Up Where They Walk, Up Where They Run: Going the Distance with Disney & My Dissertation (comments welcome!)

I am still alive. lol.

I finished the Springtime Surprise Challenge! hooray! The 10 miler was rough bc of the humidity/crowds.
Trying to decide if I want to finally finish my PW trip report first or just do the SS trip report while it is fresh in my head...

Some updates:
I am now registered for all of Wine and Dine lol.
And Dopey. And 5K + Dumbo.
Am I going for a perfect season in 2023-2024...? (yes.)

Also I am now an annual passholder!

And I'm also seriously v broke lol.

I am still alive. lol.

I finished the Springtime Surprise Challenge! hooray! The 10 miler was rough bc of the humidity/crowds.
Trying to decide if I want to finally finish my PW trip report first or just do the SS trip report while it is fresh in my head...

Some updates:

Yes! Do all the things! Congrats!

I am still alive. lol.

Some updates:

rip to your bank account. when I win the lottery I'm doing this lol

Hello! I am alive. And ready to start training for my perfect runDisney season attempt (which I am now officially all registered for).

Given how my last two MWs have gone, I feel like I’m risking a lot, but I have a good feeling about this year!

Hopefully a more thorough update is coming soon. The TLDR of why I have been MIA is I got divorced. This was initiated by me but has still been difficult. I moved closer to where I work and am mostly settled in at this point. I brought one of my three dogs with me.

How I have been doing has definitely ebbed and flowed, but overall I am okay and feeling better. I don’t know how much I’ll delve into it here, but I feel like I am finally becoming myself. runDisney played a big role in this discovery, actually. (spoiler alert: I am gay, lol.)

I have a lot to update on… I don’t think I ever finished my PW or SS race reports— two complete challenges finished! This summer I also:
-spent a spontaneous week at WDW
-went hiking in Moab & California (Arches & Pinnacles National Parks)
-went to Disneyland Pride Nite
-saw Fall Out Boy in Chicago
-saw the Taylor Swift eras tour!!!
-spent a week in the Bay Area
-ran 20 miles in 12 hours (really, 5ish hours of running with breaks)
-rode a bicycle across Iowa
-backpacked in the Otter Creek Wilderness in West Virginia

Now, it is back to the grind but I do have a trip to Disney planned basically every month haha (a short Halloween DLR weekend, a few days at WDW for Halloween, Wine & Dine, a few days at WDW for Christmas, MW, Disneyland Half, Princess weekend, NOTHING IN MARCH!?, Springtime Surprise, then a Disney cruise in Alaska!).

Life is hard and life is good.

Happy training season! May every mile be magic. And without humidity.

Good luck with training, and I can't wait to hear about your perfect season! Also, congratulations on your self-discovery and being true to yourself. 💓

Also, YAY an Alaska cruise!!! That was my honeymoon in 2014 and one of my favorite trips ever.

Welcome back! Boy, I thought I'd had a lot of transition this year. Glad to see you're feeling more comfortable and happy. That's the best place to be coming into your perfect season challenge!

giphy.gif

Welcome back! Lots of big news and changes that I hope all bring you lots of joy, peace, healing, and all the good things. Thank you for sharing with us <3

Can't wait to see you accomplish big things this season!

Thank you all for the really kind messages! They mean a lot to me.

Happy October!

A brief update on my training season. This year, I am using a coaching program so I have a coach who connects with me each week. She updates my training plan a month at a time, and she is able to modify as needed which I really like. The coaching model is based on cumulative fatigue which is similar to what I did last year, which I did well with. I chose to go to this coaching program this year because of the flexibility and because I am training for a perfect season so I wanted someone to walk me through all of that. So far, I am really liking it and doing well with it.

In September I ran 42.4 miles (about 10 hours). This was because I got COVID... AGAIN! After my Disneyland trip. Sigh. I'm glad I got it now though so hopefully I am safe during race weekends after what happened in January. My main symptom this time was extreme fatigue. But I am doing better and was back to doing every training run this past week. My new neighborhood is hilly so that's a fun challenge. There's even a part that mimics the camber runDisney on ramps are infamous for...

In exciting news, in September I hit "one"derland for the first time since at least 2013. Last year at this time I was about 25 lbs heavier. I haven't really done much to intentionally lose weight... just been consistent with fitness and I am eating a lot more meals from home now that I live in the middle of nowhere where there are few vegan restaurant options. It is wild for my weight to not start with a 2! I feel pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter