Upgrading park tickets to Seasonal APs

Thank you. I wasn’t sure if the fact it would be used on a blackout date would be an issue if I wanted to go to the seasonal pass.

Lots of people will use their tickets on a blackout weekend and then upgrade when the weekend is over.

Lots of people will use their tickets on a blackout weekend and then upgrade when the weekend is over.

Thanks!! I’ve read mixed data points on various forums so thought I’d check with the experts here. Appreciate the help!

If I was you, I'd upgrade at the end of the 1st day and then you won't have the problem of the blackout day (Or any time once you are inside the park if you aren't planning on doing Park-to-Park).

I am curious though, if you upgrade on the 2nd day of a 2-day pass, do they credit you the value of a 2-day ticket or do they credit you the value of a 1-day ticket (since that's all that's left on your 2-day ticket).

If I was you, I'd upgrade at the end of the 1st day and then you won't have the problem of the blackout day (Or any time once you are inside the park if you aren't planning on doing Park-to-Park).

I am curious though, if you upgrade on the 2nd day of a 2-day pass, do they credit you the value of a 2-day ticket or do they credit you the value of a 1-day ticket (since that's all that's left on your 2-day ticket).

Even if the first day is the blackout day? Second day is not a blackout day.

I have 2 day park tickets with my AA package that I’ll be using for my upcoming visit. The 1st day of the ticket will be used is a black-out date for seasonal APs but the 2nd day isn’t. Will I be ok upgrading those tickets to season APs on the 2nd day? It looks like it would cost about $80.
I’m doing this with a 4 day ticket. I assume you mean AAA. If you get your tickets from them, they will give you a paper saying you bought the tickets from them and you will get a discount at restaurants and some shops. There are no discounts with a seasonal AP.

Even if the first day is the blackout day? Second day is not a blackout day.

I would check with them but I would be very surprised if it's a problem. If you do the upgrade at Guest Services once you are inside the park, you don't need park admission anymore (as long as you aren't planning on visiting another park) and I don't imagine it will be a problem for the guest service attendant; they are just taking your ticket and upgrading it to a AP. But I would just call UO and ask them very clearly if you are able to use your ticket to enter the park on a blackout day and once you're in inside the park, upgrade to an annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter