Update April 6th: Most ABD tours cancelled through April 30th, 2021 & cruise packages and escapes through Aug 10th.

Well... that was surprising. ABD cancelled our river cruise (just ours, I'm not sure if it was due to lack of participation or what) and it's now been pulled from the website. My watch it over, but I'm still livid for everyone else stuck in limbo... :sad2:
Well, congratulations, I guess! (At least you're out of it!) I agree. It's still awful for people stuck betwixt and between.

Sayhello

Last edited:
Well... that was surprising. ABD cancelled our river cruise (just ours, I'm not sure if it was due to lack of participation or what) and it's now been pulled from the website. My watch it over, but I'm still livid for everyone else stuck in limbo... :sad2:
Remind me your dates ...?

It was the first Rhone trip with an excursion to the Meyer Werft shipyard; May 27-June 3rd

Ah, okay. We are supposed to go in October. We’ll see I guess

And we are July, with the shipyard excursion booked as well. All I can say is, if our trip happens but the shipyard excursion is no longer part of it, ABD had BETTER offer us the option of cancelling for a full refund. That was the big selling point for us on this trip....

And we are July, with the shipyard excursion booked as well. All I can say is, if our trip happens but the shipyard excursion is no longer part of it, ABD had BETTER offer us the option of cancelling for a full refund. That was the big selling point for us on this trip....

Yep, I was concerned about how far behind they may be in May also... it was looking promising until MW turned off the webcam. I'm still not sure why they did that.

It really is... we have nothing left that is nonredundable. I have some trips in my head and we'll see how the year progresses. Holding onto a cruise reservation for November for now, and might go see my brother over the winter holidays if things get better all around, but not a penny is in jeopardy anymore. :)

It is for us too. We are supposed to go in June and my head says that it likely won't be a "go" while my heart is still hoping for it.

Do you realize that Europe is in lockdown & will be for some time .

We here in Ireland are not allowed to travel over 5 miles from home without a pass.

A fine of € 200 you will pay if caught.

Local people WHO wish to travel OVERSEAS will pay a deterrent fine of € 2,000 on return

International Holiday makers will have to ISOLATE in a designated Hotel for 14 days AT their own

expense.

We do not things will be normal till at least September 2021

We here in Ireland are not allowed to travel over 5 miles from home without a pass.

Local people WHO wish to travel OVERSEAS will pay a deterrent fine of € 2,000 on return

International Holiday makers will have to ISOLATE in a designated Hotel for 14 days AT their own

expense.

Thank you for sharing this. While I hear some of the European situation, I was not aware of the fines or the pass needed to travel more then five miles in Ireland. That is more restrictive than we had here in my state (California) during our recent lockdown.

While it is discouraging to keep having travels cancelled, it is the safer thing to do right for the time being. My recent visit to Downtown Disney for one of the infamous Disneyland corndogs (now that lockdown is lifted and outdoor dining is once again open for us) will have to suffice for now. Yes, I drove 80 miles for a corn dog, and a corn dog never tasted so good!

Thank you for sharing this. While I hear some of the European situation, I was not aware of the fines or the pass needed to travel more then five miles in Ireland. That is more restrictive than we had here in my state (California) during our recent lockdown.

While it is discouraging to keep having travels cancelled, it is the safer thing to do right for the time being. My recent visit to Downtown Disney for one of the infamous Disneyland corndogs (now that lockdown is lifted and outdoor dining is once again open for us) will have to suffice for now. Yes, I drove 80 miles for a corn dog, and a corn dog never tasted so good!

I was also craving them so we made a batch this week...! I do wish more batter would have stuck to the dogs but they came out very well regardless and we had some batter left over to coat more things. We also meant to freeze some for later since there are only two of us but they were gone within a couple days... :rolleyes1

IMG_1773.jpg

PS - from "The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook". We're in the middle of a winter storm in Portland today so we'll be making the chili from Smokejumpers for dinner.

I was also craving them so we made a batch this week...! I do wish more batter would have stuck to the dogs but they came out very well regardless and we had some batter left over to coat more things. We also meant to freeze some for later since there are only two of us but they were gone within a couple days... :rolleyes1

View attachment 555837

PS - from "The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook". We're in the middle of a winter storm in Portland today so we'll be making the chili from Smokejumpers for dinner.
Thanks! Have not seen this recipe before...time for a trip to the market!

expense.

Yes, I do that is why I said that my heads says that it isn't a go but my heart is still hoping. I am in California and we are one of the most locked down states in the US. My kids have not been to school in almost a year now and I have only gone into my office once or twice a month to take care of essential business.

I don't know if group travel will even be a thing by Sept 2021.

Another update today - they cancelled the trips associated with cruises in Europe this summer. As noted by @sayhello in another thread the Costa Rica trip that was still on for next month is gone too. Also they are saying guests booked on travel through May 31, 2021 may move their trip up to 45 days prior to the start of their adventure without any fees. Notably IMO this has NOT meant that trips in April have all been cancelled... at least not yet.

February 24, 2021

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Wednesday, March 31, 2021, with the exception of the following:
  • March 15: Arizona and Utah Adventures
Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures through May 2021 and Disney Magic Sailings through August 10
Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. Disney Cruise Line is carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As Disney Cruise Line continues to refine its protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, all sailings departing through May 2021 have been cancelled. Additionally, Disney Cruise Line has also made the decision to cancel Disney Magic sailings through August 10, 2021. Read more about Disney Cruise Line's operational updates. opens in a new window
As a result, most Adventures by Disney cruise packages and Escapes booked in conjunction with these sailings are also cancelled. Impacted sailings include Disney Magic departures on May 22, May 29, June 4, June 11, June 19, June 27, July 6, July 11, July 17, July 23, July 30 and August 10, 2021 and the Disney Wonder sailing on May 31, 2021.
Guests who have purchased any of the above Adventures by Disney cruise packages or Escapes will automatically be refunded in the form of their original payment.
If you wish to speak with a representative directly, please contact a member of the reservation team at (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE AND TEMPORARY CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We understand how much anticipation surrounds each Adventures by Disney vacation, so we’ve made temporary updates to our policies to offer Guests more flexibility.

For New 2021 Land, Short Escape and River Cruise Bookings:

CANCELLATION & FINAL PAYMENT POLICY UPDATES

New bookings of 2021 season land adventures, short escapes and river cruises made through March 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 90 days prior to departure. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For New Expedition Cruise Bookings and Buenos Aires Escape:

CANCELLATION POLICY

Guests who change or cancel their expedition cruise or Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason through March 31, 2021 will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made after March 31, 2021 will be subject to Adventures by Disney’s standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.

For New 2022 River Cruise Bookings:

Date changes or cancellations will follow standard terms & conditions.

For New & Existing Bookings:

ADVENTURE DATE CHANGE POLICY UPDATE

Guests currently booked on adventures through May 31, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through May 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 90 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 89-45 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 45 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this final payment policy.

Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.
Show Less

Additional Information
Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available. Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345.

Another update today - they cancelled the trips associated with cruises in Europe this summer. As noted by @sayhello in another thread the Costa Rica trip that was still on for next month is gone too. Also they are saying guests booked on travel through May 31, 2021 may move their trip up to 45 days prior to the start of their adventure without any fees. Notably IMO this has NOT meant that trips in April have all been cancelled... at least not yet.
I already cancelled my May 25 Central Europe trip last week; did not want to PIF only to have Disney cancel a month or so later. I don’t expect it will go, either because of travel restrictions still in place or because of too few peeps - only six were remaining after I cancelled. The PIF date was this week Friday.

We just got our PIF warning for our river cruise for the 1st week of July. I would cancel in a heartbeat, but I've got $3K of non-refundable airfare bought through ABD. If they cancel the trip, I get that back, if I cancel, no refunds.

We just got our PIF warning for our river cruise for the 1st week of July. I would cancel in a heartbeat, but I've got $3K of non-refundable airfare bought through ABD. If they cancel the trip, I get that back, if I cancel, no refunds.

Out of curiosity have they actually purchased said airfare..? I'm not sure when they usually send you flight info as we've not done that through them before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter