UOAP pricing

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
I know it's a brave new world out there, but are the current AP prices pretty stable, based on history of when ticket prices go up?

I know that the extra 3 mos free deal goes until 9/30/2020. I intend to make my purchase in mid Sep, since our trip is not until late January 2021. Obviously, there are low price incentives to get people in the parks now (Buy a day, go every day), and the 15 month deal on APs is a great way to get money now for services rendered well into the future (a friend called and was told they had until 2022 to activate).

Just don't want to wait and get caught out on a price increase.

This year being what it is, I think things are very up in the air. If I had to guess they'll leave prices alone. Parks are hurting for attendance being below expectations of their currently reduced capacity. The new local ticket promo of unlimited visits this year for the price of one day is evidence of that IMO.

To me it would make no sense to increase UOAP prices this year with that other ticket promo going on. But who knows......

It would not surprise me if there is an increase in ticket prices, but I would expect that later in the year or after the first of the year. The Dis Unplugged podcast has mentioned that they are all but expecting a ticket price increase from Disney around the same time frame. It would be bad from an optics perspective to do it now, but I would believe they all will increase it quietly when they can to help recoup the massive losses they've all seen this year. We've already seen cost cutting across the board, so price increases go hand-in-hand with that.

It would not surprise me if there is an increase in ticket prices

Totally expecting a price increase, but I know that it often happens in the Feb timeframe. That's what I'm hoping this time. I try to buy our summer trip tickets the first week of Feb in order to beat the increases. This is the first time I've even looked at the AP prices, bc I know Disney's are scary high. This looks super doable.

While it’s not listed as a sale, three park AP prices are discounted a bit right now. For non Florida residents you can get an seasonal pass for $30 less than they cost a few months ago. The higher tiers have higher discounts.

Oh that's interesting!!

Totally expecting a price increase, but I know that it often happens in the Feb timeframe. That's what I'm hoping this time. I try to buy our summer trip tickets the first week of Feb in order to beat the increases. This is the first time I've even looked at the AP prices, bc I know Disney's are scary high. This looks super doable.
Yes, just after that I wrote that I would expect the increase later this year or early next year. The Feb timeframe, as of now, still seems appropriate unless a second wave comes through. Since you're intending to purchase mid-September, I would say things won't be much closer to normal by then so a ticket increase would be unlikely, just from a PR standpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter