Upgraded my LMT park hopper and got full value credit for a Flex Pass.

So based on all of the conversations I’ve read on here, I’m thinking about purchasing 4 (myself, DH, DD, & DS) 3-day 1 park tickets just to have the Magic Morning hour for one day. At the end of the day, I’ll upgrade to a flex pass. I’m only 15 mins away from DL so I’m pretty much just trying to have the opportunity to enter the park during Magic morning and bridge over my ticket price ~~ being able to attend the other two days right away are not necessary for me~~~ any drawbacks to this anyone may see before I put my plan in motion?

So based on all of the conversations I’ve read on here, I’m thinking about purchasing 4 (myself, DH, DD, & DS) 3-day 1 park tickets just to have the Magic Morning hour for one day. At the end of the day, I’ll upgrade to a flex pass. I’m only 15 mins away from DL so I’m pretty much just trying to have the opportunity to enter the park during Magic morning and bridge over my ticket price ~~ being able to attend the other two days right away are not necessary for me~~~ any drawbacks to this anyone may see before I put my plan in motion?
The only potential downside as compared to just buying the FlexPass is that you wouldn't get the food and merchandise discount that first day, but I'd say the Magic Morning is more valuable than that, plus you'd have the ability to enter the park on a day when reservations might not be available.

If you buy maxpass I’ve read experiences that they didn’t get credit for the purchase.

Question.... can you set up a payment plan when you upgrade your park ticket to an annual pass? Or do you have to pay the full balance of the pass?

Question.... can you set up a payment plan when you upgrade your park ticket to an annual pass? Or do you have to pay the full balance of the pass?

If you are eligible for the payment plan (so, a resident of California) then yes, you can do the payment plan. You can even sign up for it in the app.

Ugh. I tried upgrading my Peak-Day/1-park ticket, via the app, to Flex AP and ended up with both (new AP at full price + the single day media). Now I've got to try to correct this transaction ... sigh.

And, FWIW, the Flex did not appear to connect to my former (expired) AP number.

Thank you for posting your experiences with this. I just joined LMT and am likely going to buy the 5 day hopper and upgrade on day one or two in the parks depending on when I actually attend. Basically, I want to maximize the ticket upgrade and the flex pass discounts in the parks, but not lose out on a potential reservation day. I hope I'm making sense. lol
As a Canadian I pay around 38% in exchange to buy US right now. Any and all discounts I can get will help!

I just got back from a 5 day solo trip to Disneyland and had the best time! While there, I noticed on the app it gave me the option to upgrade to an annual pass. I clicked on it to see my options. I paid $334 for a 5 day park hopper from Last Minute Travel Club. It credited me $395 toward my annual pass. I upgraded to the Flex Pass for only $204! Which is less than a 2 day hopper. I have upgraded in the past and it has always credited my the actual amount I paid. Not sure if this was a glitch, or something everyone gets now. Just thought I’d share my experience.

My experience isn't relevant at all, since it was 9 years ago, but reading about your experience just reminded me of how much ticket prices have gone up. In 2010 I bought a 3 day park hopper from LMT for $151. I upgraded to a Deluxe AP my last day and had the same experience in that I didn't need to pay the difference between the LMT park hopper price and Disneyland park hopper price. So my Deluxe AP was $263. Ah, those were the days...

Thank you for posting your experiences with this. I just joined LMT and am likely going to buy the 5 day hopper and upgrade on day one or two in the parks depending on when I actually attend. Basically, I want to maximize the ticket upgrade and the flex pass discounts in the parks, but not lose out on a potential reservation day. I hope I'm making sense. lol
As a Canadian I pay around 38% in exchange to buy US right now. Any and all discounts I can get will help!

Be aware that if you upgrade on a day that reservations are required, you will have to make a reservation that day to re-enter the park.

Ugh. I tried upgrading my Peak-Day/1-park ticket, via the app, to Flex AP and ended up with both (new AP at full price + the single day media). Now I've got to try to correct this transaction ... sigh.

And, FWIW, the Flex did not appear to connect to my former (expired) AP number.
So I emailed support (via the support form on the website) and was informed: Must do this by phone.

So I phoned support and was informed: Must do this at the Ticket Office (sales kiosks).

What are my chances of getting my 1 day ticket applied to the now existing Flex AP? Not feeling great. Think I just lost $150 1-day ticket value (1 Peak Day/1 Park). I have such horrible luck with Disneyland tickets and apps. (Gladly, I've not had these problems with WDW tickets or APs. Sigh. I really dislike Disney IT.)

These Flex APs are really tricky little devils.
  • Purchase in advance in order to reserve your intended travel dates.
  • Pass is activated at purchase rather on 1st use like other AP types. The clock starts running the moment of purchase.
  • If you wait to purchase at the Ticket Office (on site), you might not be able to reserve admission for the day/dates you are onsite.
I'm off to a poor start with this new pass, I'm afraid. My past history of "poor relationship with Disneyland APs" continues. :(

So I emailed support (via the support form on the website) and was informed: Must do this by phone.

So I phoned support and was informed: Must do this at the Ticket Office (sales kiosks).

What are my chances of getting my 1 day ticket applied to the now existing Flex AP? Not feeling great. Think I just lost $150 1-day ticket value (1 Peak Day/1 Park). I have such horrible luck with Disneyland tickets and apps. (Gladly, I've not had these problems with WDW tickets or APs. Sigh. I really dislike Disney IT.)

• Pass is activated at purchase rather on 1st use like other AP types. The clock starts running the moment of purchase.
  • If you wait to purchase at the Ticket Office (on site), you might not be able to reserve admission for the day/dates you are onsite.
I'm off to a poor start with this new pass, I'm afraid. My past history of "poor relationship with Disneyland APs" continues. :(

I thought I read in another thread that they were adjusting the pass activation date to when you actually use it first. This way you don't lose the time in between purchase date and actual usage.

Be aware that if you upgrade on a day that reservations are required, you will have to make a reservation that day to re-enter the park.

Yes, exactly my point. I need to be aware of the dates that I want to use the pass and watch to make sure I don't inadvertently upgrade it on a "need a reservation" date. Planning needed!

I thought I read in another thread that they were adjusting the pass activation date to when you actually use it first. This way you don't lose the time in between purchase date and actual usage.
That would be quite kind! And would help diffuse my present frustration/anger at DL Ticketing. I hope this news is correct. Thanks for sharing it. :)

You can only upgrade in person.

That would be quite kind! And would help diffuse my present frustration/anger at DL Ticketing. I hope this news is correct. Thanks for sharing it. :)
If you use your 1 day pass and upgrade to flexpass the flexpass start date will be the day you use your 1 day pass.

You can only upgrade in person.
I phoned DL Tickets before attempting the upgrade via the App. I was informed that the upgrade could be done either via the app or at the booth provided the App showed an "Upgrade this ticket" link. As the app showed me the link, I gave it a spin ... but it failed to complete its mission. :(

The end-user pickle is having to choose between "upgrade at the booth and possibly not get a reservation for the day you are there" against "upgrade prior to travel and lose that time from the AP." Kinda ouchy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter