• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated list of Refurbs for 2014

YukonMommy

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone. I was just checking the Disneyland website tonight (my obsession :lovestruc )and found some changes to the refurb schedule.

So I thought I would share (good news for some, bad news for others...)but this just goes to prove you never, ever know until the day you go, things change!! I did not go in order of dates but going around the parks after you enter right to left...

DISNEYLAND:
Railroad:Feb.24-March 7
Space Mountain: March 3-May 22
Nemo Submarines: January 6-Sept.26
Alice in Wonderland: Feb.3-June 5
It's a small world: Jan 21-Feb 7
Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo: Jan 7-Jan 17
Big Thunder Ranch Railroad: now-Jan 31
Sailing Ship Columbia: Jan 6- Feb 13 (?)
Pirates Lair: Jan 21-Feb 28
Splash Mountain: Jan 21-Feb 28
Haunted Mansion: Jan 7-Jan 17
Pirates of the Caribbean: January 27-Feb 13
Indiana Jones: march 3-April 25
Jungle Cruise: Jan 13-Jan 16

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE:
Soarin Over California: Feb 18-June 5
Redwood Creek Challenge: Jan 6-Feb 27
Mickeys Fun Wheel: Feb 3- Feb 6
Heimlichs Chew Chew train: March 3- march 6

Like I said, this is just that the DL website says as of this evening (Dec 21).

Gracias for sharing.

"Indiana Jones: march 3-April 25"

:faint: after a not so silent scream!

But....it is much needed. Better to be down for refurbishment, instead of breaking down. Like it had many a time not long ago.

Hi Everyone. I was just checking the Disneyland website tonight (my obsession :lovestruc )and found some changes to the refurb schedule.

So I thought I would share (good news for some, bad news for others...)but this just goes to prove you never, ever know until the day you go, things change!! I did not go in order of dates but going around the parks after you enter right to left...

DISNEYLAND:
Railroad:Feb.24-March 7
Space Mountain: March 3-May 22
Nemo Submarines: January 6-Sept.26
Alice in Wonderland: Feb.3-June 5
It's a small world: Jan 21-Feb 7
Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo: Jan 7-Jan 17
Big Thunder Ranch Railroad: now-Jan 31
Sailing Ship Columbia: Jan 6- Feb 13 (?)
Pirates Lair: Jan 21-Feb 28
Splash Mountain: Jan 21-Feb 28
Haunted Mansion: Jan 7-Jan 17
Pirates of the Caribbean: January 27-Feb 13
Indiana Jones: march 3-April 25
Jungle Cruise: Jan 13-Jan 16

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE:
Soarin Over California: Feb 18-June 5
Redwood Creek Challenge: Jan 6-Feb 27
Mickeys Fun Wheel: Feb 3- Feb 6
Heimlichs Chew Chew train: March 3- march 6

Like I said, this is just that the DL website says as of this evening (Dec 21).

Can you share the website (web page link) you found the closure list? I've never found a Disney page with the long range refurbish list, other than the 6wk out schedule.

Thanks
Geemo

I have not been able to find such a list on Disney's site either. I find it hard to believe that Space and Indy would both be down during all of Spring Break. That would be ridiculous.

So, I couldn't find a specific list on the disneyland.com website, but if you go to the park map and click on the specific rides mentioned in the OP's message, it confirms the refurb dates listed. I'm seriously bummed about Space Mountain....I've only seen it as Ghost Galaxy the last two times I was in the park, so I haven't seen its "original incarnation" since 1998...and they've updated it since then. I was really looking forward to seeing it again, for the "first" time, but since I'm going in the beginning of May, I'm out of luck. At least Indy will be open....it was closed when I was last there in 2012.

Ouch! I am going in early March and there seems to be an abundance of big ticket rides closed at that time and through the Spring Break busy season. Space, Indy, Alice and Soaring all through most of March and April:sad2:

How are guests supposed to keep up with the refurb schedule when the only way to find out about it is by clicking on individual attractions?? Seriously?

I just checked the Disneyland automated phone line and it still matches what we have here on The DIS.

I also checked the list available to travel agents and that hasn't been updated with the Space, Pirates, Indy info either.

I will keep checking and update The DIS when I get more info.

The park hours calendar isn't showing GRR as closed during the dates listed. Everything else seems to be consistent, though.

Thoughts?

We're planning on it being closed, but would be pretty happy if it was open!

I believe that we are going to be seeing MANY long refurbs on the E-ticket attractions over the next year in preparation for DL's 60th anniversary. Big Thunder is only the beginning....:sad2:

I am kinda bummed about the DLRR. we do utilize it to get around the parks sometimes (guess we are up for more walking this time! never a bad thing!), but more than that, it's one of our three year old's favorite rides! hehe

I expected a lot of refurbs this year, but I am surprised about the overlap of Space and Indy. While it seems believable that they both need and would get refurbs, I wonder if one of those dates might slide a bit, at least so there isn't complete overlap.
The Soarin' refurb sounds promising. If nothing else, that one needs cleaning up and/or repair of the screen, film, lens, etc. Is the new Soarin' movie still in the rumor-only category, or is that official?

I'm going Jan. 7 - 11 and was kind of surprised that Fantasmic and WOC are both in refurb at the same time :(

To find these dates I was on https://disneyland.disney.go.com/maps/ Like was stated I click on every ride to see what they say. That being said, things change. Up until a few days ago Alice was scheduled to be shut down Jan 6, now its moved until Feb. So I think everything is to be taken with a grain of salt. :goodvibes

The thing that is so frustrating is that we are locked into dates in early April because we already have plane tickets. I check refurbs before planning a trip and know that things can change but this just seems excessive. If I did not have airline tickets already, I would seriously consider moving the trip forward to summer vacation.

With so many major refurbs I hope DLR has some good discounts planned for the first half of the year.

This is a particularly harsh list! Space Mtn, Indy and Soarin', all at once, during spring break? Ouch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter