I need to try that. I just went to the one on brook road but only got one. Staples would only let me buy one yesterday.

I’ve had good luck buying multiple at both the Short Pump and the Burlington Office DepotMax locations. No luck at all at Staples though; they seem to be pretty strict.

I don't think the OD/OM deal is online.

There were 2 different OD deals. The online one only lasted for around 30 minutes last Thursday morning and gave you a $100 visa gift card for $90 shipped (it gave free shipping and no activation fee and $10 off). The only drawback was that since OD uses giftcardmall for their online gift cards, it did not earn 5% with ink cards. (I got around that by paying with a visa gift card that I had a from a previous deal.)

The current OD deal is in store and is for $10 off a $100+ visa card. This deal is not as good as the online deal since the activation fee is not waived. So you are paying $100 +$5.95 = $105.95 - $10 = $95.95. Not that it is not a good deal, its just the online one was better.

The only drawback with the prepaid Visa and MasterCards are that if you use them for ordinary purchases and ever need to do a chargeback, it is not like an ordinary credit card where they will back you up. I know this from experience when we bought some extra charging cables from Texas Instruments and FedEx lost the package and Blackhawk network refused to back our chargeback claim (even with proof that FedEx had lost the package.) FedEx even refunded the money to TI and then TI refused to refund us and Blackhawk Network refused our chargeback. I learned the hard way to never use prepaid cards to pay for merchandise. I now only use them to pay bills.

Last edited:

The only drawback with the prepaid Visa and MasterCards are that if you use them for ordinary purchases and ever need to do a chargeback, it is not like an ordinary credit card where they will back you up. I know this from experience when we bought some extra charging cables from Texas Instruments and FedEx lost the package and Blackhawk network refused to back our chargeback claim (even with proof that FedEx had lost the package.) FedEx even refunded the money to TI and then TI refused to refund us and Blackhawk Network refused our chargeback. I learned the hard way to never use prepaid cards to pay for merchandise. I now only use them to pay bills.

What an excellent DP, thank you!

Added Offers 7/07/20

Discount District
Meijer: Buy $150+ Visa Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Instantly
  • This should work on variable load Visa gift cards provided your local Meijer has them. If so, that makes this a profitable deal; just be aware that it might be best to not pay with an Amex Hilton, Marriott or Delta card seeing as they’re clawing back some points from gift card purchases.
  • Limit 1 coupon per offer. Must add coupon to account. Expires 7/11/20. Link
Stater Bros: Spend $50 On Select Gift Cards + $10 Groceries & Get $10 Off
  • Includes: Chipotle, GameStop, Regal Cinemas, Jiffy Lube, Domino’s and Nintendo eShop
  • Limit 1 coupon per transaction per day. Offer valid July 8-21, 2020. Link
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Stitch Fix Amex Offer: Spend $50 & Get 2,500 Membership Rewards/$25 Back
Excludes gift card purchases. Offer valid online only at the US website stitchfix.com. Expires 12/31/20. Link

507012 READS
Swych App Closing On 7/31/20: Save Your Gift Card Data & Use Points Now Link

Update on my Disney Gift Cards I ordered. This was the $820 for $1050 card deal. I ordered on 6/28 and still nothing. This email customer service replied and said they are taking 3 weeks for Disney. Will keep you posted...
This was where i was getting nervous, I got an email about 14 business days (18th day) then immediately posted them to my account

Update on my Disney Gift Cards I ordered. This was the $820 for $1050 card deal. I ordered on 6/28 and still nothing. This email customer service replied and said they are taking 3 weeks for Disney. Will keep you posted...
It's strange that it's $1050. I thought the max GC was $1000. I think you'll have to spend $50 if you're planning on moving the funds to another card.

Added Offers 7/08/20

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
How To Force Getting Targeted For American Express / Chase / Citi / Discover / Wells Fargo Amazon Promotions - Link

Amazon Discover: Get $10 Off When Spending $60, $80 Or $100 & Using 1 Discover Point

Targeted. Expires 9/30/2020 or while supplies last.​

Bank of America Premium Rewards Cardholders: Get $50 Statement Credit To Offset Grocery, Dining and Takeout Purchases.
Expires 12/31/20. To learn more go here.

Transportation & Traveling with Points
Amtrak: Buy Roomette & Bring A Companion For Free
  • For sale July 7 – 17, 2020
  • For travel July 13 – September 30, 2020
  • Valid for one (1) free companion rail fare with the purchase of one roomette.
  • Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel.
  • Expires 7/17/20.
  • More information can be found here.

MISC
Raise: Save 5% On Travel Gift Cards With Promo Code EXPLORE
Expires 7/8/20. Link

507307 READS
Walmart To Launch Amazon Prime Competitor: Walmart+ Link

:cool1: FREEBIES
Safeway/Vons/Alberterson’s App:
Free Ocean Spray Brew
YMMV. Must add coupon first. Expires 7/14/20. Read Comments! Link

Kroger Mail: Best Customer Coupons YMMV
  • Free One Private Selection Bread, Breakfast Bread, Rolls or Buns any size, any variety
  • Free One Thomas Bagels 20 oz.
    • Coupons Expire 8/02/20.

So what is everyone using their Amex Shop Small offer on? I have one small local supermarket on the map, however they are very expensive. However, they do sell amazon gift cards but the smallest one is $25. So it would be 5 off 25, or 20% off which isn't shabby. (I will ask them if they can do a split payment, if they are willing - then I could get 10 off 25 since I have the offer on 4 Amex cards.)

So what is everyone using their Amex Shop Small offer on? I have one small local supermarket on the map, however they are very expensive. However, they do sell amazon gift cards but the smallest one is $25. So it would be 5 off 25, or 20% off which isn't shabby. (I will ask them if they can do a split payment, if they are willing - then I could get 10 off 25 since I have the offer on 4 Amex cards.)

Our local produce stand is on the list so I’ll mostly use it there. Also our favorite local mom and pop hamburger place. Ice cream shop, Amish grocery store are a couple others we could use it at. I live in a rural area and there are a ton of places around here to use it at. Not likely I’ll use it on gift cards. Probably just normal everyday spend.

We used our first credit at Great Harvest Bread Co. last weekend and we’ll probably use the rest of them there. A loaf of bread and a couple of cookies is around $10 of $11 so we get maximum value for the offer. It’s a good chance to try different kinds of bread. The sandwiches are pretty good too. There are a lot of local restaurants nearby but we really don’t eat out that much and when we do we have our few favorites.

Thanks for the answers, I ended up using one of the offers and bought a $10 Walmart egift card using the fluz app. Does anyone know if there is a way to use the gift card at the self checkout at Walmart?

Thanks for the answers, I ended up using one of the offers and bought a $10 Walmart egift card using the fluz app. Does anyone know if there is a way to use the gift card at the self checkout at Walmart?
I have added WM GCs to WM Pay in the app and then used it at self checkout. Did the fluz app trigger the amex small business credit?

We have a local upscale thrift shop on the list that has designer clothes for DD16, DD14, and DD12 at great prices. I can easily go in there 10 times and get some back to school clothes in small purchases. Recently they were having an 80% off sale and I got 2 pairs of AE jeans and 4 shirts for $15. So super easy to stay in the $10 range and get a great back-to-school wardrobe! Now... if they only go back to school... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter