Update to DCL Navigator App

I love the update for what it is, but I used to be able to set that countdown date myself ...and did so for many other occasions. Oh Well!

I love the new features of the app, but I don't like that you have to keep logging in, especially if all you want to do is look at the countdown. My daughter loves looking at the countdown on her phone, but will have a problem with logging in every time.

I love the new features of the app, but I don't like that you have to keep logging in, especially if all you want to do is look at the countdown. My daughter loves looking at the countdown on her phone, but will have a problem with logging in every time.
That was my thought also. Too bad they have to take something away to give you something:(

I have an old Samsung Galaxy phone(about 5 yrs old). The app won't work now on my phone. Guess I'll be buying a new phone, I've been thinking about getting a newer one for a long time. I don't need a fancy phone that does a lot. I'm assuming the app will work on the new Galaxy s10, anyone have that phone and can tell me that the app works on it. Thanks

I have an old Samsung Galaxy phone(about 5 yrs old). The app won't work now on my phone. Guess I'll be buying a new phone, I've been thinking about getting a newer one for a long time. I don't need a fancy phone that does a lot. I'm assuming the app will work on the new Galaxy s10, anyone have that phone and can tell me that the app works on it. Thanks
Works fine on S10.

Do you have an S5 or S6? Our son still has the S6, I think. I got it free from work, but it's getting really long in the tooth now. I guess he's getting a newer one for this and other reasons. Luckily, he's fine with Samsungs and doesn't always want the most expensive one.

Lol, the updates to the DCL app are always a good reason to upgrade your phone. We had to get new phones for DH and I before our cruise last August due to an update to the DCL app last spring. We have android phones (and have Tracphone as our carrier.)

Do you have an S5 or S6? Our son still has the S6, I think. I got it free from work, but it's getting really long in the tooth now. I guess he's getting a newer one for this and other reasons. Luckily, he's fine with Samsungs and doesn't always want the most expensive one.

No, it's even older than that, it's the Grand Prime. I think it came out in 2014, I got it in 2015 so it was even old when I got it,lol!! My dh still has a flip phone!!
My dd has been bugging us about getting her a phone, so if I get a new one I'll let her have my old one. She's only 10, so she will be happy to have it--after all she's been the only kid in the entire world who doesn't have her own phone!lol!

Wondering if you will have to be logged in while onboard to use app? If family members do not have account will they not be able to use app?
This is my question as well. Hoping someone will get back with the answer to this soon.

Wondering if you will have to be logged in while onboard to use app? If family members do not have account will they not be able to use app?
The last time we were on a DCL cruise (August 2018) you didn’t need to be logged in to use the texting on the app. I left my phone with my son. We have another cruise in August 2019 - we were going to bring an old phone with just wifi for him to use. Will he have to have his own account?? Is that even possible?

I agree with previous posters: I don't like that I have to keep re-logging in, and I also have used the counter for other times. I had it set for when we leave, not when the cruise leaves. Now I'm all off on how many days I have left.

But the trade off is that (as I understand it) once I log in and do my PIF I can see what will be going on every day of my cruise itinerary...something I will especially like now that my next cruise includes my friend who has never cruised before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter