[Update 19/04] Dreams - California Grill - Meal and show

Carrie_Cat

I'm a Rive Gauche person
According to La Gazette de DLHFan who only writes about the DLH, the California Grill will be offering a special menu for the Disney Dreams show and it will be along these lines

[Exclusive] Here are several details about the special meal for Dreams. First, an appetizer will be offered at the Founders Club overlooking the Park and the show, whose music will be broadcast simultaneously in the room. Champagne will be included. Then, the meal held at the California Grill proposes a single menu composed of: a starter (foie gras or salmon), a main course (beef, turbot, cod or half a lobster) and a dessert (pastries). Wine will be included. Concerning the prices: €199 per adult and €69 per child. This information is subject to change. However, the source is reliable.

http://la-gazette-de-dlh-fan.over-blog.com/
http://twitter.com/?utm_campaign=dlhfan&utm_content=185100201609015296&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=fb#!/dlhfan

According to this site http://www.sortiraparis.com/loisirs...y-fetent-aussi-les-20-ans-de-disneyland-paris it will roll out as follows

Wonderful evening at Disneyland Hotel
A complete special 20th anniversary experience is awaiting the gourmets at the Disneyland Hotel:
- Early evening at Café Fantasia with a cocktail of your choice,
- Dinner at California Grill to enjoy a menu specially created for the occasion,
- Late evening at Founders Club to enjoy a unique view of the show Disney Dreams ®! while sipping champagne and petits fours.

Now this option does excite me a lot! :cool1:

I would love to do this but only in November as we won't have the children and it is a celebration weekend for DH & I :goodvibes.

I am really praying that they will continue this into the winter season and will be booking if they do!

It is expensive but does include a cocktail and wine (how much? probably a bottle?) and for the quality of food it isn't that bad!?! I think to see Dreams from the Founders Club, while sipping Champagne would be amazing :lovestruc :love:.

I will enquire about this when we go in June - definitely :wizard:

Yep this is the one I'd be the most interested in doing but OH would never pay that price for a meal at DLP :sad2:

I know, it is a lot of money but I think out of all the options, worth it the most in my mind :thumbsup2.

Can you not persuade DH for a birthday treat for you or something Carrie :lmao:?

Wonder if they do AP discount :lmao:....

Actually, reading it back, it is a full night of stuff. I just wonder if there will be the time for it all in November as I'm thinking Dreams will come forward in time quite a lot :confused:.

For 400€ I'd rather go to one of the Michelin restaurants in Paris for a 3hr lunch or even for a tasting dinner of several courses

There are so many top restaurants in Paris that offer a whole experience well worth that sort of money, that why I know that he wouldn't budge on the DLH

But I'm counting on you to go and check it out for the board ;) :goodvibes

Ooh it does sound lovely but I'm afraid after sipping my cocktail in Cafe Fantasia I'll then have to go and watch Dreams with the rest of the riff raff!! ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Elaine! If you are there in November (and by some grace it is still on then), I will make sure I wave to you from some balcony or other :rotfl2::rotfl:. But would no doubt see you in Fantasia Bar sipping your Glowtini anyway ;)...

Knowing my luck it won't continue in the winter season. As I can't see how they could fit the whole thing in if Dreams is say 8 pm start or something :confused:. Unless they do the meal bit afterwards?

And while I think the adult price is 'doable' :-)scared1:), there is no way I'd do it in June and have to pay for 2 kids (who would eat nothing) at those prices :rolleyes1.

Come to think of it, would it not be cheaper to just pay for a night in the Castle Club anyway and then pray (plead) for a park view room and watch it from your room? :lmao:;)

Sounds an amazing treat but I prefer being IN the park to watch the shows, watching from a room set away fom the action I just feel isn't the same. I had this option one New Years Eve when staying at the castle club. I wouldn't have changed being in the park to experience the atmosphere for anything, even champagne and watching through the windows :)

Hah I had been dying to read this thread all day and was thinking Ooooh that would be a nice little honeymoon treat for my soon to be hubby and myself but I could get a nice second hand car for that price :scared1::scared1:

I am the riff raff that will be sat on the pavement devouring a sandwich with a glass of sparkling cola on Main St!

Lol Kizzabel - loving the coke reference!!! :lmao:

I don't think we'll get the chance to do this anyway as it does sound like the price will put people off (plus, what happens with those staying in the Castle Club - is the lounge out of bounds in the evening to them?). So, by November I doubt they will be running it, and as I said, not sure how the timing would work, if Dreams is still running anyway (which I'm sure it will be - Steve Davison made a reference on FB that said they will be looking to do seasonal overlays on Dreams - not many 'seasonal events' between now and Christmas for example, so I guess that means it is here for a good while) :goodvibes.

In June half term I'll definitely be with the rest of this board/riff raff :-)lmao:) on the pavement! :thumbsup2. Just need to decide whether to do the Walts one instead in June... :confused3

WOW!!!!!!!!!

My other half does not know this yet... purely because he'd kill me! But I am so going to be booking this if it does get confirmed!!! The way I see it, it's my birthday - I wanted to eat at California Grill anyways - and... someone help me out with a third reason as to why I shouldn't feel guilty for booking a meal not far short of a holiday price lol :rotfl:

and... someone help me out with a third reason as to why I shouldn't feel guilty for booking a meal not far short of a holiday price lol :rotfl:
Because you're going to promise your DIS friends that you'll report back to them on it!! :goodvibes

Yes, that is a brilliant reason to book it :lmao:. Someone needs to be our 'guinea pig' :rotfl2:.

Seriously, we too were probably going to eat at CG in November so it's a great reason to upgrade to this. Having said that, I doubt it will be running then sadly.

Hope you get booked up! :thumbsup2

Because you're going to promise your DIS friends that you'll report back to them on it!! :goodvibes

I LOVE this reason!!! I will have to tell him that we *need* to eat there because the WORLD of DisBoards is depending on us!

Yes, that is a brilliant reason to book it :lmao:. Someone needs to be our 'guinea pig' :rotfl2:.

Seriously, we too were probably going to eat at CG in November so it's a great reason to upgrade to this. Having said that, I doubt it will be running then sadly.

Hope you get booked up! :thumbsup2

I will have a word for you when I go in May! :laughing:

Hi all this sounds amazing!! However we will be there with 2 kids are they allowed or is this an adult only evening? Thanks

This is definitely on as the menu below shows

Menu adulte
Amuses bouches féériques

Entrées
Foie gras de canard en 2 cuissons, Mi-cuit au pain d'épices et Poêlée avec compotée de fruits rouges
OU Tempura de Saumon, Brouillade de blanc d'oeuf au caviar d'Aquitaine, et coulis de Piquillos

Plats
Dégustation de poissons Lotte et Cabillaud rôtis, Crumble de chorizo, Risotto aux vongoles
OU Surf and Turf, Homard et filet de boeuf, accompagnés de légumes du moment.

Fromages affinés et leurs confits

Parade de dessert et Café

Vins
Cigalus IGP Pays d'Oc (blanc ou rouge) 15cl
OU Le choix de notre sommelier Banyuls 15cl
Eau Minérale 50cl

It was on display in Cafe Fantasia. According to the same poster on DCP the evening will be as follows

Une cocktail au choix au café Fantasia, puis un repas d'exception au California Grill, suivi d'un accès au Founders Club (situé juste à côté du lounge du Castle Club) pour visualiser le spectacle Dreams!, tout en savourant champagne et mignardises. (son diffusé en direct)

All reservations for this are to be done through the concierge of the Castle club

Comes from here

http://disneycentralplaza.englishbo...e-les-menus-20-ans-repas-dreams-infos-page-21

A cocktail of your choice at café Fantasia and an exceptional meal at the California Grill, followed by access to the Founders Club (located next to the lounge of the Castle Club) to see the show Dreams!, While enjoying champagne and sweets . (its broadcast live)

Adult menu

Magical Appetizers (your guess is as good as mine ;))

Starters

Foie Gras cooked 2 ways : Semi cooked with gingerbread and Pan fried with red fruit compote
OR Tempura Salmon, Scrambled Egg White with Aquitaine caviar and sauce Piquillos

Main Course

Lotte and roasted cod served with a chorizo crumble and a clam ​​risotto
OR Surf and Turf, lobster and beef fillet, served with vegetables of the moment.

Ripened cheese and candied peel

Coffee and a parade of desserts

Wines

Cigalus IGP Pays d'Oc (white or red) 15cl
OR The selection of our wine Banyuls 15cl
Mineral water 50cl

Bumped for Queenie (amongst others)

Maybe someone will see it having eaten there this menu and post :cool2:

Rottie - I'm looking at you :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter