Update April 6th: Most ABD tours cancelled through April 30th, 2021 & cruise packages and escapes through Aug 10th.

November 19, 2020

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Sunday, February 28, 2021. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options.
Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE AND TEMPORARY CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We understand how much anticipation surrounds each Adventures by Disney vacation, so we’ve made temporary updates to our policies to offer Guests more flexibility.

For New Bookings:

CANCELLATION & FINAL PAYMENT POLICY UPDATES

New bookings made through March 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 90 days prior to departure.

Please note that Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022 are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For Existing Bookings:

ADVENTURE DATE CHANGE POLICY UPDATE

Guests currently booked on adventures through February 28, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through March 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 90 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 89-45 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 44 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty.

Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.
Show Less

Additional Information
Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available. Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/travel-advisory/

uggggg. I am booked for mid march... I wish they would just call it already. I do not want to go on my trip either way. I want to rebook for next March. I do not want to have to PIF in a few weeks for a trip I don't want to take..... I am wondering if I can move my trip with no penalty a this point...

uggggg. I am booked for mid march... I wish they would just call it already. I do not want to go on my trip either way. I want to rebook for next March. I do not want to have to PIF in a few weeks for a trip I don't want to take..... I am wondering if I can move my trip with no penalty a this point...
It might depend on when you booked it - seems like those who booked In May 2020 or later have a bit more flexibility for Deposit refunds up to PIF date.

Link ^ above, here is the text if anyone wants to see historical versions later:

December 21, 2020

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Wednesday, March 31, 2021, with the exception of the following:
  • March 15 & 24: Arizona and Utah Adventures
  • March 27: Costa Rica Adventure
Additionally, the following April departures are also suspended:
  • April 4: Disneyland Resort and Southern California Adventure
  • April 8 & 15: Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape
Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.

We understand how much anticipation surrounds each Adventures by Disney vacation, so we’ve made temporary updates to our policies to offer Guests more flexibility.

For New Bookings:

New bookings made through March 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 90 days prior to departure.

Please note that Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022 are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For Existing Bookings:

Guests currently booked on adventures through April 30, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through May 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 90 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 89 to 45 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 44 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty.

Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.

As far as I can tell they simply changed the language to include some of the new trips.

January 12, 2021

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Wednesday, March 31, 2021, with the exception of the following:
  • March 15 & 24: Arizona and Utah Adventures
  • March 27: Costa Rica Adventure
  • April 4: Disneyland Resort and Southern California Adventure
  • April 8 & 15: Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape
Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.

For New 2021 Land, Short Escape and River Cruise Bookings:

New bookings of 2021 season land adventures, short escapes and river cruises made through March 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 90 days prior to departure. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For New Expedition Cruise Bookings and Buenos Aires Escape:

CANCELLATION POLICY

Guests who change or cancel their expedition cruise or Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason through March 31, 2021 will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made after March 31, 2021 will be subject to Adventures by Disney’s standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.

For New 2022 River Cruise Bookings:

Date changes or cancellations will follow standard terms & conditions.

For New & Existing Bookings:

Guests currently booked on adventures through April 30, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through May 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 90 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 89-45 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 45 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this final payment policy.

Is ABD providing covid testing services for the CR trip due to the new CDC rule to get back into the US?
That's a really good question. As is what their intentions would be if you test positive at the end of the trip and a) can't fly home & b) potentially infected everyone on the trip including the Adventure Guides and the Local Guides and any activity providers.

Sayhello

Biggest change I see is that for 2022 river cruises and the new expedition cruises, refund policy goes back the the original policy of no refunds more than 14 days after booking. The policies above for those tours say deposits are fully applied as a credit to another adventure and not refundable. Under those conditions, I likely won’t be booking anything else until I know for sure I will be able to travel.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother looking seriously at anything for awhile. I'm expecting a vaccine in my arm by May, but I'm not going to risk more money being caught up when we have no idea what the world will look like.

I don't know, I have anxiety disorders -- this year has been really hard. I haven't been anywhere but work all year and I'm jumpy around people. I think it will probably take me a long time to get back to feeling up for huge crowds. And that's not to say anything about the fact that many things around the world are going to still be struggling immensely for who knows how long.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother looking seriously at anything for awhile. I'm expecting a vaccine in my arm by May, but I'm not going to risk more money being caught up when we have no idea what the world will look like.

I don't know, I have anxiety disorders -- this year has been really hard. I haven't been anywhere but work all year and I'm jumpy around people. I think it will probably take me a long time to get back to feeling up for huge crowds. And that's not to say anything about the fact that many things around the world are going to still be struggling immensely for who knows how long.
I so feel you on this! I haven't even gone to work, I've been working from home since early March! The only things I go out for are doctor's appointments, and hair appointments (my hairdresser's place is huge, well-ventilated, 20 feet or more between stations, everyone wears masks, no waiting area anymore, etc, so I feel safe there). I had to have some work done on my car last week and could not handle waiting in the waiting area, even though everything was social distanced and folks were wearing masks (although not all were wearing them correctly). I ended up walking around outside in 28 degree weather rather than be in that waiting area, because it just made me nervous to be around that many people. I will occasionally go out walking various places, but only if there's virtually no-one there. I'm worried about how long it will take for me to get used to being around people again, or that I might get too used to being a hermit. My first time on a plane post-pandemic is going to be VERY nerve-wracking!

Sayhello

I was reading an article last night regarding NZ and how they aren't planning on vaccinations until the spring as they want to wait for final test results. Many are speculating that they won't be open for tourists until mid-2022. I had thought that my March, 2022 departure would be safe, now I am a not so sure. Apparently NZ is worried about whether or not people that have been vaccinated can still transmit the virus. They have done such a good job keeping things at bay that they do not want to take any risks.

I wonder how long ABD will wait to cancel their NZ departures. I wouldn't be comfortable PIF and having the money tied up for several months while they decide if the trip will depart, then hope for a refund as opposed to a credit.

Is ABD providing covid testing services for the CR trip due to the new CDC rule to get back into the US?
That's a really good question. As is what their intentions would be if you test positive at the end of the trip and a) can't fly home & b) potentially infected everyone on the trip including the Adventure Guides and the Local Guides and any activity providers.

No way ABD is running with the brand new CDC requirement of COVID tests before reentering the US. Ultimately our only chance of international travel in the next couple of years will be proving vaccinated people aren't carriers, and vaccines become required for crossing boarders. We were going to plan a Costa Rica trip on our own for this summer, but not now.

FWIW, I'm sure many here have friends that have gotten the vaccine or they themselves have. I was fortunate enough to get the first shot last week. Feeling fine. I was tired the next day and my arm hurt for several days, but otherwise I feel good. So far, so good!

I was reading an article last night regarding NZ and how they aren't planning on vaccinations until the spring as they want to wait for final test results. Many are speculating that they won't be open for tourists until mid-2022. I had thought that my March, 2022 departure would be safe, now I am a not so sure. Apparently NZ is worried about whether or not people that have been vaccinated can still transmit the virus. They have done such a good job keeping things at bay that they do not want to take any risks.

I wonder how long ABD will wait to cancel their NZ departures. I wouldn't be comfortable PIF and having the money tied up for several months while they decide if the trip will depart, then hope for a refund as opposed to a credit.

Yeah we have a Christmas 2021 NZ ABD. Thanks for the update. Sounds like that will be another trip, I'll need to find an alternative to.

It doesn't sound like they have cancelled any further trips, but now those booked through May 31, 2021 are being told they can move their trip to another date up to 45 days prior to their trip. The new trip must commence by May 31st, 2022.

February 3, 2021

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• March 15 & 24: Arizona and Utah Adventures​
  • March 27: Costa Rica Adventure​

• April 4: Disneyland Resort and Southern California Adventure​
  • April 8 & 15: Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape​

For New 2021 Land, Short Escape and River Cruise Bookings:

New bookings of 2021 season land adventures, short escapes and river cruises made through March 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 90 days prior to departure. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For New Expedition Cruise Bookings and Buenos Aires Escape:

CANCELLATION POLICY

Guests who change or cancel their expedition cruise or Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason through March 31, 2021 will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made after March 31, 2021 will be subject to Adventures by Disney’s standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.

For New 2022 River Cruise Bookings:

Date changes or cancellations will follow standard terms & conditions.

Guests currently booked on adventures through May 31, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through May 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 90 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 89-45 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 45 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this final payment policy.

Show Less

Additional Information
Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available. Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345.

Guests currently booked on adventures through May 31, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through May 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.
The terms are different between the website and the email I received-

Website says new travel date itineraries departing through May 31, 2022 (bold added by me):

Where the email says travel must be completed by May 31, 2022 - (again, bold added by me) x

With this in mind, we are offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. Guests currently booked on Adventures through May 31, 2021, can change their reservation and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure. Guests may select an alternate Adventure or place their booking on a future hold date by calling a Vacationista at 1-855-223-0025 or 407-566-8345. Guests will have until May 31, 2022, to complete travel. This future travel credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

Very interesting. Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the change policies. It sounds to me as if they are trying to limit refunds when they inevitably cancel more trips. I really don't see how they are going anywhere internationally until late summer/fall. The variants are changing things. I think we are going to see continued closed borders to Americans :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter