano and singing. I also started playing the saxophone when I was in 6th grade. Long story short, I ended up going to college for music education and my major instrument was saxophone. This is why my disboards name is "AMusicLifeForMe." It brings together my love for music and Disney.

How did I not notice this thread until now? Just curious, does anyone play any musical instruments? Just a little bit behind my disboards name. You all know the saying "A pirates life for me." Well, I grew up playing piano and singing. I also started playing the saxophone when I was in 6th grade. Long story short, I ended up going to college for music education and my major instrument was saxophone. This is why my disboards name is "AMusicLifeForMe." It brings together my love for music and Disney.
I play very basic piano, but I do sing. I have been involved in musical theater off and on for the past 17 years.

The Star Wars Dark Side 5K was so much fun on Friday! Maybe my favorite runDisney event I've done so far. Really neat to be going through the World Showcase at 7AM listening to Star Wars music being played throughout the park!

Hope everyone is doing well! :)
That's awesome Christy, congrats! I know the years when I was in the parks in January and I'd see the runners, I'd stand, yell, clap, and encourage them - especially 'cause I knew I could never do it!!

Anyone watch the show Bosch on Amazon Prime. We just started watching season 3 last night. My wife and I both really enjoy this series. Has anyone seen Titus Welliver in any other roles? He is perfect in the title role of Bosch.

Is there a podcast episode about table service restaurants in Disney Springs? I've searched and can't find it. I'd love a link if you have it.

Is there a podcast episode about table service restaurants in Disney Springs? I've searched and can't find it. I'd love a link if you have it.
They have done individual restaurants but never one on all table service restaurants. I think it would be very hard to do an episode about all of them together.

They have done individual restaurants but never one on all table service restaurants. I think it would be very hard to do an episode about all of them together.
Yeah I guess I could have been more clear. I am not looking for an episode with a review of every restaurant in Disney Springs. I'd just like to listen to their opinions on any table service there. I'll keep searching.

Gosh I've been away from this thread for awhile. Got back from our Celebration/Easter/Passover Disney trip. Super fun and we lucked out and got to see our niece play volleyball too. She happened to be playing at the North Concourse of the convention center while Celebration was in the West so on Saturday after standing in line for merch for 4 hours (ugh!) we headed over to watch her evening game.

Just my voice.... :) Hat's off to you - I couldn't get through music history classes.

Anyone watch the show Bosch on Amazon Prime. We just started watching season 3 last night. My wife and I both really enjoy this series. Has anyone seen Titus Welliver in any other roles? He is perfect in the title role of Bosch.

I started watching it; but didn't get back to it. That would have been the first season. What did you think of Annie Wershing? (Love interest? in first season)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter