Unusual and Inventive item ideas to pack

Not if you fly! I had a shirt ruined and a piece of luggage that still smells of that because it leaked even after having it triple-bagged.

Wow! What kind of bags were you using that it leaked out of all of them to ruin a shirt?! I’ll be sure not to buy those bags :guilty:
I usually have no issues with the travel sized ones , but I’ll make sure to bag it up in case of any leaks.

So my contribution:
Ear plugs for creaky staterooms

collapsible water bottles for port adventures and walking around the boat

Ginger chews from Trader Joe’s or world market for upset stomach or nausea

Also, quick question while I’m here . Anyone know what gift they’re giving for gold status members ? I’m debating on whether to bring an extra duffle bag to bring home souvenirs.

Thanks!

Wow! What kind of bags were you using that it leaked out of all of them to ruin a shirt?! I’ll be sure not to buy those bags :guilty:
I usually have no issues with the travel sized ones , but I’ll make sure to bag it up in case of any leaks.

So my contribution:

Also, quick question while I’m here . Anyone know what gift they’re giving for gold status members ? I’m debating on whether to bring an extra duffle bag to bring home souvenirs.

Thanks!

Name-brand ziplocks that has all been sealed and air squeezed out of them.

So my contribution:

Thanks!
Still the sling bag + luggage tags

Paper cone cups, like from a water cooler, with the tips cut off.

Each becomes a one-time-use sanitary funnel to fill my HydroFlask at the beverage station.

Faster than using the little DCL cups to fill the bottle, and you don’t lose nearly as much carbonation in the process. And the CMs don’t give me the side-eye since my bottle never touches the lever or the nozzle.

Joining -

BTW - I've taught school for 34 years and I never worry about germs. Kind of worried I'll lose my immunity when I retire.
Probably true - whenever my DH and I go to Disney, even if we have our flu shots, we get sick and and lose at least one day! We have no kids and no regular exposure to kids.

Probably true - whenever my DH and I go to Disney, even if we have our flu shots, we get sick and and lose at least one day! We have no kids and no regular exposure to kids.

Odds are you are getting noro or another bug and not the flu. Especially if it is only one day you lose.

Just start with AirBorne daily for a couple of weeks before to help boost immunity.

Odds are you are getting noro or another bug and not the flu. Especially if it is only one day you lose.

Just start with AirBorne daily for a couple of weeks before to help boost immunity.
Thanks we will definitely try that, but one year it took us almost 1 month to recover - I ended up in the hospital.

I always ask our doctor, prior to trips, to see if there are any vaccines needed for whatever countries we are visiting. So far, the Caribbean didn't require any special vaccinations, other than just getting the flu shot.

Shout wipes and suction cup hooks to hang wet clothes on inside the tub/shower. I don't care for the drooping clothes line where all swimwear ends up bunched together in the middle.

Poo pourri spray for the bathroom!

Not sure it's been mentioned already, but also the Yankee Candle solid room freshner that you can hang up -- there are the cardboard type ones people use in the cars, and the ones that are a gel in plastic. It's nice because they really work well on a small space like that.

.....and don’t forget the knob that puts the tray table down. I read that’s the dirtiest thing. I too have been asked by my neighbors for an extra. I carry a good sized packet and use them to wipe down balcony rails and veranda furniture that sometimes get sticky

.....and don’t forget the knob that puts the tray table down. I read that’s the dirtiest thing. I too have been asked by my neighbors for an extra. I carry a good sized packet and use them to wipe down balcony rails and veranda furniture that sometimes get sticky

And for balcony furniture (or even airplane seats), we have found these invaluable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057B13TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are a great help if your balcony furniture gets sooty or dusty -- keeps it off your clothes.

Just back from a Fjords cruise. I took one of the big Ikea bags for laundry, it worked great! We kept it under the bed to use like a hamper, then used it to hold laundry when done, it held 2 loads folded perfectly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter