Update 5/30. I'm going to Club 33 with 43 other DIS'ers PTR! W/photo's! ABD BSM Tour.

Anna,

Glad you had fun at WDW! :worship: I am soooooooo jealous. DLR one month. WDW the next month.

:goodvibes Jennifer

I just want to say I am loving your report :thumbsup2! The pictures you've taken and posted are awsome, and they really help me to imagine I was there. Like when you took a picture of the Castle, then turned left a bit, took another and then again to the right..I said to myself oooh good girl :goodvibes! Brilliant!

Looking forward to the rest, and hearing about your trip to WDW too.

Hope you had a great time at WDW. Can't wait to read the rest of your report.

I had a great time at WDW. I will post some pictures as soon as I upload them. We stayed up late every night. We were exhausted by Monday. Sunday night the Magic Kingdom closed at 1:00AM and I think we were the last people down main street.

Anna,

Glad you had fun at WDW! :worship: I am soooooooo jealous. DLR one month. WDW the next month.

:goodvibes Jennifer

I can't wait to hear about your trip back to DL. Where are you staying next month?

I just want to say I am loving your report :thumbsup2! The pictures you've taken and posted are awsome, and they really help me to imagine I was there. Like when you took a picture of the Castle, then turned left a bit, took another and then again to the right..I said to myself oooh good girl :goodvibes! Brilliant!

Looking forward to the rest, and hearing about your trip to WDW too.

Hi Kristina!:wave2: Thanks for taking the time to read my report. I'm glad your enjoying the photos. I wasn't sure if I was posting too many pictures. I love reports with lots of pictures too.

Hi everyone! I'm back and here is the next installment.

After Club 33 we were off to Indiana Jones

Here is the Queue for Pirates of The Caribbean.
DSC_1404-1.jpg

DSC_1405-1.jpg

Here we are at Indiana Jones.
DSC_1407-1.jpg

Michael and Jamie took us thru the exit, we were headed backstage to see how the ride vehicles work. My uncle said normally the mechanics aren't here during the day, so I guess they come in just for the tour. We weren't allowed to take any pictures backstage.

DSC_1411-1.jpg

DSC_1410-1.jpg

DSC_1409-1.jpg

After we walked thru most of the queue we went thru a gate on the left. They had BBQ's back there. I asked my uncle about them and he said they loved having cookouts there. I thought that was pretty cool that they could do that. Then we went inside what looked like a big Warehouse. They had a few ride vehicles inside. They had one hooked up to a laptop and they had Matthew come up and play with the joystick that made the car move. It was really cool. Then they turned us around and they showed us the speakers and played some sound for us on another car. After that we got to ride the ride. I didn't have time to take any pictures because my seatbelt was stuck! :eek: The car started moving and I started to freak out. Finally it came loose after the car stopped before it left the load area. Now that would have been a wild ride!

After Indy we headed in the direction of It's a Small World.
Michael and Jamie gave us some history about the ride.

DSC_1416.jpg

DSC_1413-1.jpg

Then we went backstage again. We were not allowed to take pictures again.
First place we went was the mechanic are for the trains for the Walt Disney Railroad. They had a boiler cutout so you could see how it worked. They had a mechanic talk to us about how the engines work. It was very cool. I would love to do the early morning train tour at WDW after our short tour at DL.

Photo0596.jpg

Photo0593.jpg

Next we went over to the Parade Barn. On the way we saw some ride vehicles outside a warehouse. There was a bobsled, a cage for Mickey's Fun Wheel, one of the Dumbo cars and I think and Indy speedway car. Across from the Parade Barn is where they shoot off the fireworks. They are in a big cage. They we saying if you are in the area just before they shoot them off you must go inside this one warehouse and stay there till the show is over.

They had one of the Christmas Parade floats out for us to look at.

Then we headed over to the Circle D Corral. We got to check out the Pope house at the ranch. We were given some info about the ranch, but it was hard to hear because they had an Umbrella Cockatoo and a regular Cockatoo back there. Those Cockatoo wanted us to go see them so Kim and I did. They were so funny.

Here is a short Video of the ranch. The only thing we saw was the house.
http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/25/behind-the-scenes-at-disneylands-corral/25985/

CircleDCorral5.jpg

CircleDCorral3.jpg

CircleDCorral4.jpg

CircleDCorral2.jpg

Most of these pictures came from the Orange County Register.

Then we were off to lunch. We were suppose to have lunch at Cafe Orleans, but it had some construction going on so we had lunch at Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue. It was very good.

DLLunch-1.jpg

DSC_1417.jpg

DSC_1420.jpg

Photo0597.jpg

DSC_1418.jpg

DSC_1419.jpg

DSC_1421.jpg

Now this is where thing start to a little wrong. The waitress comes along and takes Kim Dessert order and she was about to take mine when Michael comes along and said we can't have dessert. He said we need to leave soon for our next destination. I wasn't as upset because I new where we were going. Kim was upset because they should have planned better and let us finish our meal. Michael said we have 5 minutes to use the restroom, so off we went. I told Kim we were headed to Walt's Apt and the Lilly Belle and I would rather do that than have dessert, she agrees. I do agree with Kim that they should have planned better though. When we get to the restroom there is four people in front of us and they only have four stalls.

While waiting I snap this picture.
DSC_1422.jpg

We come out of the restroom and NOT A PERSON FROM THE ABD TRIP IS THERE!!! I took this picture as we stepped out of the restroom.

DSC_1423.jpg

We walk to the front of the restaurant and look around, we see NO ONE.
I tell Kim that they should be headed to the front of the park to see Walt's Apt. and the Lilly Belle. We head off in that direction. I have Michael's and Jamie's phone number and call. Neither of them answer! I call Kevin who is from the podcast and he booked the trip for everyone. Kevin answers and said that they were headed for the front of the park. Let me say I was not happy, but Kim was pissed. I calmed her down and reassured her we won't miss anything. When we got to the front of the park they were at the flag pole area, when we saw the guides all they said was "there you are"!!!!

Here is the flag pole area. I really liked the California Poppy's there were so pretty.
DSC_1424.jpg

Later on we found out not only did they do this to us they did it to other people. Plus they were told people we were still in the restroom and they said they needed to leave now and left. We were told they walked really fast also. They were lucky that first I have read other trip reports and new where they were headed and that Kim and I knew the park some. What if we had know idea where to go or if we were in Paris where we didn't speak french? I was not happy, but it did not ruin our trip.

Up next the Lilly Belle and Walt's Apt.

Oh lunch was BBQ Chicken and Ribs, Coleslaw, Beans and Cornbread.

Lunch that day was good but also where the group organizational skills of our Guides fell apart. We were eating our meal having a good time when all of a sudden it is announced (right after we ordered dessert) that we have 5 minutes to finish up AND go to the bathroom. What group with 21 women can get through a bathroom break with only 3 stalls in less than 5 minutes????? Mom and I left the bathroom a few people before Anna and Kim and the group was leaving just as we found them so Anna and Kim never had a chance.

So we were split into three groups. One went to Walt's Apt, one went to the Lilly Belle and the other went to Mr. Lincoln. We were in the Lilly Belle group.

DSC_1433.jpg

The view down Main Street from the train station.
DSC_1434.jpg

Inside the train station.
DSC_1436.jpg

DSC_1437.jpg

DSC_1439.jpg

Looking out the window towards the front of the entrance to the park.
DSC_1438.jpg

DSC_1440.jpg

This picture is very washed out. I should not have used the flash.

DSC_1441_2.jpg

The train car was beautiful. I really enjoyed our trip around DL in the Lilly Belle.

DSC_1449_2-1.jpg

DSC_1464.jpg

DSC_1455.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1459.jpg

DSC_1462.jpg

These control the fans in the car.

DSC_1473.jpg

DSC_1480.jpg

DSC_1472.jpg

DSC_1452.jpg

DSC_1466.jpg

DSC_1479_2-1.jpg

The view out the window from the train. Here is an empty Rivers Of America.
DSC_1467.jpg

DSC_1471.jpg

Lunch that day was good but also where the group organizational skills of our Guides fell apart. We were eating our meal having a good time when all of a sudden it is announced (right after we ordered dessert) that we have 5 minutes to finish up AND go to the bathroom. What group with 21 women can get through a bathroom break with only 3 stalls in less than 5 minutes????? Mom and I left the bathroom a few people before Anna and Kim and the group was leaving just as we found them so Anna and Kim never had a chance.

I was surprised with three guides this had happened. I did write about this in the questionnaire ABD sent out. Did you say anything about your luggage?

Yikes I can't believe they left you....so glad you knew where to go.

Melanie, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of had any idea where we were going. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Up next is Walt's Apt. This is where I cry.

DSC_1486.jpg

DSC_1488.jpg

DSC_1489.jpg

This was just before we went upstairs.
DSC_1490.jpg

We go thru the gate and around the backside of the building. We head up the stairs and inside. We are told to have a seat. I sit next to the lamp in a sliding chair and put my feet up. Michael and the guide give us the history of the apartment. I'm really not sure what they said because I was in awe of where I was. There was a standup music player that you had to crank. They were talking about it and saying that they play it sometimes. They said that they hear it sometimes when no one is in the apartment. Hmm could it be Walt's ghost? Then they played it for us. This is when I lost it. I sat there and was able to visualize Walt, Lillian and the kids hanging out there. I could see them listening to the same music and the kids playing. I was happy to see Marilee was just as touched. Thank goodness she had some Kleenex. They took our picture before they turned on the music player thanks goodness. After we were done crying we were able to walk around. We checked out the bathroom and then went out on the deck. Kim and I stood on our tip toes and looked over the fence. it was kind of fun looking down on everyone. We sat for a few minutes and then it was time to leave.

Marilee is sitting right behind me. She is holding her husband Dino's hand.

DSC_1491_2-1.jpg

DSC_1493.jpg

DSC_1498.jpg

DSC_1499.jpg

Now it was time to go see Mr. Lincoln. This was just something for us to do because we had so many people.

DSC_1502.jpg

DSC_1503.jpg

Inside they had some models like the ones we saw at Imagineering.

This is DL park.
DSC_1506.jpg

DSC_1504.jpg

The castle

DSC_1508.jpg

DSC_1507.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

Splash Mountain.

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1509.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1512.jpg

DSC_1514.jpg

The Capital Building

DSC_1523.jpg

Sorry this is blurry

DSC_1518.jpg

Oh when we left Walt's Apt. we ran into Cruella Devilla backstage. It was pretty funny because she made some kind of smart aleck remark. It was great how she just turned it on. I wish I could remember what she said. :rolleyes:

Here are a some old tickets to the park.
DSC_1515.jpg

DSC_1516.jpg

We then we went in and watched Mr. Lincoln.

After we left outside was Mickey! Hi Mickey!!!!
DSC_1524_2.jpg

Then i turn around and here comes Goofy! Hi Goofy!!!!

DSC_1526.jpg

DSC_1527.jpg

After that we are told we have around 15 minutes before the other groups are done. So I head off to the restroom by Mr. Lincoln. Man did those bathrooms stink! Kim decided to call and make a reservation for Cafe Orleans for that night. I call and make a reservation at 7:30 for four. We thought we would make it for a couple of extra people just incase someone wants to join us.

Then we head for the area in front of the Railroad station and wait.

Here come Minnie! Hi Minnie!
DSC_1532.jpg

DSC_1533.jpg

DSC_1535.jpg

The other groups finish up and then the guides tell us they have a surprise for us.......

We Get To See The DREAM SUITE!!!!!!!
So we stay in our three groups and one group gets to go to Pirates without wait, the other group is off to the Tiki Room and the last group is off to the Dream Suite.
We were in the group that got to head off to the Dream Suite first!!!!!!!

Here is Joey at the entrance to the Dream Suite.

DSC_1536.jpg

DSC_1538.jpg

Hi Heather!
DSC_1540.jpg

A picture on the wall as you walk in.
DSC_1543.jpg

A Chandelier in the entrance
DSC_1546.jpg

DSC_1547.jpg

Patio area
DSC_1549.jpg

Pete looking out the window to the patio.
DSC_1550.jpg

DSC_1552.jpg

On to the master bedroom. Lets see how many pictures I can take of the bed!
DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1559.jpg

DSC_1560.jpg

Here is the Dream Suite Guide.
DSC_1561.jpg

DSC_1562.jpg

DSC_1557.jpg

DSC_1570.jpg

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1566.jpg

Hi Heather! Just before we went into the master bathroom Heather's battery ran out on her camera and she borrowed one from me. I was glad I had an extra that fit in her camera.
DSC_1567.jpg

DSC_1568.jpg

The Good Night Kiss. The picture moves and there is a projection on the wall to music. It was really cool!
DSC_1571.jpg

DSC_1572.jpg

Here is the switch to start the Good Night Kiss.
DSC_1573.jpg

On to the Master bathroom. Because I was giving Heather the Battery I didn't have much time in there, we were in the very back.

DSC_1574.jpg

DSC_1578.jpg

DSC_1576.jpg

This was in the water closet.
DSC_1584.jpg

DSC_1585.jpg

The Shower
DSC_1583.jpg

This is the closet.
DSC_1588.jpg

DSC_1586.jpg

The hallway going into the living room.

DSC_1589.jpg

The living room.

DSC_1590.jpg

DSC_1598.jpg

DSC_1597.jpg

DSC_1596.jpg

The rug had some hidden Mickey's in it.

DSC_1600.jpg

DSC_1595.jpg

DSC_1601.jpg

DSC_1602_2-1.jpg

DSC_1607.jpg

Now the second bedroom, Kim and I really liked this room.

DSC_1613.jpg

DSC_1620.jpg

DSC_1604.jpg

DSC_1608.jpg

DSC_1610.jpg

This was the Disney's last name before they came to America.
DSC_1612.jpg

The bathroom
DSC_1623.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1622.jpg

DSC_1625.jpg

Now we out to the patio
DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1629.jpg

DSC_1630.jpg

DSC_1628_2-1.jpg

On to the Tiki Room....

DSC_1631.jpg

DSC_1632.jpg

Michael is getting ready to bring out a guest.
DSC_1633.jpg

And here she is Miss Ophelia

DSC_1637.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

DSC_1643.jpg

DSC_1644.jpg

Then we were off to Pirates. I don't have any good pictures because I won't take flash pictures in rides I think it is very rude.
The line for Pirates was long. It went outside of the Queue and out in the walkway to the French Quarter.

This blurry picture is of the Blue Bayou.

DSC_1647.jpg

DSC_1653.jpg

DSC_1654.jpg

After Pirates we were done for the day and were told if we wanted to watch the parade there would be a special spot roped off for us. We were given our pin of the day and five fast passes.

DSC02923.jpg

Now because of Melanie's report I knew they use to give out a really cool pin when you tour Walt's Apt, so I asked Jamie about it. He said ask Michael, he'll talk a while about it.

So I asked Michael and all he would say is that they tried it for a while and stopped passing them out, end of subject. Kim and I took it as they didn't want to spend the money to make the pins anymore. That is so wrong because we are paying more for this tour and you'd think they could give us that pin. It was the pin I wanted the most. It was of a lamp and it would lite up. :sad1:

so Kim and I decide to ride Big Thunder and go the wrong way. We went by Splash Mountain OOPS! So we walk back around ROA and ride Big Thunder. After that I get a Coke then we decide to scope out the spot to watch the Parade. We see an area with benches and are told that this was our spot, but they now need it for another group. The CM points out our new spot with NO place to sit. Kim asked if she could sit on the ground and the CM said this is an interactive parade, so she couldn't sit in the front and watch. She explains that she is Legally blind so he said he could save us the front row in this area for her, but we wouldn't be with the group so we decide to skip the parade. We head over to DCA to ride Soarin. We get over to Soarin and I have a seat at the CS restaurant while Kim RUNS back to the room. When she gets back we ride Soarin and then head back to DL. We call Katherine and John to see if they want to eat dinner with us and they can't because they were off to somewhere else. Kim and I head over to Cafe Orleans. We are early so I check out the store with all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff and then check us in. I tell the CM it is just Kim and I. While we are waiting Tonya and her mom come by and we invite them to eat with us. I go and tell the CM the entire party is now there and we are sat a few minutes later.

I have French Onion Soup and Pommes Frites. The Pomme Frite have Garlic, Parm Cheese and Parsley. They were very tasty!
Kim and Tonya have Pomme Frites and the Monte Cristo sandwich. I can't remember what Carol had!!! :eek: It might have been a Crepe.

DSC_1655.jpg

DSC_1656.jpg

DSC_1657.jpg

DSC_1658.jpg

After dinner the four of us used a fast pass and rode Buzz Lightyear. Then we were done for the night. We gave Tonya all of our fast passes and we gave them out to three different family's. We had 12 fast passes between us. It was fun to pick out people to give them to. We all walked back and stopped at the World of Disney store and then Tonya and her mom went and had Ice Cream. Kim and I went back to the room. I sat on the Balcony and downloaded pictures to my computer and listened to the live music at DTD. It was a great day!

I was surprised with three guides this had happened. I did write about this in the questionnaire ABD sent out. Did you say anything about your luggage?

I didn't get a questionnaire - but I certainly would have told them about my luggage if I had gotten one - and probably a few other things too. :rotfl2::confused3:rolleyes1

So we stay in our three groups and one group gets to go to Pirates without wait, the other group is off to the Tiki Room and the last group is off to the Dream Suite.
We were in the group that got to head off to the Dream Suite first!!!!!!!

This is where the group organizational skills of the Guides once again broke down - they said "We have a special treat - to see the Dream Suite!!! Let's go!!!" and they took off like bats out of hell down Main Street and didn't pay any attention if any of us were following. The park was very crowded and most of us didn't have any idea exactly were the Dream Suite was. At this point I almost pulled out the lightsaber but decided I was too tired and cranky to be helpful and might actually poke the Guides with the lightsaber instead of guiding my fellow Adventurers. (No luggage = no sleep and dirty clothes and that makes Tonya a cranky girl.) :rolleyes1

I didn't get a questionnaire - but I certainly would have told them about my luggage if I had gotten one - and probably a few other things too. :rotfl2::confused3:rolleyes1

This is where the group organizational skills of the Guides once again broke down - they said "We have a special treat - to see the Dream Suite!!! Let's go!!!" and they took off like bats out of hell down Main Street and didn't pay any attention if any of us were following. The park was very crowded and most of us didn't have any idea exactly were the Dream Suite was. At this point I almost pulled out the lightsaber but decided I was too tired and cranky to be helpful and might actually poke the Guides with the lightsaber instead of guiding my fellow Adventurers. (No luggage = no sleep and dirty clothes and that makes Tonya a cranky girl.) :rolleyes1

As far as I remember from my other tour I was told that everyone gets an online survey after their ABD tour. I wonder why you didn't get one. I praised them for the good and let them know how I felt about the bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter