• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Still praying for your nephew and hoping for more good news any time now. I do hope they can take him at the Shepherd Center. Last year, we got a call early in the morning that our friends were in a bad motorcycle accident and they didn't expect her to make it. They are both early 20s. He ended up being ok but she was really bad off for a while. She finally came to after about 3 weeks and would have wild conversations. Like that she was pregnant when they had the wreck and all kind of stuff. She wasn't. She went to the Shepherd Center for a few months and is now doing great! She drives and acts normal and even asked about the crazy conversations she had. I am praying for the same for your nephew.

Great pictures Teresa and thank you so much for keeping us updated. You are all in my continued prayers. God is with you always and He is forever rooting Dom on.

He has been on my prayer list since you made your first post about him

Dom will stay on my prayer list for always

Thank you for the uodate

adding my prayers. I can tell you from my husband's experience the brain is an amazing thing and miracles can happen!

We were hoping he'd be approved for the LTAC facility, Acuity, in Atlantic City. An LTAC is a long term acute care hospital, that is a type of hospital that patients go to when discharged from a regular hospital but aren't ready yet for rehab, and aren't well enough to go home. I know it sounds confusing when I say "long term" hospital. Usually insurance will pay for about 30 days. You're probably saying, well that isn't long, but it terms of hospital stays, 30 days is long, considering I was in the hospital for one night for my total knee replacement. They want you in an out nowadays.
So, so complicated, Teresa. Everyone always seems like they want to pass the buck or give a reason they can not do things. UGH!

We have a very good friend of ours who was in a local LTAC facility for almost 3 months. Was in a regular hospital, needed gastric surgery, but too weak and underweight to undergo it. She went to the LTAC, was treated, put on the necessary weight, went to the hospital for her surgery, then to a rehab for 2 months and then home. Doing well.

Dom, and all of you guys remain in my prayers, Teresa. :hug:'s Hoping for a good outcome.

Great picture of Dom, and Harry also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter