Upcoming Disney Vacation(s) w/the kids?

First time to WDW for all of us. Trying to do everything to make it the most magical experience I can for them.

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
Check In: Monday, December 21, 2015
Check Out: Sunday, December 27, 2015
Room Type: Standard View
Guests: 1 Adult, 2 Children
Dining Plan: 2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child

Dining Reservations
'Ohana
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Time: 9:55 AM

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Time: 5:20 PM

The Crystal Palace
Date: Thursday, December 24, 2015
Time: 6:35 PM

Cinderella's Royal Table
Date: Friday, December 25, 2015
Time: 1:10 PM

Be Our Guest Restaurant
Date: Saturday, December 26, 2015
Time: 8:25 PM

Wow...Disney World for Christmas! That is a wish of mine but I can never get away from work at that time of year. The Polynesian is on our wish list of places to stay. Truly magical.

We are going October 2015. I'm excited for MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival! My daughter doesn't know yet(surprising he on her birthday in September) but she keeps talking about a Halloween party....We go to one at the zoo every year for a party, so I am throwing it off on that. LOL!

MNSSHP is so fun. Great parade. We did this a while ago and had a blast. Have you thought out how to surprise her? That so cool. I did a surprise one Christmas for our new years trip with a scavenger hunt. You guys are going to have lots of fun.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Yeah, I want to surprise her today. She's gone to Grandma's and I want to do it when she gets back.LOL It's so fun to surprise your kids!

Oh she's going to love it! Do the kids dress up in costumes for that? Do you have a special way you're going to reveal the surprise to her? You should video her reaction. :)

Everyone's vacations sound so exciting! My DS (12) and I have never done a cruise, but we DO have our 5th trip to WDW planned!

September 23 - 30th; All-Star Music Resort w/ Water Parks & More (free dining!)
Planet Hollywood (dinner)
The Plaza (dinner)
Akershus (breakfast)
Sci-Fi Dine In (lunch)
Mama Melrose (dinner)
T-Rex Cafe (dinner)
Chef Mickey (breakfast)

September 30 - October 4th; Universal Studios, Cabana Bay!

Yours sounds pretty awesome too! I would love to take a 12 day vacation with DS. Does your DS know about the trip or is it a surprise?

First time to WDW for all of us. Trying to do everything to make it the most magical experience I can for them.

MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
Dining Plan: 2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child

Dining Reservations
'Ohana

The Crystal Palace

Cinderella's Royal Table

Be Our Guest Restaurant

We will be there at the same time! We are at the Yacht Club! You have some great choices,
We are trying 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night and the Candlelight processional Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner at Hoop De Do. Maybe we will run into you!

MNSSHP is so fun. Great parade. We did this a while ago and had a blast. Have you thought out how to surprise her? That so cool. I did a surprise one Christmas for our new years trip with a scavenger hunt. You guys are going to have lots of fun.

Yep! I'm going to put balloons in a box and she'll open it and they come busting out with an invitation from Mickey to come to his Halloween party. :) This is our first ever MNSSHP so I am beyond excited!LOL!

Oh she's going to love it! Do the kids dress up in costumes for that? Do you have a special way you're going to reveal the surprise to her? You should video her reaction. :)
Yep (see above,lol) and I think I'm going to Disney bound as Minnie and she'll be Izzy.I was originally going to be Doc's mom and she Doc McStuffins, but we changed our minds. LOL! I am going to video it. I think I may get my sister to do it, so I can help he open and read it. :)

Yours sounds pretty awesome too! I would love to take a 12 day vacation with DS. Does your DS know about the trip or is it a surprise?

Fingers crossed that it WILL be awesome! Now that we have a few other trips under our belts, I (and the boy) have a better idea as to what we can expect, which will hopefully cut down on some of the struggles that we faced while we were learning those magical ropes!

He does know all about it! BUT - this is the first in five trips that he actually knows the departure date. Every time we had a vacation planned, the boy knew that we were going, but he didn't know the exact date. That way he could be included in the planning, which he loves. Because I know his personality and how he reacts to surprises (he was absolutely thrilled with being surprised), I would just secretly pack and then haul his butt out of bed long before sunrise to jump on the plane. Luckily, all 'surprises' went off without a hitch.

This time around we talked about it, and I left the decision up to him as to whether or not he wanted to be surprised. He wanted to know the date, so for the first time, he has his own little countdown calendar.

Will your vacation be a surprise?

Fingers crossed that it WILL be awesome! Now that we have a few other trips under our belts, I (and the boy) have a better idea as to what we can expect, which will hopefully cut down on some of the struggles that we faced while we were learning those magical ropes!

He does know all about it! BUT - this is the first in five trips that he actually knows the departure date. Every time we had a vacation planned, the boy knew that we were going, but he didn't know the exact date. That way he could be included in the planning, which he loves. Because I know his personality and how he reacts to surprises (he was absolutely thrilled with being surprised), I would just secretly pack and then haul his butt out of bed long before sunrise to jump on the plane. Luckily, all 'surprises' went off without a hitch.

This time around we talked about it, and I left the decision up to him as to whether or not he wanted to be surprised. He wanted to know the date, so for the first time, he has his own little countdown calendar.

Will your vacation be a surprise?

My DS will only be 2 when we cruise Alaska. For his 1st birthday (Disney cruise), I recorded him receiving his character call from Mickey and I involved him in our countdown (making him mickey pancakes for breakfast, mickey and lightening mcqueen sandwiches for lunch, taking pics in front of our mickey ears shaped countdown chalkboard, etc.), but he was too young to "get it". lol

MYW Pkg + FREE Dining

Dining Reservations
'Ohana

The Crystal Palace

Cinderella's Royal Table

Be Our Guest Restaurant
Yep, you nailed all the big ones for a little girl. Are you planning to do the Christmas Party? If not, you may need to do some research into that, as they'll shut the park down early for normal guests, iirc.

DD(12) and I don't have a next big Disney trip planned! On our next visit to Orlando, we are focusing on Halloween Horror Nights at Universal for DD's 13th birthday, but we will be getting a "taste" of Disney when we come over for MNSSHP. Honestly, I think we're about to be on a Disney hiatus. We may do another cruise or visit Disneyland at some point, but I don't think we will plan another big Disney World trip until DD can do the Backstage Magic tour at age 16.

We are headed for a 4 night stay at POP Century October 22-26 and going to MNSSHP the 25th. I'm also starting to plan a longer 6-7 day stay for next year and still deciding between October (good weather lower crowds), November (love late November and the Christmas party/decorations) December (think a Christmas trip would be crazy but fun), or January (great pricing in value season and low crowds)...when would you choose?!

WOWZERS! I love reading about everyone's plans. Our trip is not until April 2016. But, we are already booked for CSR although I'm thinking of switching over to CBR who knows????:D
I booked 9 days & I'm playing with dining choices. Can't wait!

WOWZERS! I love reading about everyone's plans. Our trip is not until April 2016. But, we are already booked for CSR although I'm thinking of switching over to CBR who knows????:D
I booked 9 days & I'm playing with dining choices. Can't wait!

Yes I'm very far from my trip as well. October 1st 2016 (my birthday!) through the 9th (or maybe 10th who knows). I chose CBR for right now but when my son returns from his summer vacation with his dad's side of the family, we might adjust to to something else. Hopefully we can get in a day at Universal as well since we're huge Harry Potter and Marvel fans.

We're booked at Disney World for Sept 18-27. We're staying at Pop Century, and these are the restaurants we've reserved...
Crystal Palace
Ohana breakfast and dinner
Be Our Guest
San Angel Inn
Sci Fi Diner
Tusker House Donald's breakfast
Kona Cafe
Cape May Cafe breakfast and dinner
Coral Reef

We've never stayed outside the value resorts, but I'd LOVE to stay at the Polynesian!!!! Never been on a cruise either, but it's on our list of things to do

Hello! I'm a single mom of one DD6. Our next WDW vacation is booked for next May 14-28 so we are still a little ways out, but I've planned what I want to do and just have to wait to implement most of it! I also plan on surprising her on morning of departure day!!

We're booked at Disney World for Sept 18-27. We're staying at Pop Century, and these are the restaurants we've reserved...
Crystal Palace
Ohana breakfast and dinner
Be Our Guest
San Angel Inn
Sci Fi Diner
Tusker House Donald's breakfast
Kona Cafe
Cape May Cafe breakfast and dinner
Coral Reef

We've never stayed outside the value resorts, but I'd LOVE to stay at the Polynesian!!!! Never been on a cruise either, but it's on our list of things to do
Awe we will miss each other by a week!!!

While we are talking about upcoming vacations... Have any of you been to the campfire with Chip and Dale? Looking for review! Would it be worth me taking a 2 year old?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter