Update 5/30. I'm going to Club 33 with 43 other DIS'ers PTR! W/photo's! ABD BSM Tour.

Lunch that day was good but also where the group organizational skills of our Guides fell apart. We were eating our meal having a good time when all of a sudden it is announced (right after we ordered dessert) that we have 5 minutes to finish up AND go to the bathroom. What group with 21 women can get through a bathroom break with only 3 stalls in less than 5 minutes????? Mom and I left the bathroom a few people before Anna and Kim and the group was leaving just as we found them so Anna and Kim never had a chance.

They sure did not plan very well from this point on for the rest of this afternoon.
I was lucky as i was outside in the smoking area with John and Pete.
The group came out and were moving quickly and I said to John guess we better move it.

I didn't get a questionnaire - but I certainly would have told them about my luggage if I had gotten one - and probably a few other things too. :rotfl2::confused3:rolleyes1

This is where the group organizational skills of the Guides once again broke down - they said "We have a special treat - to see the Dream Suite!!! Let's go!!!" and they took off like bats out of hell down Main Street and didn't pay any attention if any of us were following. The park was very crowded and most of us didn't have any idea exactly were the Dream Suite was. At this point I almost pulled out the lightsaber but decided I was too tired and cranky to be helpful and might actually poke the Guides with the lightsaber instead of guiding my fellow Adventurers. (No luggage = no sleep and dirty clothes and that makes Tonya a cranky girl.) :rolleyes1

You can be cranky all you want, I would have given anything to see the lightsaber come out. :worship::worship:
I lost it and start freaking out at being left behind.
If you want cranky I was it at this point. :mad:
We got a questionnaire but did not get around to filling it out in the alotted time with everything that has happened since we got home.

Now because of Melanie's report I knew they use to give out a really cool pin when you tour Walt's Apt, so I asked Jamie about it. He said ask Michael, he'll talk a while about it.

So I asked Michael and all he would say is that they tried it for a while and stopped passing them out, end of subject. Kim and I took it as they didn't want to spend the money to make the pins anymore. That is so wrong because we are paying more for this tour and you'd think they could give us that pin. It was the pin I wanted the most. It was of a lamp and it would lite up. :sad1:

We did not receive the pin on our tour as well. It was ok, as we had an amazing experience. I will never forget it! :goodvibes

We did not receive the pin on our tour as well. It was ok, as we had an amazing experience. I will never forget it! :goodvibes

I had a great experience, but I want my pin. :sad1: I think there was more to the story because of the way Jamie was talking to us about it. He made it sound like Michael was very upset about not having the pin. I hope in the future they bring the pin back.

Glad my report helped you know where to go when you were left behing.

You sound like you were moved in Walt's apartment just like I was. It really is such a magical place & I felt Walt's presence so strongly. Lucky you had your picture made before the crying....my nose is so red in my pic it isn't even funny.

:sad2: that you did not get your lamp pin & that you were expecting it because of my report. They need to work on that as it is such a unique pin.

Loved the Dream Suite pics.....that was a great treat that you guys got. We were hoping we would get to see it but didn't.

Weird about the parade viewing area.

Anna,

I was right there with ya on being left after lunch at DL. I think I was in the restroom right before you. Luckily when I came out, Bill waited back for me. I would really like to re-do this trip with not quite so many people. It felt very rushed at times. However, when they do the DU tours in the future, I think it will still be 30+ people. So, we may opt to do one just through ABD in the future if the tour sizes are too large. It was great traveling with DISers. But, the larger group seemed to be an issue with our Guides and the flow of the tour. Maybe, a group of DISers could take over at 12 person tour? That would be fun!!!!! Just an idea. :wizard:

Anyone up for a trip next year???????? :banana: (We'll need all that time to save for it!!!!! ;))

:goodvibes Jennifer

:worship::worship: Thanks again, Anna, for saving my day with the camera battery!!!! I usually have two of everything with me, and of all days to not have an extra battery in my bag...

I love all the photos and thinking back to that incredible day. There was more incredible stuff packed into it than I would have dared to dream.

Anna,

I was right there with ya on being left after lunch at DL. I think I was in the restroom right before you. Luckily when I came out, Bill waited back for me. I would really like to re-do this trip with not quite so many people. It felt very rushed at times. However, when they do the DU tours in the future, I think it will still be 30+ people. So, we may opt to do one just through ABD in the future if the tour sizes are too large. It was great traveling with DISers. But, the larger group seemed to be an issue with our Guides and the flow of the tour. Maybe, a group of DISers could take over at 12 person tour? That would be fun!!!!! Just an idea. :wizard:

Anyone up for a trip next year???????? :banana: (We'll need all that time to save for it!!!!! ;))

:goodvibes Jennifer

I was thinking of doing this trip again, but have decided I want to go to Europe next year. I also wanted to do the trip with fewer people too. I felt rushed as well. Kim and I were talking and they really should split up the stuff we did on Friday ( Club 33 day) with the stuff we did on Saturday. That would have been so much better.
Kim is going to do the trip again with the DIS/DU next year.

:worship::worship: Thanks again, Anna, for saving my day with the camera battery!!!! I usually have two of everything with me, and of all days to not have an extra battery in my bag...

I love all the photos and thinking back to that incredible day. There was more incredible stuff packed into it than I would have dared to dream.

Your very welcome! I was happy that I was able to help. If you have some pictures to add Heather please do.

I received the ABD CD from Kim yesterday, so I'm going to post pictures from the CD today.

Photo0015.jpg

This was the host for the ABD Jeopardy game.
Photo0303.jpg

Photo0304-1.jpg

Photo0312.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

Photo0033-1.jpg

Photo0313-1.jpg

Hi Bill!
Photo0044.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

Photo0316.jpg

Photo0318.jpg

Photo0050-1.jpg

Photo0051-1.jpg

Hi Katherine!!!
Photo0055.jpg

Photo0320.jpg

Photo0315.jpg

Photo0324.jpg

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0330.jpg

Photo0329.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

THis was on stage at the El Capitan.

Photo0338.jpg

This was on Jimmy Kimmel's stage where he sits.
Photo0342.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

Photo0687.jpg

Photo0085.jpg

Photo0086.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0725.jpg

Photo0741.jpg

Photo0724.jpg

Photo0721.jpg

Photo0744.jpg

Photo0397.jpg

Photo0266.jpg

Photo0387.jpg

Photo0383.jpg

Photo0385.jpg

Photo0386.jpg

Photo0423.jpg

Photo0426.jpg

this is our group just before we went in to watch Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Photo0428.jpg

Photo0429.jpg

Photo0431.jpg

This was after we watched the Imagineering video and Dave was pulling the curtain back showing Lucky.
Photo0103.jpg

This is Dave with Lucky, he was the Imagineer who showed us around.
Photo0434.jpg

Photo0435.jpg

Photo0438.jpg

Miguel getting Lucky's autograph.
Photo0107.jpg

Photo0460.jpg

Photo0461.jpg

Photo0462.jpg

Photo0126.jpg

Heather
Photo0114.jpg

Marilee and Dino
Photo0124.jpg

Katherine and John
Photo0110.jpg

Bill and Jen
Photo0112.jpg

Dave and Sally
Photo0121.jpg

These are from the sculpture room at imagineering.
Photo0132.jpg

Photo0479.jpg

Photo0480.jpg

Photo0135-1.jpg

Photo0481.jpg

Photo0472.jpg

Photo0473.jpg

Photo0812.jpg

Photo0507.jpg

Photo0515.jpg

The group in Legends Plaza

Photo0747-1.jpg

This is Don our bus driver
Photo0755.jpg

These were from Steakhouse 55
Photo0757.jpg

Photo0817.jpg

Katherine you looked very nice!

Photo0819.jpg

Photo0815-1.jpg

Photo0763.jpg

On to the Haunted Mansion

Photo0765.jpg

Photo0825.jpg

Photo0827-1.jpg

Photo0828.jpg

Photo0833.jpg

Waiting in line to board our Sub

Photo0776.jpg

Here is the sub we bottomed out

Photo0775.jpg

Love all the photos! it gives me such an idea of how the trip was, but tell me this, what is the background behind this pic? I know as a So Cal local that no trip would be complete without In-n-Out, but did the ABD people actually take you there at some point? How awesome is that? We began our whole F&W DL trip getting an In-and-Out burger on our way to the VGC, I just wondered if Disney sanctioned them as well?

Love all the photos! it gives me such an idea of how the trip was, but tell me this, what is the background behind this pic? I know as a So Cal local that no trip would be complete without In-n-Out, but did the ABD people actually take you there at some point? How awesome is that? We began our whole F&W DL trip getting an In-and-Out burger on our way to the VGC, I just wondered if Disney sanctioned them as well?

The ABD guides did walk a group over that wanted to go. All of us at Jimmy Kimmel walk over that night. It wasn't part of the trip though, so you paid for your own food. THe ABD guides did take the photo when they go their. I think it was about an 8 minute walk. We walked over at about 9:30 or 10:00. I thought it was nice that they would take their off time to walk people over to IN-N-OUT.

Love all the new pics. Is it ok to ask why there are 2 faces blurred out?
I love the one of your guide in the stretching room all alone. Priceless.:thumbsup2

I think we are on the last day of the ABD trip.

Saturday April 17 2010. Theme of the day is: Behind the Orange Grove.
Word of the day is: Forced Perspective.

It was another early day, we had to meet down in the lobby at 7:00am.

I'm not sure what we were doing with the pillows but we must have been tired still and started playing with them.
DSC_1659.jpg

We went down stairs and we all walked over to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. Katherine sat with Kim and I for breakfast. John wasn't feeling so good that morning so he skipped breakfast.

I think the story behind this picture was that Kim was tired and not smiling so Katherine was putting a smile on her face. I think it is a funny picture.

DSC_1661.jpg

Here is most of the buffet. I didn't get pictures of the hot food because of the line of people.
DSC_1662.jpg

DSC_1663.jpg

DSC_1664.jpg

DSC_1665.jpg

DSC_1666.jpg

DSC_1667.jpg

DSC_1669.jpg

They had potato salad and some other salads on the buffet that we thought strange, but it was for Europeans who don't eat like we do for breakfast.
DSC_1670.jpg

DSC_1674.jpg

DSC_1675.jpg

DSC_1676.jpg

They had hotdogs, chickens nuggets, cheese pizza and macaroni & cheese for the kids.
DSC_1678.jpg

Kim had the peanut butter and Jelly pizza and thought it was very good.
DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1680.jpg

DSC_1681.jpg

DSC_1682.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

DSC_1684.jpg

DSC_1685.jpg

DSC_1686.jpg

DSC_1692.jpg

Photo0631-1.jpg

DSC_1694.jpg

DSC_1693.jpg

After breakfast we hung out in the area near Steakhouse 55 and Goofy's Kitchen. Kim went to the restroom while I waited to make sure she didn't get lest behind and guess what they were going to leave, so I ran over told Michael Kim was in the restroom and he waited with me. Oh there were some other people in the mens room also.
When Kim got out of the restroom we caught up to the rest of the group very fast. They must have been moving slow.

We went back to the GCR. Here Michael was posing across the room for me.

DSC_1700.jpg

DSC_1702.jpg

DSC_1708.jpg

Everyone was ready to leave after about 10 minutes. Off we went to DCA.

DSC_1711.jpg

DSC_1710.jpg

By the time we got into DCA they were open. So we headed over to Soarin first. I knew what we would be doing so I was REALLY EXCITED.

DSC_1712.jpg

DSC_1714.jpg

DSC_1716.jpg

Photo0659-1.jpg

DSC_1723.jpg

DSC_1721.jpg

DSC_1724.jpg

DSC_1725.jpg

So what we got to do in Soarin was ride the ride and then go down below the screen and while the ride and movie were going. I can't explain hoe AWESOME this was. We were in the group who rode the ride first. We got to ride twice because they did not have the door unlocked for them to go down below.

Here we are waiting in line.
Photo0651.jpg

Photo0653.jpg

When it was our turn to go under the screen we passed the other group and the look on their faces was priceless. Kim and I were last and Michael was behind us. As we were going down the stairs he stopped opend the door to take a picture and the door closed, I waited because I was thinking how will he get back in. After about 45 seconds I heard him knocking on the door. So I ran up the stairs and let him back in.

Here is the picture he was taking.
Photo0592.jpg

First the screen is metal and has holes all over. The CM explained that they close the ride once a year for a deep cleaning. While we were standing there the other group was talking to us and were could see them and were talking back to them. Once the ride started my mouth dropped. I walked very closed to the front part of the screen and watched the movie and our group. I believe we were told that the top tear of the ride is 50FT up. THat because of the shape of the screen when you loose a shoe it just slides down the screen and they collect them at the bottom. After the ride was over she answered a few quick questions. We were short on time so we didn't get to see the pellets that make the smell during the ride, but she said that they we the same as the Glade pellets that were used in the toilet rolls that had air freshener in them.

Up next Art of Animation, Turtle Talk With Crush and TOT....

I was thinking of doing this trip again, but have decided I want to go to Europe next year. I also wanted to do the trip with fewer people too. I felt rushed as well. Kim and I were talking and they really should split up the stuff we did on Friday ( Club 33 day) with the stuff we did on Saturday. That would have been so much better.
Kim is going to do the trip again with the DIS/DU next year.

Your very welcome! I was happy that I was able to help. If you have some pictures to add Heather please do.

......I too felt very very very very very rushed as well:headache: all throughout the entire adventure as well as this was my very first visit not only into the state of California but also into Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks.

:goodvibes But with every bad comes some good as I am in the middle of conversing with two wonderful people (via e-mail) who work in the "7 Dwarfs Building" about this and other concerns I have stemming from this adventure (March 27th - April 3rd)-

Example: the DL tour guides seemed bent on hurrying us on up outta Walt's apartment, the Dream Suite, the Ranch house (what is the proper name of that building?), etc...
I learned nothing and was left scratching my head wondering just what in the heck was I looking at? :confused3

Moreover, I wasn't allowed (earlier in the adventure) to have a brief encounter with "Lucky the Dinosaur" on account we were on a schedule.

???????

IMO, the only DL tour guide who "Got it right" was the tour guide on the Lilly Belle pull car as he was very informative and enlightening:woohoo:.

Anywho -

your pics look impressive:thumbsup2....lovin yer trip report!popcorn::
I am sooooo jealous you got a chance to see the trains of Disneyland up close and such at the roundhouse!

T.T.F.N.

Great trip report! I am getting more excited about the trip in July after reading everyone's terrific reports. I want to write one, but do not know how. I will figure it out so that I can post to the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter