Unusual and Inventive item ideas to pack

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
Now I know there have been dozens of threads about what not to pack, what not to forget, what you shouldn't leave home without ever, etc.

This Thread is strictly for those unusual items you have brought to use that others may not have thought of or have thought of to use in that way. We already know about the over the door shoe bag -- which can no longer be hung on the doors (dang it).

Here's mine: pack a drink carrier from a fast food restaurant for those trips to the drink station for multiple drinks. Makes balancing them back to the room a whole lot easier!

What's your's?

Last edited:
UNUSUAL AND INVENTIVE ITEM IDEAS TO PACK [could not change title once posted]

Now I know there have been dozens of threads about what not to pack, what not to forget, what you shouldn't leave home without ever, etc.

This Thread is strictly for those unusual items you have brought to use that others may not have thought of or have thought of to use in that way. We already know about the over the door shoe bag -- which can no longer be hung on the doors (dang it).

Here's mine: pack a drink carrier from a fast food restaurant for those trips to the drink station for multiple drinks. Makes balancing them back to the room a whole lot easier!

What's your's?
Clothes pins. To keep the curtains closed on the window.
Extra paper. For making comments on the comment card.
Personal water bottle. No need to lug a case of bottled water onboard.

Clothes pins. To keep the curtains closed on the window.
Extra paper. For making comments on the comment card.
Personal water bottle. No need to lug a case of bottled water onboard.

I like the clothes pins for the curtains. Never thought of that one! I mean, I bring clothespins, but never thought to use them on the curtains LOL

We brought a small wireless bluetooth speaker on our Hawaii cruise last year, it was so great at the beach on excursions. We got it at Target on sale for less than $30, it was a Bose, worked perfectly with our phones downloaded music.
We used at Aulani before hand too.

We also bring clothes pegs for various things (including hanging up swimwear and keeping the curtains drawn). We also bring a rechargeable nightlight (ours came from Ikea-- you charge the battery up beforehand and it lasts for days), some dishwashing liquid in an old travel shampoo bottle (to wash up reusable mugs, etc.) and a fold-up water bottle.

I bring a small travel bottle of Febreze and spray my dirty clothes before I back them away to travel home. I've also used the Febreze to spray the couch or bed down just to make sure I use it all so I don't have to bring it home.

no speakers please

That was my thought, also. I bring speakers (small), but just for me to use in my room (need my music to fall asleep). And I keep it low. Much prefer beach time with beach sounds (waves, birds, wind).

If you read what I wrote, it said " for the beach excursions" when we are sitting on the beach not near anyone else.
I wouldn't be rude enough to use a speaker out on deck.

This is a thread that asked what you bring that is unusual.
I didn't see anywhere where it said, " go head, and make comments on what you don't want to bring.

***I said it was on our Hawaii cruise, we did not go to CC.*****
I would never play music sitting that close to someone else, that would be rude. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter